“A great days fishing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
Crewe, United Kingdom
“A great days fishing”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Had a real great days fishing at hua hin fishing lodge caught some lovely fish , Mekong catfish , siemise carp had some great food the guide was a great person , all in all a good day . I've uploaded a few pictures also I forgot to mention the owner was a great guy made the time to come and talk to me and my family

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Steven P
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you Steven, your review and feedback is much appreciated - glad you enjoyed your visit to us.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

In Thailand at the minute, went fishing at the Hua Hin fishing lodge which I got the hotel to book for me, I got collected and brought back to the hotel which is about a half hour away in cha am. the people at the lodge were very helpful and friendly. Neither my wife nor I are experienced fishers, but we really enjoyed our full day fishing. We caught many different nice sizes of fish and at the end of the day this was topped of by landing a 50 pound aluprima ( which our guide hooked and let me land!) biggest fish I've ever landed was about 2 pound! Food was beautiful and plentiful, fish seemed to be kept in good condition and generally the 2ponds and surroundings were lovely. We were privalidged to witness 4 new aluprima being added to the water on that day and hope to return when they are bigger to try to catch one! Overall would reccomend this place to anyone whether you have fished before or not! Great day out

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hi Peter. Many thanks for your very kind review. Good to see that you enjoyed your day with us and we really appreciate it when we can get feedback from customers. Methinks the fish that you have referred to as Aluprima are in fact Arapaima - but not to worry, many folk do not get the chance to see or catch one, let alone spell them! So we're pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you saw the new stock going into the ponds. We hope that you can make it back to us again to hopefully do some more exotic fishing.
nr blackpool
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We went from Bangkok to the fishery which is a long way away, but what a fun, amazing day it was, Claire and I had 15 fish, lost a few more, had a fabulous local lad to help, and laughed all day, and we still talk about it to this day,, try it, experienced or not, it's probably going to be an experience you'll remember forever

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you for your splendid review Terry. I'm delighted that we can add to your good holiday memories - I have put your comments on to our webpage with the nice photo of the Chao Praya Catfish.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a day at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Conveniently located, the Lodge is an attractive place to spend a sunny day relaxing and fishing but is by no means exclusive to the experience angler as we rarely fish but still managed to land six decent sized fish (having lost several more. The guides are very helpful and friendly and are also good fun.

The Lodge has a wide selection of food and drink available -ice cold beer and the best cup of tea I have found in Asia so far. All very reasonably priced (as is the fishing).

Unfortunately we left our visit until the last day of our trip although if we had time we would have come back. Will visit again for certain.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thanks for your comments SJJL - very much appreciate your time taken for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the visit - and the tea! Hope you get back soon.
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I generally fish everywhere I go and the thought of fishing in a man made pond had me feeling a little dubious at first. All that changed when I got there and started fishing. It's quite a nice relaxing atmosphere with plenty of beer, drinks and food. The people are very nice and the guides are very friendly and helpful. I caught some great fish here and was so happy by the experience that I went back for a second time before heading home. It was great to catch species that you don't normally get the chance to target and there is some quite large fish there to be caught. I found it quite enjoyable and could imagine that kids would have an absolute ball if you were to go as a family.

Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Verivas
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Verivas - Thank you for your very encouraging review and the time taken to write. You have expressed exactly what we are aiming to provide - it's good to know that we achieved it.
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Had a day package for 1 (female) and 1 non-fishing male, including all equipment, transport from hotels, fishing guide, meals and drinks. Worth getting package, as taxis so dear in Hua Hin. Fishing slow but regular, and good number of fish of reasonably sized fish throughout the day. Guides great, and with their guidance partner outfished the solo fishermen around her. No monsters, but still good fish and worth the anticipation.
Bungsamran Bangkok for the monster fish on our visit.

Room Tip: Get a day ticket if only one fishing, otherwise haggle a taxi price the day before in Hua Hin
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter W
Thank you very much for your kind review. Your comment - "Get a day ticket if only one fishing, otherwise haggle a taxi price the day before in Hua Hin" - is accepted.
However - if you calculate what is included in our all inclusive day package, you will see that it is extremely good value for money - two fully baited rods on any pond, services of a baitman, transport both ways, freeflow soft drinks, water, tea and coffee and a choice of lunch from the menu + fruit platter.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Mom and daughter fishing team! We were the only girls out fishing on this particular day and my 15 year old daughter was on a hot streak! She waited 5 hour before hooking her first fish then it went crazy and she hauled in 6 fish; last one was a "river monster" Mekong catfish. She was exhausted from fighting it so I took over. Yeah! great fun catch and release fishing. Cheapest rates for fishing I could find. Staff put your bait on for you and take the hook out as well. We stayed overnight 2 evenings as well and it was very clean and comfortable. Would go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
"Girls just want to have fun" - and why not? Very pleased you enjoyed yourselves and the accommodation.Thanks for taking the time to provide this positive feedback.