“Enjoyable Day for all”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hua Hin
Hua Hin Fishing Lodge
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My daughter and I accompanied my husband on a day trip with some friends that we met on holiday. The staff there looked after us all brilliantly. It was lovely to see my husband enjoying his favourite pastime. The most fish were caught early doors or late evening. I even had a go! My daughter was happy as free wi-if! The food was delicious! We had a lovely day, made better with the company of Steve and Geraldine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you Leicester 152 for your review. Good to see that all of your party had an enjoyable day and that we could make it a success for you.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Although the fish aren't as big as some venues , Hua Hin fishing lodge is by no means any less fun ! The grounds are immaculate the staff very friendly & helpful . The food was above average at a reasonable price , my wife & family all enjoyed the food so it must be good !! I can not recommend enough wether you are a novice or seasoned fisher , all in all a very enjoyable day at a very reasonable price so happy all round ;)

Stayed: April 2014
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Perranromer - thank you for this review - much appreciated - you have summed up what we are constantly trying to achieve.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I dropped for take a look cus i love to fishing. Staffs friendly but seem like they are more like to treat Foreigner guests more than Thais guests. Food are ok but a bit expensive if you compare with quality and place. Very quiet place and good for concentrate to fishing but bored.

Room Tip: A bit far from city
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Than you for your review Asianaro, You must have met our staff on a bad day or it may have been very busy, . We also very rarely, get any adverse comments re the price and quality of our food. Anyway I will check out your concerns and they will be addressed where necessary,
Thank you for your comments about the good and peaceful fishing - much appeciated.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Cant rate this place highly enough, Fantastic!

Took my 2 young boys myself and my wife for a day fishing this lodge and it was definitely the highlight of my and my boys trip. My wife didn't fish, she prefered to sit under the bungalow taking photo's as we hauled in fish all day.
We took the executive package, 2 rods each, lunch and transfers and a personal guide all day and it was worth every cent.
Picked up on time and driven to this oasis in Hua Hin. Our guide asked what I wanted to target on the trip out to the lodge and I told him that I wanted an Arapiama foremost and that Alligator gar was also high on the list. My wife wanted to see a Pacu due to them being related to the pirana and he produced in spades. His knowledge of the lakes was the difference on the day and we managed the triple header, an experience that will never be forgotton.
The service and attention that we received that day will be repeated by me to every one who will listen for years to come. We did the day package but I would love to have a line in these ponds after dark!
Make this the top of your to do list.

Only advice I can give the place would be to list it under "Things to do in Hua Hin" and not as a Hotel listing as we only found it through a Google search and not on the trip advisor site.

AAA+++

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Silatmanp
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your very positive review “Silatmanp”. Good to note that we met your expectations and that the fish performed well on the day - providing the highlight of your boy’s trip. Also it’s nice to be referred to as an ‘oasis’ in Hua Hin and your recommendation is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We accompanied our son and daughter-in-law who were the fishermen. This little outing was among the best experiences during our trip to Thailand.
They caught several very big Siamese carps, a few catfish and a few catues.
The staff and surroundings were top quality.
Last but not least the food in the restaurant was very good and not expensive at all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you Bastian for your kind review, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing day and your comments are much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great day of fishing at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge.

I brought my girlfriend and my parents to the lodge. Before arriving to the place I was the only one meant to fish and my parents and girlfriend where just tagging along. When we got there the ponds looked so nice, that my girlfriend decided to rent fishing tackle as well, even though she is not into fishing.

We where received by kind and helpful staff, and our personal fishing guide was in particular on his toes. He baited the rods when necessary and helped with the fishing if needed. On the other hand he did not interfere if he could see, that we didn't need help. It was perfect.

The fishing was great. We caught Giant Siamese Carp weighing 15 and 19 kg, several catfish and Pacu's in considerable sizes. It was action packed when ever the hook was in the water.

Further more the lodge has a great restaurant serving nice food and all kind of drinks served in the restaurant or brought to your own little shelter at the ponds.

All in all we had a great experience at the Hua Hin Fishing Lodge. Even my parents, who where not fishing, enjoyed themselves very much. If I'm ever in the area again, I will surely pay the place a visit again!

Kindest. Regards Jakob.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jakob S
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Jacob - thank you for your kind review and very positive feedback. We appreciate the time taken for you to do this - many thanks

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Having just returned home I felt compelled to write this review I would highly recommend that any fisherman visiting this area of Thailand spend a perfect day at the hua hin fishing lodge having fished here with my son last year I was determined to visit again this year and intend for this to be my annual treat being a course fisherman mainly targeting silver fish the fishing lodge has allowed me to enjoy catching big fish. Having caught 15 double figured fish I ended the day with achieving my personal best spending 45 mins playing and finally landing a 25 kilo Mekong catfish Wow what excitement all the staff we're wonderful food and venue superb. Thanks Terry and staff see you all again next year. Tony from Gatwick England.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank margerydawes_11
Pla-Alai, Owner at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you Tony, for your very positive and welcome review which is of course very much appreciated. We have around 20 or so of the Giant Mekong Catfish between 15 and 25kg in the top pond. These compliment the other 20 or so between 35 and 62 kg in the bottom pond. These fish - being a critically endangered species in the wild - are amongst our prize possessions and it's good to see them now and again - well done.