Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$19
Agoda.comUS$19
TripadvisorUS$19
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The last time I stayed in Khon Kaen I staed at the Kosa Hotel which is lovely but it felt too clinical for me so this time I searched and found the Mai Thai Guesthouse and I could not have chose better.
Me and the Girlfriend and her daughter stayed there and was loved it. The staff are wonderful and the lovely touch of the ironing being hung up for you when you return is great and my girlfriend loved it (always a good thing) A seperate bed was provided for us as there was 3 of us.

The pool is lovely and the owners spend plenty of time keeping the hotel looking fresh. The area is lovely and quiet but close enough to places like central and the markets to keep anyone happy.

I will definetly be going back there next time and hopefully will try the family room next to the pool that time (unless already booked)

Room tip: The upstairs rooms are quieter
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 29 August 2012

in low season you can get a room at around 500 bath, the owner is nice and friendly.
There is a swimming pool and they can cook food near the pool

Rooms are basic, the place is very quiet.

Negative aspects: small bathroom otherwise the hotel is well maintained...

The owner tries to stay busy maintaining his hotel.

So its a good choice for a cheap price if you look for a family style guesthouse atmosphere.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank Domthai
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Well where to start. I read the reviews (like i do before i stay anywhere) and was nearly put off by 651rob's review. However balancing up all the positive reviews against the 1 very negative I took the chance. Boy am I happy, stayed there for 4 nights (wished it had been more) but had commited to bookings in Chiang mai. Found Ronnie and his wife very friendly and helpful, a first for me was had them do my laundry only to find after been out on the motorbike(which they also rent out) Our laundry was washed and ironed and all put on hangers in our wardrobe (nice touch). With regards to kids been there there are some family members i believe but were very quite and reserved, occasinally saw them but never heard them at all, only a shy smile. We also met some great people some of whom were regulars, and I mentioned the review that so nearly put me off, what a discussion that turned out to be. The outcome unanimously was that 651rob had got his wires crossed and was refering to somewhere else, as nobody had experienced any of the things he claimed to have. So my advice would be do what I did and enjoy a great stay, will definatley be back but for longer. Last but not least,Yes the menu was not extensive but the home made sausages and burgers were the best we have had in Thailand. And the chips were proper homemade from real spuds, all in all the food was very good but if you wanted more variety there was a menu for delivery to you, and not far away a couple of good buffet BBQ's.Well roll on next visit, and many thanks to all who made our stay one to remember. Chris. Chiang mai and England.

Room tip: We got one overlooking the pool but i think they were all the same for high Quality.
Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank BEAR4444
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Been to the eastern region of thailand and stopped at our favorite on the way home, and writing this now from there on the free WiFi

Pork mash and gravy wonderful, while my wife brings her local food from the market, service as always very good, English owner Ronnie with his Thai wife Son, always up and around early in the day

Read the last review by 651rob, they must have stayed at a different MaiThai

We love this little gem of a hotel with its peace and traquility surrounded by orchids and plants in the middle of an ever busier city

Room tip: Top floor end ones have extra window but then ground floor cooler
Date of stay: June 2012
4  Thank AlandPawn
Reviewed 20 May 2012

we arrived at this so called guest house in the morning the owners were still in bed ..at this time it was gone 9am and hungry but no staff around ..a old gentleman managed to contact them so we could check-in. within a hour kids where racing about on motorbikes making noice which was great as we came to relax not listern to kids talking on phones and running around. i am not sure if they have a youth club in there house as people seem to come and go all day.
the staff not polite and look down there noses to people it seems. food ok when there are people to cook it, forget a early breakfast more like a brunch by the time they get up...itsonly a small menu so no need for a chef....the pool lovely to look at but once in it was sour and hurt my wifes eyes...great. dont have a room near there house as night time they seem to have a thai party on the for tv loud and on late. cleaners seem to clean the rooms when they want. not a place to relax

Room tip: all rooms will suffer as there is only 10-12 rooms like a big house surrounded with dogs and kids etc
Date of stay: April 2012
9  Thank 651rob
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

the owner of Mai thai guest house is not Khonkaen jimmy as stated in thie last responce
but ron stewart