“Very Good Only if Staying at U Inchantree Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Peppers
Ranked #18 of 171 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Peppers Restaurant Kanchanaburi
Udon Thani
“Very Good Only if Staying at U Inchantree Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant is part of U Inchantree Hotel. For when being a guest there I would rate this restaurant higher. The reason I give it only 3 out of 5 stars, is because the pricing is higher and portion sizes smaller than standard in this area. If needing to travel for food in my strong opinion head to Mae Nam Kwai Road where there are many restaurants with excellent food and great prices. For this immediate area Peppers is an okay option and for guests of the hotel it is connected to it is a very good one.

The concerns about portion sizes and pricing do not apply for U Inchantree Hotel guest eating breakfast. This is because all rooms include breakfast in the rate, and in addition to your breakfast order there is a small buffet with unlimited fresh fruit, pancakes, French toast and a few other items too. For the ordering part there are many options. The Spanish style omelet is delicious. But there is also regular eggs, the option to order Asian food like noodle based dishes, as well as several others. The ones that come with potatoes, for those it is just a very tiny small side, but these are great. Many also come with ham and sausage and this is completely quality western-style, compared to what you’ll find in most Thai hotels for breakfast.

As for being a guest and eating other meals here. Well the pricing and the menu is the exact same whether sitting in the restaurant or getting room service. There is no extra fees involved for having it delivered to room. The atmosphere is also very nice, and it is convenient not needing to leave the hotel property.

Peppers is located right on U Inchantree Hotel property and shares the same staff as the hotel. It is in the corner right next to the swimming pool, which is right near with great views of River Kwai. As the property is near the famous bridge / deathrailway, you can hear loud Isaan music during certain hours coming from the Floating Restaurant on the other side of the river. From here it is still loud but because are a distance away it is more pleasant. You can also sometimes see tour boats passing by. There is both indoor and outdoor seating, but because the outdoor has an interesting view, this is my preference.

Again, I rate this a 3 out of 5 because it is in the restaurant category, not the hotel category, on TripAdvisor. Those travelling out for food can do better price, portion and similar high quality good. For guests at the hotel, I add a solid additional point on the rating as there is no need to travel to get to it, and you’re paying room service type prices for a meal. And, again, a very good breakfast is available here that is included in the room rates.

A couple other pluses to mention. This restaurant is open late (Published time I believe is 11:30PM though did notice them looking like they were ready to close up a little after 10PM) and opens early (I believe 6AM?). Also the staff at U Inchantree Hotel (which Peppers is part of) are excellent across the board.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We had two breakfasts and one evening meal here, very attentive service from the friendly staff. A good range of choice for breakfasts and well presented. Our evening meal we also very good, no complaints on anything, just perfect!

Visited April 2014
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“A nice meal in a lovely location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our family (3 children and 2 adults) dined on a Saturday evening. My husband enjoyed Pad Kaprow which he really loved as it was nice and spicy (so much of the Thai food we've had seems bland). Both my hubby and I had the mixed satay skewers as appetisers. The serves were quite large with nine skewers each. I had the Massaman Curry which was nice, but I will say I have eaten better back in Australia.
The kids meals were nice. Two kids had burgers and another had chicken breast and vegetables which were great ( I ate half of them so can testify to that personally). Service was warm and friendly - the meal came to just under THB 3,000 including 2 glasses of wine, 2 beers and soft drinks. We did not have dessert as it was late and we wanted to get the children into bed.

Visited January 2014
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Beautiful spot for an excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I are staying at the U Inchantree and have just had our second dinner at Peppers. Not because it is easy to get to but because the quality, service and food are all top notch.

Both times we had fish dishes and each time we were more than satisfied with the delicious flavouring, lovely presentation and top quality dishes. The waitress asked if I wanted my steamed seabass spicy and followed through in delivering a mouth-tingling portion of succulent fish, not at all diminished by the spices that surrounded it.

It goes without saying that the view and ambiance are gorgeous -- overlooking the river in a spot gently illuminated by hanging lanterns and candles and surrounded by the gentle breezes of the evening.

We're here for another two days. Chances are we'll be dining here again. Our only regret is that we were the only customers on a Friday night. A place like this deserves to be full every night.

• Visited September 2013
“Bellow average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Whilst staying at Uinchantree I visited Peppers reastaurant. The service was good however the food was not. My boyfriend ordered spicy chicken soup with coconut milk. It arrived as a clear soup which clearly did not contain coconut. Pictures are given as examples on the menu and the soup was red in this picture. Upon questioning the clear soup my boyfriend was re presented with the same soup with coconut milk poured on top. The soup tasted simply of coconut milk and still was not red as described. My starter of satay with assorted meat was very good. Our main courses of Thai green curry and massaman curry were very disappointing. Both sauces were so watery the nothing stuck to the meat or rice it simply swam in the plate. Neither were particularly tasty and coconut milk seemed to be the most prominent flavour. You would expect a restaurant that charges more than its competitors to be of a better standard. After complaining we were given 30% off and a fruit selection. I'm not sure if this would have happened if we were not guests of the hotel. There are far cheaper and better places to eat on the Kwai Road.

• Visited July 2013