“Very nice hotel.”

Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Medina, Saudi Arabia
“Very nice hotel.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I was stayed in this hotel around 1 week , with president room on the first floor , in front of the room have a nice corner for relax , beside garden same you're at home. The room is so big and everything is cleanness. Location isn't far from the airport and market ,shopping mall. Great Service from all staffs. I'll visit here again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Aishah_Alamri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were highly impressed with the staff, service and facilities a the Piman Garden Boutique Hotel. The staff were so welcoming and immediately we felt at home. The gardens were immaculate and we spent most of our time on our balcony relaxing in the serene atmosphere. Although the location is centrally located, its set far enough from the road so you are shielded from the street noise. Plenty of good restaurants and local eateries within walking distance. Breakfast was superb - much better than the typical toast and jam. Rooms and bathroom were spacious and exceptionally clean. Especially loved the bath tub and large, cozy bed. Can't say enough great things - highly recommend!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed there for maybe 2-3 months and loved the hotel. Very friendly staff BUT .....and for me this was a BIG BUT. The walls between the rooms are not breeze block but merely plaster so every sounds comes through. I had a next-door neighbour for 2 nights who clearly had some nasal issues. I woke up with a start thinking he was in bed with me it was so loud. After that it was all snorting and coughing phlegm till morning. I asked to change rooms but they were all the same. Maybe the suites on the North side were different. Also I was on a monthly rate which suddenly almost doubled, I was told I was on a "promotional rate".

Room Tip: Knock on the walls, if paper then then beware.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank keith_aggersberg
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Entering the hotel. You feel you have walked into paradise and serene surroundings. Whe entering the lobby. The staff were welcoming and made you feel like a customer.

The room was clean and tidy. Nice big comfy bed and adequate facilities. Nice big bath as well. Housekeeping was done promptly and first class.

The tv is old but not going to moan about it but limited english channels and some channels were grainy. But would not affect my overall judgement of this hotel.

Breakfast was also included and even though basic for foreigners was good. Not going to be like the Ritz but fills up and also has a thai breakfast menu too.

I would come back here again as also the staff were helpful getting taxis as sometimes in Khon Kaen getting a taxi when the mad rush for songkran can prove to be difficult. But yes i did enjoy my stay and recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank lenchannon
CUMBRIA ENGLAND
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This is quite a large business type hotel centrally situated and convenient for the bus station. It does indeed have a lovely garden, but the hotel itself, though very clean and well kept, is a little faded, especially the breakfast area. My room was fine but the upstairs hallways are rather bleak, probably not very important as one doesn't inhabit the corridors for long. One receptionist speaks good English. All in all, a fairchoice when passing through Khon Kaen

Room Tip: Upstairs room was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Ubon Ratchathani
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed at the Piman Garden Boutique Hotel. I think its to large to be called a boutique hotel. The gardens and buildings are well kept until you go into your room. I stayed in a junior suite on the ground floor which was not requested because I wanted the high floor of the hotel but no explanation was given to me for not noting my request and I was not going to say anything about it. I felt it was not my duty to make a complaint about it for reasons best known to me. Nevertheless the suite was very large and nice but there were black marks on the wall from the door to the wardrobe. Painting was required in this suite, I am not sure how well kept are the others. The furniture was classic but the were signs of wear and tear but ok, The bathroom was ok, not luxury for a suite accommodation, but very clean, in fact the room was well serviced.

I wanted to have dinner on the first night to find out at 10pm at night that there is no restaurant service in the hotel for lunch or dinner, only breakfast. So I had to go out at that time of night to a 7-11 for a bite to eat.

When the restaurant is open for breakfast there are no tables for 1 or 2 people, only for 8/10 people around very large tables. I was not impressed with that set up. The breakfast was disgusting, very thing was cold except for the coffee, which I may say was good and toast of course.

The only good point for the location, that it was not far from the bus terminal, 5 mins walk. I am sure I will not stay again just because there is no restaurant for main meals and would hope they have explanations why they disregarded requests made through your reservations and that the rooms/suite are well maintained for there future guest.

Only one receptionist and one other staff spoke English which was ok but the rest of the staff just stared into open space when you spoke and only replied back in Thai. Check you requests before you get there so that you have the opportunity that it is granted or you have the chance to change your hotel, depending on the cancellation policy that the provider through the internet has given you, i.e. like Asiarooms, Hotel.com etc. All policies need to be checked thoroughly before you make you reservations, because many vary from one provider to another.

Room Tip: My explanation is already in my review, so check check check before you finalize your reservations...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank RobertDaleJohnG
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

The rooms at the Piman are clean, modern and spacious, it's a nice set-up built away from the road so the hotel rooms are fairly quiet even though its on a main road.
I hadn't made a reservation, I just happened to be walking past and saw a promotion sign offering rooms at 600 baht. At reception I was told all the 600 baht rooms were occupied, I looked around (it was nighttime) and I couldn't see a single light on in any of the rooms. I questioned the receptionists honesty and pointed the absence of a single light on in any of the rooms. She stuck to her story and told me she only had 900 baht rooms available. Being as I was only there for one night and it was getting late I took the 900 baht option even though I knew the receptionist was bent.
The next morning on checking out I was presented with an electricity bill for 127 baht. Astounded, I refused to pay, I've never been charged for electricity in any hotel in the world. I thought this was a really cheap despicable trick. The receptionists attitude was reprehensible, she obviously had a very slovenly attitude towards foreigners. After a few heated words they backed off, I told them to call the police and walked out leaving their bogus electric bill unpaid.
It's a pity they have devious dishonest staff working here because the hotel itself is good. As coincidence would have it I know a fellow Englishman who is married to a Thai and lives in Khon Kaen. He too stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and they tried to pull the same stunt on him. That points to the fact that this is a ruse that is used on a regular basis and not just a one off.

• Stayed May 2012