“Perfect stay at Pullman Khon Kaen”

Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights early June whilst visiting my girlfriend who lives in Khon Kaen. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay and enjoyed every minute whilst at the hotel. It is extremely clean, comfortable, and the staff are always willing to help. I got a great deal through the Accor website (Time for Pleasure deal), which included breakfast and 1000 baht credit towards food and beverage at the hotel, as well as two complimentary drinks at the bar in the lobby.

The lobby is beautiful and breakfast served here is great, with a wide variety of western and Thai dishes. I can't comment on the pool, gym, bars, restaurants or spa as I was too busy to visit them, but judging from the standard of the hotel, I am sure they would all be very nice.

I guess I was lucky enough not to encounter the noise from the nighclub that some people have mentioned, but I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Khon Kaen. I will surely be staying at the Pullman on my next visit in November or December this year.

Thank you to all the staff at this hotel that made my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sHaBz79
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Thailand. We are delighted that your stay with the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid was enjoyable.

We thank you for sharing your positive experience and your compliments on excellent services of our staff who can make you feel comfortable during your stay with us. I will pass your appreciation to them so that they always continue to provide the best services to our guests.

Once again, thank you for being our valuable guest and if there's any opportunity for you to return to Khon Kaen, I hope we will be your preferred hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the years before our final destination to Loei to visit my wife's family
After travelling from the U.K.,it is total comfort of the luxury bed and spacious room,a lovely breakfast buffet and a refreshing swimming pool
The hotel staff I have found very pleasant in all service area's
The only thing,not an issue but sometimes check in can be confusing as not understanding my requirements or the lack of English.
My last stay 10th June for 2 nights I extended for 3 nights when I checked in and this was fine and understood.When I booked online direct with the hotel I requested in the comment box ,the room to be on the right hand side,in the front as looking at the hotel and when I checked in this was confirmed by the reception desk.The bell boy took me to room 1407 which was on the opposite side,left of the hotel as looking at ???? At this end of the hotel you can hear the music from the nightclub outside but as there was a curfew happening the nightclub finished at 12.00am so we stayed where we were
I return to the hotel on the 19th June and booked a room on the right hand side as looking at the hotel with the reception desk when I checked out.....let see what happens as the curfew is now finished
Apart from that this is a very good hotel and we look forward to staying here when we return back to Thailand and travelling to Loei

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gavin c
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your time in posting your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation in regards to some of the staff needed a reminder for an order and apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue to conduct training and English classes for improvements.

Once again, thank you for being our valuable guest and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future where we will be able to demonstrate the experience you noted throughout the balance of your stay throughout your entire visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for a number of years since it was a Sofitel. Perfect location for business or pleasure.

Shopping centre just a few min walk, so is restaurants, bars or clubs.

This hotel has a very vibarant feel with a huge driveway and lobby area.

Rooms are clean and well stocked up for the business traveller.

Underground parking is always a bonus to have locals come for business lunch or dinner.

Huge gym with personal trainer helps after a busy day at work. Swimming pool and suana great aswell.

Breakfast has a huge selection of food both Thai and western dishes.

Truly the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: High floor over looking the city
Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for coming to visit us once again and for choosing the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid for your travels.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated our services and facilities and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always rewarding to know when our efforts have been successful.

Please know we look forward to welcoming you again so that you can once again enjoy our beautiful views.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and i can honestly say i could not fault the hotel in any way. The breakfast was excellent. We had an evening meal in the continental buffet which was 1st Class. The next time we are in Khon Kaen we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your encouraging fantastic review! It's a thrill to know you loved your visit so much to the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid and felt compelled to write such a beautiful and detailed review on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for choosing the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid for sharing your positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the future for more of the same personal service and authentic hospitality as you've described which we certainly pride ourselves on and our efforts certainly re-doubled now having viewed your encouraging feedback.

Ole Nielsen
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid…

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Spend 2 nights here for business trip. It's claimed as 5 star hotel that I think still needs some improvements for services, and perhaps renovation. Hotel staffs as far as dealing with receptionists are polite. Main restaurant host on G floor at breakfast and lunch is not quite friendly (same lady), housekeeping are friendly but forgot mat-towel on our second night, no slippers provided in room have to ask for them, there' s a huge area of wet carpet in corridor due to water leaking on our floor that still need proper repair. Room is fine, cosy bed, big and clean enough. Breakfast is varies lots of selections.

• Stayed: May 2014
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent experience whilst staying with us at the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.

I am concerned regarding the issue at our restaurant, our staff failed to handle professionally. Your comment has been discussed with our Food and Beverage Manager and the situation; a complete re-training will be given to all our employees on the basic rules of courtesy and hospitality standards. We trust that this issue was an isolated case and anything will be done to prevent a reoccurrence.

Please accept our apologies for the problem you encountered. We trust that this experience has not permanently marred your opinion of Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid and you will give us one more opportunity to accommodate you

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a place to drive up to in a big car - not, like us, by tuk-tuk at 05.30am. It is surrounded by a few high-rise buildings and slightly unsavoury looking farang bars yet a market and some nice shops ( and the all-important coffee trucks and snack stalls) are also nearby.
After a night ride in a freezing bus, we arrived earlier than planned, and pitched up a bit early, looking a bit dusty and sleepy. Amazingly, we were whisked into a lovely huge room by 6am, had a bath and luxuriated in super-soft sheets on a very large bed. This was their most basic room. Although the hotel is huge, service is amazing. I was permitted to use a computer int he lobby late at night to write an email, and to top it off, we were offered a complimentary late checkout the next day.

The only thing that is a slight let-down is the pool area, which is a bit concrete-y, the pool is small and shallow and it desperately lacks shade and greenery, but other than that, this place is wonderful. It isn't hip or fashionable, in fact, the interior is rather staid and and quite conservative, but it is wonderfully comfortable.

There appears to be quite a bit of Western men hooking up with thai women going on in the bars outside the hotel, not so much in the hotel itself, and the area around the hotel is a bit farang-y, lots of huge bars with big TV's etc, not really a great place to go out, but then... we didn't really explore that bit of the KK nightlife.

I would also like to mention that there are some nice fabric shops in KK, and we were there for the silk festival which is a must for those who love to sew.

First up, Sueb San in what appears to be a Main Street between the Downtown area and the City Hall. It is a small shop selling all-natural fabrics in neutral hues, also nice little accessories and coconut buttons, scarves, a few items of clothing. Very classy shop, most cotton fabrics about THB 70-100/metre.

Then, Prathamakhan, just around the corner form the hotel. A HUGE shop. Lots of rather middle-of-the-road souvenirs but also hundreds of bolts of fabric, mostly thick Thai cotton.

Loved it. Although there was nothing special to see in KK, I LOVED this city.

Room Tip: I think there is NO bad room in this place
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Pullman_KhonKaen, General Manager at Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback here at Tripadvisor with a good recommendation. We are happy to hear that your recent stay with us was good.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the friendly and efficient staff service, the room you had, and nearby shops in Khon Kaen.

We have to apologies that the architecture and the layout of the pool was not to your liking and that this did not live up to your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we are looking forward to welcome you back again to our hotel in the near future.

Ole Nielsen
The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid…