“Fishing Hua Hin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
Mandurah, Australia
“Fishing Hua Hin”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Cant rate this place highly enough, Fantastic!

Took my 2 young boys myself and my wife for a day fishing this lodge and it was definitely the highlight of my and my boys trip. My wife didn't fish, she prefered to sit under the bungalow taking photo's as we hauled in fish all day.
We took the executive package, 2 rods each, lunch and transfers and a personal guide all day and it was worth every cent.
Picked up on time and driven to this oasis in Hua Hin. Our guide asked what I wanted to target on the trip out to the lodge and I told him that I wanted an Arapiama foremost and that Alligator gar was also high on the list. My wife wanted to see a Pacu due to them being related to the pirana and he produced in spades. His knowledge of the lakes was the difference on the day and we managed the triple header, an experience that will never be forgotton.
The service and attention that we received that day will be repeated by me to every one who will listen for years to come. We did the day package but I would love to have a line in these ponds after dark!
Make this the top of your to do list.

Only advice I can give the place would be to list it under "Things to do in Hua Hin" and not as a Hotel listing as we only found it through a Google search and not on the trip advisor site.

AAA+++

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Silatmanp
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give your very positive review “Silatmanp”. Good to note that we met your expectations and that the fish performed well on the day - providing the highlight of your boy’s trip. Also it’s nice to be referred to as an ‘oasis’ in Hua Hin and your recommendation is very much appreciated.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Horsens, Denmark
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We accompanied our son and daughter-in-law who were the fishermen. This little outing was among the best experiences during our trip to Thailand.
They caught several very big Siamese carps, a few catfish and a few catues.
The staff and surroundings were top quality.
Last but not least the food in the restaurant was very good and not expensive at all.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you Bastian for your kind review, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing day and your comments are much appreciated.
Horsens, Denmark
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great day of fishing at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge.

I brought my girlfriend and my parents to the lodge. Before arriving to the place I was the only one meant to fish and my parents and girlfriend where just tagging along. When we got there the ponds looked so nice, that my girlfriend decided to rent fishing tackle as well, even though she is not into fishing.

We where received by kind and helpful staff, and our personal fishing guide was in particular on his toes. He baited the rods when necessary and helped with the fishing if needed. On the other hand he did not interfere if he could see, that we didn't need help. It was perfect.

The fishing was great. We caught Giant Siamese Carp weighing 15 and 19 kg, several catfish and Pacu's in considerable sizes. It was action packed when ever the hook was in the water.

Further more the lodge has a great restaurant serving nice food and all kind of drinks served in the restaurant or brought to your own little shelter at the ponds.

All in all we had a great experience at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge. Even my parents, who where not fishing, enjoyed themselves very much. If I'm ever in the area again, I will surely pay the place a visit again!

Kindest. Regards Jakob.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jakob S
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Jacob - thank you for your kind review and very positive feedback. We appreciate the time taken for you to do this - many thanks
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Having just returned home I felt compelled to write this review I would highly recommend that any fisherman visiting this area of Thailand spend a perfect day at the hua hin fishing lodge having fished here with my son last year I was determined to visit again this year and intend for this to be my annual treat being a course fisherman mainly targeting silver fish the fishing lodge has allowed me to enjoy catching big fish. Having caught 15 double figured fish I ended the day with achieving my personal best spending 45 mins playing and finally landing a 25 kilo Mekong catfish Wow what excitement all the staff we're wonderful food and venue superb. Thanks Terry and staff see you all again next year. Tony from Gatwick England.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank margerydawes_11
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you Tony, for your very positive and welcome review which is of course very much appreciated. We have around 20 or so of the Giant Mekong Catfish between 15 and 25kg in the top pond. These compliment the other 20 or so between 35 and 62 kg in the bottom pond. These fish - being a critically endangered species in the wild - are amongst our prize possessions and it's good to see them now and again - well done.
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Booked the full day package. Was collected from my hotel spot on time, got a nice welcome when I arrived. Kitted out with my helper, given my Happy Box of cold drinks and settled in for a great day. I was concerned that the fish might be a bit easy to catch, they were not. Had about 10 in the full day including a large Carp , all in superb condition. Lunch was great , could not eat it all. Every body had a smile on their face and could not have been more helpful. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike F
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review Mike, glad you enjoyed your day.
worcestershire
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent day being picked up and dropped off a bonus !
Had a good day fishing here with lots of fish to catch.
Lunch was excellent and plenty of drinks throughout the day.
Good helper provided by the lodge.
Excellent fishing in lovely surroundings.
Recommended !

Room Tip: Good day out!