“Ok hotel - no backon in breakfast”

Thipurai Beach Hotel & Annex
Ranked #45 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Oslo, Norway
“Ok hotel - no backon in breakfast”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I live in the Anex of the main hotel as is only 30 meter from the Anex.
I have a Standard Room in the Annex with Breakfast and double bead.
The rooms have enough space with king size bead and have to chairs and a table.
In this street there were many Swede people to talk with - I am a Norwegian.
The breakfasts have no bacon but I by 5 slides for 50 Bath. I got the same breakfast every day.
The hotel is about 100 meter from the beach.
Hua Hin is a typical bath beach place and the beach was nice.
To the nightlife I use taxi. There was some few streets with bar with girls.
To travel from and back to Bangkok I travel with minibus together with strangers. I by a ticket in a street travel agency. But back to Bangkok the agencies will sell me taxi all the way back but take a taxi to the minibus station in center of Hua Hin and by a ticket here. From Hua Hin every 30 minutes.
The swimmingpool is a publick small one as few use.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sigmune

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Leeds England
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We have been Thipurai beach hotel the new part, last two years holiday! It is for us like going home to home! Staff there is so helpfull and pleasent nothing problem for them.
Rooms nice and very glean. Breakfest very nice too. Not faar from beach and nice walk to town.
We cant wait to go there again, so we have booked room for next year.
If you like to feel how lookals live go there. We stayed Marriot before and there you are like in any europian countrys! Here you get to know lovely Thai hospitality!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarjattaLeedsEngland
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 May 2010

The room is too expensive for what you get. What its look like 20 years ago, still look the same now. Will stay somewhere else next time. Have to pay for Wifi.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nielsen34

Travellers are raving about these Hua Hin hotels

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We stayed 1 night in the 'annexe' of the Thipurai Beach Hotel. We had booked in advance as we arived late in the evening. The room was small, smelled bad and had no view. This kind of rom could be OK for a budget guesthouse, but not at all for the rates they charge. You can find much better deals in this area!!
The breakfast was served in the main building of the hotel (two houses further in te street), wich was good. The rooms in this 'main building' also seemed better. So, if you book a room in this hotel, make sure you don't get a room in the "annexe"...
Anyway, we moved to "Baan Fong Kluen" in Takiab Village, about 6 km further south, where we had a fantastic stay for 5 days in a very nice bungalow (and much cheaper than the smelly Thipurai Beach Hotel Annexe...)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank M0sa
Thailand
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Unfriendly and unhappy staff, smelly bathroom, bathroom floor filled with woman's hair, able to hear every movement outside your room, able to hear your neighbours and their TV, poor food quality -- these are some of the reasons this place should be avoided. We were a party of 30 people -- some couples and some coming as singles. All the couples were given twin-bedded rooms and the single people were given double-bedded rooms! Room was not cleaned at the end of the second day. I called to enquire and was told that's because I did not put up the sign at the door to clean the room. Can it be cleaned now in the evening? No -- no apologies; simply a "too bad". Also, there's no hair-dryer in the entire building, something that is increasingly available even in guesthouses. Rooms and service basic -- they did come round to giving me bottles of water and an extra pillow after twice asking. TV had many channels, but the English-language programmes were mostly dubbed in Thai. Places like this should not be allowed to survive.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank Frank-Mozart
Union City California
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I booked this hotel through "Wired Destinations". Their on-line site map directed me to the Thipurai City Hotel....which is where I thought I was supposed to be staying! Wrong! They sent me 10km across town to the Thipurai Beach Hotel. Once there, they said they had no rooms available for me although I had a prepaid voucher. They sent me to a 3rd Thipurai Beach Hotel which is 2 doors down. There they told me to come back after 1pm and I could get a room, but they never would answer my question about whether they had my reservation from Wired Destinations or not? I came back after 2pm & finally they gave me a room on the 4th floor in an older building (annex?) with no elevator service, and I have a heart condition! The room had a faulty A/C unit, the TV was inoperable, and there was no hot water available at the sink for shaving! The second day I asked to be moved to a room on a lower floor because of my bad heart, and they told me they had no other rooms available, but if I paid them an additional 1,000baht (500baht per night) they could find me a room in the 2nd (Newer) Thipurai Hotel which had an elevator. This was classic bait & switch tactics, plus I was at their mercy because of my bad heart! The staff at this establishment is totally unfriendly and some of the most unhappy people I have ever encountered in the Land of Smiles! Also, if you didn't get down to the breakfast buffet before 9am, then it was mightly slim pickings! Nothing on the buffet ever seemed to get replenished, and I like to sleep as late as possible while I am on holiday. The only good thing I can say about this place is that it is roughly a 5 to 10 minute walk from the beach. So if you are not into unfriendly/unhappy/unresponsive hotel staff, poorly maintained rooms, slim pickens at the breakfast buffet, & no elevator service, then I suggest you learn from my horrible experience and avoid this place like the plague! I would have left the 1st day, but since my reservation was prepaid, I knew I would have little chance of receiving a refund....Wired Destinations even refused to refund the additional 1,000baht I was charged just to have a room on a lower floor! They said I had originally booked the "annex" which I guess is the same thing as the prison like room I received on the 4th floor! Also,keep in mind that I have waited almost 2 months to cool down before I could even write a review of this hotel without all the colorful expletives it so deserves!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JoeMamaKnowsBest
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 1 October 2007

We arrived by bus into Hua Hin with the address of another guesthouse in hand. A little old man approached us offering taxi service, but when I showed him the address of the guesthouse we were trying to get to, he insisted, "No beach. No beach guesthouse." I took it to mean the guesthouse was not on the beach. He offered to take us to a guesthouse he knew about. He even had a flyer with their information. My husband and I were skeptical. We figured it was a clever way of getting business for what was perhaps an overlypriced sleazy little hotel.

Boy, were we wrong!! We arrived at the Thipurai Hotel. It looked like the best hotel on the little street. Expecting a ridiculous quote, we were surprised when we were quoted 1300 Baht and that included breakfast (approx. $40USD). Still, we asked to see the room.

The room was spacious, simple and clean, with a nice clean bathroom and each room had its own little balcony with a table and chairs. Although it did not have a view (our view was the building next door) we were thrilled with the room. We booked it right away.

The hotel is located just five minutes from the beach (two minutes if you fast walk!) and in a small street full of restaurants and internet cafe's, and of course the massage parlors. The location was excellent! And the staff...oh, they were absolutely wonderful! Although their English was minimum, they tried their best to answer all of our questions. Oh, and lets not forget the breakfast! It had a vegetables, fruit, eggs (omelette and scrambled), rice, ham, sausage, juices, the most delicious potatoes, coffee, tea...so much for the free breakfast! They also have their own massage parlor which is right across the street (very small street so only about ten steps away!)

I HIGHLY recommend this guesthouse. My husband and I were delighted. When we plan another trip to Hua Hin, we will be staying at the Thipurai Guesthouse, hands down!!! The only thing we want to advise people planning to stay here: If you need transportation back to the Bangkok airport from Hua Hin, the Thipurai charges 2800 Baht (approx. $90 USD) for the Taxi. If you go down to the OK Restaurant and Hotel just a few feet down from the Thipurai, you can get the same taxi for 1700 Baht ($56 USD). We inquired with different places about transportation, as well as with individual taxi drivers, and the OK Restaurant and Hotel had the best rate.

Good luck to all of you travelling to Hua Hin. We had a lot of fun!
(We apologize for lack of pictures but I accidentally deleted all my pictures from our digital camera. I am sooo bummed! )

• Liked — Delicious free breakfast and GREAT location! And WONDERFUL staff!!!
  • Disliked — The pool is down the street, not attached to the building.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank charms2269