“Don't order the wontons”
Review of Tai-Thai

Tai-Thai
Ranked #83 of 184 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: European, Thai
Description: Thai-Isan-European food opened more than 10 years fresh coffee, fresh fruit juice or shake, cocktail, beer, wine, whisky good food, good taste,real Thai food, cheap price, clean, good service. open daily
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We ordered pork with chilli paste and a massman curry which were both delicious. We also ordered the wontons with minced pork which were a massive disappointment. There was hardly any pork at all so was mainly just hard, crispy bits. The service was very friendly however the food was served a bit haphazardly with different tables all being served at the same time which led to some diners finishing their meal way before their fellow diners received theirs.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stopped for a quick snack before heading back to Bangkok. Food was ok nothing special but edible. Would only recommend for a quick lunch time bite.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

My boyfriend and I only one meal here, and we ordered a coconut chicken curry soup, fried fish cakes and pineapple fried rice and I was just blown away by how tasty the pineapple fried rice was. I would go back there time and time again just to have that.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had a couple of meals here during my recent stay in Kanchanaburi. The food was very good with generous portions, and the beer was cold. This, like many of the restaurants along the river road, is an open air restaurant, and as I was there during the hot season, the restaurant itself could be pretty hot, with only a few fans to cool things down. Still, the staff pointed three fans in my direction, as the restaurant was not too busy at the time, so it was comfortable. I should also mention that the prices were very reasonable as well.

1  Thank LosBound2014
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

I spent one night in Kanchanaburi and ate both lunch and dinner here. There is so much to choose from on the menu and my lunch was so good I went back in the evening to try other items. Lunch was mixed meat spicy salad - lovely and spicy and seafood too. Great curry too. In the evening I had the Ruby Fish with herbs and spicy. It was amazing. Huge and tasty and only 180 Baht. I had a portion of noodles with it - delicious and garlicky. Nice cold beers too. Waitress/ Manageress is very attentive. Her young son helped her in the evening - he'd spent all lunchtime soaking passers by with a hose pipe as it was Song Kran Festival. Don't bother looking elsewhere - this place is great.