“Think of the alternatives for these animals before slamming tiger temple”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tiger Temple Thailand Tour - CLOSED

Tiger Temple Thailand Tour
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Think of the alternatives for these animals before slamming tiger temple”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I have no problem with tiger temple. As much as the ridiculously extreme animal rights activists who have based their opinion on these reviews would like you to believe it is a hell hole, it's not. I've been twice and never once seen any sign of drugging or mistreatment, all I see is a place which, fair enough, needs refurbishing, but is not cruel. As with all places that deal with animals, there are pros and cons. Fair enough I can see how people can assume allowing tourists to get up close and personal to the animals is dodgy.. But they have been raised by humans, they're used to our touch! And to those who complain about the chains, do you really want to go into an enclosure with unchained tigers? No. Thought not. Sick of these bad reviews from animal "lovers" who are not thinking of the whole picture, the monks and volunteers and doing their best to keep the population going. They started off with 1 tiger in the 90's and now there is over 120-of which only the ones most used to humans are allowed for the tourists for only a few hours a day. These people are doing their god damn best for these animals, sick of people assuming the worst because of these idiot reviewers who are not considering the alternative of these beautiful creatures being hunted/chased out of habitat. Don't be a sheep or think it's okay to slam a place when you don't know all the facts.

13 Thank Charley B

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Interesting experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

When picturing tiger temple I imagined tigers roaming around with carers guiding them and ensuring the safety of visitors to the temple. I was surprised when I arrived to be led down to a small area where tigers laid with collars on and chained to the concrete. Two tigers had a monk sitting with them who kept arranging the way they laid. I was impressed that I had a guide who stayed with me the whole time and another that took photos- I got a lot of photos taken as a I walked around the temple.
The tigers seemed very dopey, one did react when I touched it too lightly as I was told it irritates the tigers. We were told by our tour guide the reason the are so mellow is because they eat a large meal before visits...

It sounds like if you do the extra activities it may be a better experience. I liked it but it's a long way to travel ( 6 hours in total) for 5 minutes of photos with sleeping tigers. We visited the floating markets too which made it more worthwhile- just make sure if you book into a tour that does both you get to do the markets on a boat and not just walk around on land.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Em__1512
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Left me feeling very worried!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited the tiger temple yesterday, something made me feel very uncomfortable about the whole experience! The tigers were very drowsy, I can't imagine that a tiger is normally this docile. I couldn't see any water for them in the extreme heat of the day. I was made to buy a t shirt as my arms were bare. We left very quickly, something is clearly not right there, although I can't really say more. Please think carefully about visiting the tiger temple.

Visited July 2014
8 Thank Fiona B
Brisbane, Australia
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Go Meet A Tiger”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Worth a visit. 600THB entrance fee. Don't get there before 12 noon. Regular tiger temple programme 12pm to 3.15pm. They do have special tours starting at 7.30 am 5,000THB.
Regular visit, you can get your photo take with your own camera, pat and walk a tiger. They do have a number of rules for your safety.
If you are staying in Kanchanaburi a taxi from the bridge to temple return drive will Waite for you. is a 600THB.
They do have a number of different animal's. Not the cleanest place, but hey if you want to see the tigers, then go.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Frank M
Mumbai (Bombay), India
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Unique attraction!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Its a bit scary but totally safe. The entrance fee is 600 thb which includes 4 to 5 photos each clicked by volunteers with 4 to 5 fully grown tigers each with you crouching behind them .If you want to get your picture clicked with a tiger in your lap you have to pay a 1000 thb.

The tigers are kept chained in a "Canyon" which is to your left after you are done with the cub and after walking a bit. There are no signs pointing to the "Canyon" and we ended up walking straight and then returning back after 20 minutes of unnecessary walking in the terrible heat!

I did tell the volunteers to do something about that.My link for this attraction.

Visited May 2014