“Fantastic good at cheap prices ”
Review of On's Thai Issan

On's Thai Issan
Ranked #1 of 229 Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Thai and Issan Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant & Cooking School in Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

This little restaurant doesn't look much from the outside, and is small with only a few tables - but it is well worth a visit.

The staff are friendly and smily, and the food is just delicious. We each had a curry (I had the Panang curry) and they were both delicious. It was a real treat to find so many vegetarian choices (it's a veggie restaurant) and my boyfriend who is not vegetarian liked it just as much.

I think mains cost around 60 baht - very competitive prices. Well worth a visit!

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (968)

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

This place is great.

The food is really nice, at 60Baht a dish (I think it was) you can't go wrong!

The staff are really friendly and I would definitely eat here again if for some unfortunate reason I found myself in Kanchanaburi again.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

You look at the place and it is a tiny basic shop, with a cooking station outside and four tables inside, one of each is used as a storage space; naturally you wouldn't think much of it. But as soon as you get the first spoon the whole story changes and you are completely lost between the shockingly amazing flavors caressing your taste buds and the disbelieve that this actually happen.
We spent few days near the Hellfire Pass last February and made sure all our trips to and around Kanchanaburi town revolved around having a meal at On's Thai Issan.
No doubt, it serves the best Thai food we have had in 15 months of living in Thailand and no doubt we will return to the place over and again.
Moreover, the value for money is extraordinary. There was four of us every time we had lunch there, we ordered a massive amount of dishes between us and the bill never reached a 100 Baht.
The place is unlicensed but the owner doesn't mind bringing your own and there is now corkage fee.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

My favourite restaurant in Kanchanaburi, newly discovered and highly recommended by a friend. I'm so glad I came here.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

I have been travelling through Thailand for 3 weeks now and have really enjoyed the food, but this is definitely the best food I have had. We went for dinner last night and it was so good we went again tonight. Our friends all ordered dishes to share and lived everything. Our favourites were the banana flower salad, massaman curry, panang curry, and pad Thai. So amazing!!! The service is great as well. We wished that we had time to do the cooking course that includes copies of recipes you can take home. When we told the owner she said we could purchase the recipes and she even threw in a few additional ones for free. I was so impressed!