“Excellent day of fishing. Good food. Competent staff.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great day of fishing at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge.

I brought my girlfriend and my parents to the lodge. Before arriving to the place I was the only one meant to fish and my parents and girlfriend where just tagging along. When we got there the ponds looked so nice, that my girlfriend decided to rent fishing tackle as well, even though she is not into fishing.

We where received by kind and helpful staff, and our personal fishing guide was in particular on his toes. He baited the rods when necessary and helped with the fishing if needed. On the other hand he did not interfere if he could see, that we didn't need help. It was perfect.

The fishing was great. We caught Giant Siamese Carp weighing 15 and 19 kg, several catfish and Pacu's in considerable sizes. It was action packed when ever the hook was in the water.

Further more the lodge has a great restaurant serving nice food and all kind of drinks served in the restaurant or brought to your own little shelter at the ponds.

All in all we had a great experience at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge. Even my parents, who where not fishing, enjoyed themselves very much. If I'm ever in the area again, I will surely pay the place a visit again!

Kindest. Regards Jakob.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jakob S
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Jacob - thank you for your kind review and very positive feedback. We appreciate the time taken for you to do this - many thanks

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Having just returned home I felt compelled to write this review I would highly recommend that any fisherman visiting this area of Thailand spend a perfect day at the hua hin fishing lodge having fished here with my son last year I was determined to visit again this year and intend for this to be my annual treat being a course fisherman mainly targeting silver fish the fishing lodge has allowed me to enjoy catching big fish. Having caught 15 double figured fish I ended the day with achieving my personal best spending 45 mins playing and finally landing a 25 kilo Mekong catfish Wow what excitement all the staff we're wonderful food and venue superb. Thanks Terry and staff see you all again next year. Tony from Gatwick England.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank margerydawes_11
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you Tony, for your very positive and welcome review which is of course very much appreciated. We have around 20 or so of the Giant Mekong Catfish between 15 and 25kg in the top pond. These compliment the other 20 or so between 35 and 62 kg in the bottom pond. These fish - being a critically endangered species in the wild - are amongst our prize possessions and it's good to see them now and again - well done.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Booked the full day package. Was collected from my hotel spot on time, got a nice welcome when I arrived. Kitted out with my helper, given my Happy Box of cold drinks and settled in for a great day. I was concerned that the fish might be a bit easy to catch, they were not. Had about 10 in the full day including a large Carp , all in superb condition. Lunch was great , could not eat it all. Every body had a smile on their face and could not have been more helpful. Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike F
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review Mike, glad you enjoyed your day.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent day being picked up and dropped off a bonus !
Had a good day fishing here with lots of fish to catch.
Lunch was excellent and plenty of drinks throughout the day.
Good helper provided by the lodge.
Excellent fishing in lovely surroundings.
Recommended !

Room Tip: Good day out!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ashbradz
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thanks for the recommendation ashbradz, glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for taking the time to review us - much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Wow, found this place by accident on the internet and now...............I'm hooked!!! Great people friendly environment and of course great fishing. It is only about 30 min ride from down town Hua Hin. The lodge also serves very nice food. Fun for whole family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Glad you found us rksamuri, delighted that you enjoyed yourself and very pleased that you took time to review us. Thank you

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had three days here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The lakes are surrounded by shady trees and attractive to look at. The fish are big and in excellent condition, none of the ones I caught had a mark on them. One concern I had, not having fished a venue like this before was that it would be too "easy" - not so. We caught lots of fish each day, but as in a natural lake there were times when they were biting freely and others when it was a bit quieter. My biggest fish was a Siamese Carp of nearly 41Lb, my favourite was a beautiful Juliens Carp, one of the best looking fish I have seen, and we caught lots of other Carp, Rohu, Pacu and Catfish. I enjoyed the carp so much I didn't get around to trying for an Arapima, but saw several caught by other anglers. The guides were friendly and efficient, baiting, unhooking and giving advice. My other concern was that my wife would get bored and I was prepared to go into town for part of the day, but again not a problem, good WiFi meant she was quite happy in the shade with her tablet and a cold drink and joining in with the fishing from time to time. The staff were also all very friendly which helped. The food in the restaurant was very good, proper Thai. Also The Full English Breakfast - something that we would normally avoid like the plague in Thailand, but having had a good few beers the night before and a long day travelling ahead it seemed like the thing to go for and it was very good indeed, you would not find better bacon or sausage anywhere. The rooms were good, clean and comfortable. In short, a fun and very relaxing few days. We will return next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JerrySom
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thanks for the review JerySom – glad you appreciate good fishing and not just ‘catching’. It’s why our fish are in such good condition as they do not suffer from overstocking, whilst still being plentiful enough to provide a day’s fun. The Julien’s Carp are some of our prize possessions, being a critically endangered species according to the WWF – it’s good that we can keep them for folks to see. We added the Wi-Fi a year or so back – it makes for providing a pastime for those not fishing. Glad you liked the food and sampled the Full English Breakfast – one of the joys we can offer to compliment the accommodation. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have been going to Hua Hin Fishing Lodge for several years and went twice during our recent holiday. The venue is especially clean and well maintained, the fish stocks varied and well kept and the guides there know their jobs.

On my 2 recent visits I caught Pacu, Stripey Catfish, Siamese Carp, Red Tailed Catfish and what I went for ... an Alligator Gar.

Like other reviewers, I went on the 3500 baht day package which includes 2 rods, bait, soft drinks, lunch, guides and return transport. There's no guarantee that you will catch but that's fishing for you and the surroundings are relaxing and the food delicious. The ladies there even offer massage now should your non-fishing partner like one.

Room Tip: Rooms are available although we have not tried these
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello Angie and thank you for your kind review. It's good to see customers returning every year - we must be getting it right. We try very hard to maintain our standards and it's nice to know that this is appreciated. I know that you and your partner have already experienced an Arapaima, so I'm not surprised that you targeted Alligator Gar on this occasion. Well done and thanks again