Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
US$12
View deal
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
StayForLong
All reviews air con the river train station guest house basic room thai food the main street minute walk ate here clean rooms raft guesthouse toilet baht motorbike bangkok bank
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2013

i have been coming to kanchanaburi for the past 10 years and stay in V.N guesthouse always...even though the location is about 10 minute slow walk from the nearest street.Once there,everything seems to be my type of travel.its a quiet and tranquil place with good view just by the river.there is a few room on the river itself.there is a dining place in the main lobby and they serve great food.you can do all the booking of tour and shuttle to other part of thailand from there.there is a laundry service too and its inexpensive.the staff is always friendly and willing to help.10 mins walk out to the nearest street and its all busy place with lots of bars and party in the evening...total contrast from where v.n is located. overall,its worth spending time and money there. and there is wi fi in the room!great place to just go slow and wind down.

Date of stay: January 2013
4  Thank ZacSingapore
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The experience was quite good. The service is very good for what you pay. The room is very clean. Location is nice. At sunset and night is beautiful to stay on the river. They helped me on many things at affordable prices.

1  Thank Ita_en_Mex
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed in one of the raft rooms (well, two actually since I extended my stay), and they were really clean, you get two bottles of drinking water, toilet paper and towels. And in answer to the last reviewer, if you want your room cleaned, just say so at the reception when leaving the hotel in the morning...
The major downside was the building works happening just next door, but I quickly got over it.
It's quite nice to feel the room tangle when a boat passes by. (it's a very gentle movement, and only when the boat is quite close to the room)
Everyone was nice and friendly, and the food was really good! The restaurant is a nice place to hang out at night, along with the hords of geckos making sure that there aren't any mosquitoes bothering you (and they sure did their job properly!)
I also rented a nice scooter for B200/24h, (with a helmet) which allowed me to explore the nice countryside and temples, on scooter-perfect roads :)
Highly recommended!

1  Thank Charleloose
Reviewed 29 December 2012

After browsing the internet and tripadvisor, I pre-booked this guesthouse for 7 nights over the Christmas period and was corresponding via emails to management. Replies to my questions were always very prompt. I was picked up from the railway station, compliments of the guesthouse. On arrival i was shown to my room, which was an airconditioned one, just behind the raft rooms. It was very basic but clean, with 2 single beds, aircondition,wall fan, bathroom with hot/warm shower and toilet, a small wardrobe (had seen better days), a towel rack & a night table. As i arrived late in the afternoon and not had lunch yet,i decided to try out their restaurant and was pleasantly surprised with the wide variety of the menu. While waiting i was enjoying the view of the River and the beautiful sunset. All the staff i found to be very helpful and friendly. Hiring of a bicylcle or motorbike can be made there. washing can be arranged for same day return. Although trips can be booked via Vn, i booked through a different agent as i went exploring the town next day. The walk to The Bridge is approximate 30 min.(2.5km) or you can take a rigshaw taxi or other mode of transport.
I found the food delicious and inexpensive. The price of the room at 400฿/night in high season was unbeatable and i was even given 1 night free
I enjoyed my stay there and would definite stay again as i still have more things to see.
I definite can recommend this guesthouse. It is a good base to explore the area.

2  Thank ozzieeg
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We had pre-booked this guesthouse due to the reviews on various sites and thought the idea of staying in a raft room on the river sounded quite pleasant! We couldn't have been more wrong!!!

On arrival, the staff at reception seemed almost reluctant to have to get up and show us to our room and didn't speak to us again throughout our 3 night stay. Our room was down a dark, dank corridor that I'm not sure had been cleaned since it was built!! Once in our room we quickly decided to ignore the Thai tradition of removing your shoes as the floor was sticky and again, didn't appear to have been cleaned...ever!!! (Certainly, whilst we were there, no-one made any attempt to enter the room to clean, make beds, replace toilet paper etc - not great when you are not supposed to flush paper down the toilet, our bin was near to overflowing by the time we left!!)

Aside from the nasty, sticky floor, the room was not great. The walls were painted in a drab brown colour, (probably hiding all kinds of dirt!) and the windows and doors did not fit at all well with gaps all round for the local wildlife to join you at any given moment. With this in mind, you would think there would have been hooks or something with which to rig up a mosquito net, (you are, after all, right on the river and they are rife!!), but alas, no!!! There was no way of closing the bathroom door from the outside so we had to lie in bed staring at the toilet - not my usual choice of view!!! The walls were paper thin and we heard absolutely everything from the rooms either side of us - and yes, I literally DO mean EVERYTHING!!! The whole point of us choosing this place was that we thought it would be rather nice to sit on the balcony and take in the river. This was never going to happen! They were building more rooms next door so all you heard all day long was a circular saw and other such peace-shatterers!! The balcony itself was tiny, a fact not helped by the air-con unit taking up most of it kicking out more noise and intense heat. There was no room to put one chair out there let alone two for us both to 'enjoy' the views, (the views being jcb's and tractors on the opposite bank!!) Oh, and if you suffer from sea-sickness, don't even consider these rooms! Everytime a boat goes by on the river, and this is very frequently, you spend the next five minutes riding the resultant waves!!

We chose not to eat here after I caught a peek of the kitchen on the first evening and decided not to risk my health, (possibly my life), by sampling their fare! As I said before, the staff didn't seem bothered and made no attempt to encourage us to stay or indeed to recommend anywhere else. They also told us nothing of the local area or what there is to see or do so we were left to our own devices to find this for ourselves.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this guesthouse to anyone else, (no-one I liked anyway!) It's difficult to find anything positive to say about the experience except for maybe checking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: November 2012