“Nice pool”

Pong Phen Guesthouse and Bungalows
Ranked #8 of 114 Kanchanaburi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was ok. Nothing special or writing home about. The pool was great but the staff at the restaurant weren't very attentive. I'd recommend eating elsewhere, I did. But as for the room I stayed in the air con worked, it was a decent size, it had a comfy bed so it was a good value for a mere 500 baht a night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I found this place by chance and was impressed with the value if affored. Mine was one of the cheaper rooms but was clean and comfortable. The pool area was a haven of peace with great river views and the meals available were well priced and tasty. For my $21.00 I was more than happy. Had I been sharing a room I would have tried to get one of the bungalows but as a single the room I was allocated was fine. I was lucky to get a room as it is often full so book in advance.

Room Tip: If you are willing to pay a bit extra the river view rooms would be best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon Pong Phen by accident & expected the price to be a lot higher than we paid! We literally thought we were in heaven after some backpackers/b and bs we had been to! The pool was a massive bonus as was the free wifi and aircon! We wanted to stay longer but unfortunately they were full :(
Definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights in the family room. Excellent value with great air con and fridge. The staff were very accommodating, putting an extra bed in the room at minimal cost. Food is a fair price for what they offer, though there are much cheaper options if you are after good genuine Thai food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

stayed at pong phen several times and it is truly value for money the only thing I would say is there seems to be a lot of chlorine in the swimming pool and have never seen the levels checked which can be dangerous to the eyes also we had some money go missing from the room which was not reported due to no proof who took it this would not prevent me from staying again but would be a lot more vidulante which being a seasoned traveller should have been in the first place but have never had problems here before

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Just stopping off for one night, took an air con room for 400B. Room itself was a bit of a coffin and the air con unit didn't work as anything other than a fan. If I was staying longer I'd complain however I was up and out early the next day. Place has got a certain amount of character, can see why some would love it, me, I'd like to say it left me cold but it didn't, it left me far too damn warm!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2014

500 baht room, near pool, great bar, excellent restaurant, lovely pool. This place can't be beaten for the price. Scooter hire is available from the restaurant, you can arrange excursions, make sure you take in the waterfalls.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple