Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
US$179
Hotels.com
G.House(Hua Hin)
US$26
Marrakesh Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$135
Agoda.com
Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$95
Amari.com
Long Beach Inn(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$52
US$46
US$31
Agoda.com
All reviewsalligator garcatfishdays fishingred tailgreat fishingdifferent speciesbiggest fishcaught fishsized fishthai dishesrodspacucarpbaitfishedanglerskg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent day being picked up and dropped off a bonus !
Had a good day fishing here with lots of fish to catch.
Lunch was excellent and plenty of drinks throughout the day.
Good helper provided by the lodge.
Excellent fishing in lovely surroundings.
Recommended !

Room Tip: Good day out!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ashbradz
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thanks for the recommendation ashbradz, glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the time to review us - much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Wow, found this place by accident on the internet and now...............I'm hooked!!! Great people friendly environment and of course great fishing. It is only about 30 min ride from down town Hua Hin. The lodge also serves very nice food. Fun for whole family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Glad you found us rksamuri, delighted that you enjoyed yourself and very pleased that you took time to review us. Thank you

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had three days here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The lakes are surrounded by shady trees and attractive to look at. The fish are big and in excellent condition, none of the ones I caught had a mark on them. One concern I had, not having fished a venue like this before was that it would be too "easy" - not so. We caught lots of fish each day, but as in a natural lake there were times when they were biting freely and others when it was a bit quieter. My biggest fish was a Siamese Carp of nearly 41Lb, my favourite was a beautiful Juliens Carp, one of the best looking fish I have seen, and we caught lots of other Carp, Rohu, Pacu and Catfish. I enjoyed the carp so much I didn't get around to trying for an Arapima, but saw several caught by other anglers. The guides were friendly and efficient, baiting, unhooking and giving advice. My other concern was that my wife would get bored and I was prepared to go into town for part of the day, but again not a problem, good WiFi meant she was quite happy in the shade with her tablet and a cold drink and joining in with the fishing from time to time. The staff were also all very friendly which helped. The food in the restaurant was very good, proper Thai. Also The Full English Breakfast - something that we would normally avoid like the plague in Thailand, but having had a good few beers the night before and a long day travelling ahead it seemed like the thing to go for and it was very good indeed, you would not find better bacon or sausage anywhere. The rooms were good, clean and comfortable. In short, a fun and very relaxing few days. We will return next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JerrySom
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thanks for the review JerySom – glad you appreciate good fishing and not just ‘catching’. It’s why our fish are in such good condition as they do not suffer from overstocking, whilst still being plentiful enough to provide a day’s fun. The Julien’s Carp are some of our prize possessions, being a critically endangered species according to the WWF – it’s good that we can keep them for folks to see. We added the Wi-Fi a year or so back – it makes for providing a pastime for those not fishing. Glad you liked the food and sampled the Full English Breakfast – one of the joys we can offer to compliment the accommodation. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have been going to Hua Hin Fishing Lodge for several years and went twice during our recent holiday. The venue is especially clean and well maintained, the fish stocks varied and well kept and the guides there know their jobs.

On my 2 recent visits I caught Pacu, Stripey Catfish, Siamese Carp, Red Tailed Catfish and what I went for ... an Alligator Gar.

Like other reviewers, I went on the 3500 baht day package which includes 2 rods, bait, soft drinks, lunch, guides and return transport. There's no guarantee that you will catch but that's fishing for you and the surroundings are relaxing and the food delicious. The ladies there even offer massage now should your non-fishing partner like one.

Room Tip: Rooms are available although we have not tried these
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello Angie and thank you for your kind review. It's good to see customers returning every year - we must be getting it right. We try very hard to maintain our standards and it's nice to know that this is appreciated. I know that you and your partner have already experienced an Arapaima, so I'm not surprised that you targeted Alligator Gar on this occasion. Well done and thanks again

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Booking was easy via the website, me and my wife were promptly picked up from our hotel at 0830 and taken to the lodge by Terry the owner. Once there we had opted for the day package which included our lunch, non stop drinks, fishing bait, two rods our guide and hotel pickup and return.

All of the Thai staff here are very polite and helpful and our fishing guide was absolutely outstanding - helping me to bag the fish of a lifetime!

The morning started off brilliantly with the person next to me bringing in two Arapaima's and myself landing three Giant Mekong Catfish ranging between 20 - 25lb. After a tasty lunch we were back to fishing for a bit of a slow afternoon (as with most fishing), but as the day cooled and the fish switched on I hooked and landed a smaller nuisance fish which I was happy for my guide to take for dinner, then a 36lb Giant Siamese Carp and my own 70lb Arapaima!
Overall this was one of the best days fishing I've ever had for 3500 baht and my wife even enjoyed coming along for the day for 500 baht (non fishing cost).
Thank you very much to all the staff here for such fantastic day (pics to follow).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for your review - very much appreciated. I was a little concerned when the guy next to you caught 2 Arapaima within an hour or so after arrival - especially as you had told me that catching one was hopefully to be the highlight of your trip. Then another was caught by a different customer and frankly I thought that your chances were getting very low - as 3 in a day is not very common. Then - after getting your good Siamese Carp, you surprise everyone and get your Arapaima! Well done! I'm very pleased that you and your good lady enjoyed the visit.............