“Exceeded my expectations”

AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Khon Kaen
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A truly good 4 star hotel at exceptional value.Its in a great location and although only 2/3 km from the City centre,it has nice countryside views.The rooms are spacious, modern style with an Isaan décor and all mod-cons.The Staff are extremely friendly,relaxed and efficient with a ready smile.Good Pool,state of the art Fitness centre.You are spoilt for choice for restaurants,again,at very sensible prices.Don't be put off that it is also a Convention centre,there is plenty of leisure space and you are truly made to feel a welcome guest.A "must" to stay here if you are visiting Khon Kaen

Room Tip: For a little extra,upgrade to the Club Rooms.Larger rooms on the higher floors,and access to the Clu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
gmckk c, General Manager at AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Derek,

I am grateful to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
I had conveyed your excellent comments to my colleagues as they are
the backbone of the company.

Once again, thank you

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel and seminar rooms are great for business meetings in Northeast Thailand, Khon Kaen a vibrant city. The business lounge with the friendly staff and an ideal place to relax also. Good restaurants, especially I would like to mention the breakfast buffet.
We visit the hotel again and recommend it to our friends

Room Tip: We recommend the business package .............
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
gmckk c, General Manager at AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Laszlo,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed the facilities and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Having recently stayed at the Centara in Khon Kaen in north west Thailand (and having stayed at many top hotels and resorts around the world, including many run by the big global chains and also boutique locations), I can say that the Centara was truly wonderful and one of the best. The layout, décor, facilities, ambience, and variety/selection and quality of food was magnificent and the staff made it very special; the thing that sets them well above many highly rated hotels and resorts; very friendly and polite, subtle, efficient, helpful (nothing was too much trouble) and they assisted with some help I needed way beyond what many hotel/resort staff would do or be happy to help with and I would not hesitate in returning there in the future. For anyone considering a holiday where the location is not over-run with tourists in say the north west of Thailand this place is an absolute gem and a credit to those that set it up about 2 years ago, and the staff were some of the best I have encountered anywhere. Even the background music during the day and evening suited the environment well, and this is often something that spoils the feeling that many locations hope to achieve but mess up too often. The fairly recent opening (within 2 years) has seen the Centara group implement/correct the mistakes that many hotels/resorts have made in the past (learning from the lesser achievements of others) and it really shows in every way; the facilities include an amazing spa where massage and skin/health treatments are outstanding. And the overall value is excellent. Yes this place is one of the very best I've stayed and if I could have I would've stayed longer. Daryl

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daryl J
gmckk c, General Manager at AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Daryl,

Greetings and thank you very much for your excellent comments.

It is with gratitude that to my colleagues who have gone beyond their responsibilities and
most importantly provided service with passion and coming from the heart during your stay with us.
This is a culture that we have been inculcating since my inception 11 months ago and we are still striving to be better.

I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the facilities and the in-house music around the hotel.

If ever you are in the North Eastern part, do dropped me a note on your reservation and I am sure my colleagues and I would like to welcome you back home.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

It might be a kilometre or so from the City Centre, but it has its strong points. Being out of the city means a more quiet and tranquil environment - plus, a cleaner breeze that goes through almost all the public areas of this greatly-designed hotel.

The restaurants are priced as restaurants and not as a "hotel-restaurant". From Chinese, local delicacies to western delights - it may not be cooked or presented a la gourmet, but certainly delightful to the palates. Oh, the in-room mini bar... Priced very very reasonable. So no need to make those trips out in the dead of the night for a drink or a little snack. This one is priced to serve its true purpose.

Amazing. Amazing.

Room Tip: City view rooms are just fine because at the end, it's still a laid back provincial city. But if...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mitchell,

Thank you very much for fantastic comments and I am very glad that you enjoyed
your stay with us.

I will certainly convey your comments to my colleagues for a job well done and I'm sure we hope
to see you again in the near future. Do dropped me an email if you returning and I'm sure my colleagues and I would like to welcome you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel look modern and nice. All furnished with good quality of material. they have multiple restaurant, i have much like London Inn Pub because I can relax and take some drink here, very nice. room and breakfast are OK for me, I like bed vevery comfort good sleep. swimming pool is big and i also use it. my room is located in lake view, recommend for stay. I totaly love it. thank you

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Chang,

Greetings and it is utmost gratifying to know that you enjoyed our facilities during your stay with us. We will continue to make it better.

Our property was officially opened on 7 December 2013 after a major face lift on the landscape, convention centre, additional F & B restaurants to cater to all palates and additional car park space.

If you are ever within this province, do drop me an email and we will make the necessary arrangements for you. We at CKK would like to welcome you with our hearts.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

stayed for 7 nights in a junior suite. Room is huge and very well equipped. whirlpool bathtub was very pleasant and the rain shower was great after almost two months of staying in hotels with more basic facilities. The bed is western standard as are the pillows. I tried two of the restaurants and the food quality was very good. I also used the gym facilities and they were of good quality. Most importantly, all of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the centre of town. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Khon Kaen.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Nick,

Greetings from CKK.

It is with great pleasure to have you stayed with us and also enjoyed our facilities and F & B restaurants.

We strives to do our best and we intend not to let our laurels down to serve our guests with our hearts. We will be "here for you" 24/7 and if you around the corner, do dropped me an email so that we will be able to welcome you again with open arms.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind comments and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

enjoyed our stay.
nice breakfast and chinese restaurant dinner.
good service esp at London Pub with a music trio who kept the nights alive.
the hotel slippers i used for 5 days were so soiled but they wanted it back .
dont know why they cannot keep the crowds of mosquitoes away. its distracting and annoying.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank TravelBear808

Dear TravelBear808,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the facilities and restaurants. As for the mosquitoes,
we had taken action by engaging the pest control to fumigate the hotel every 3 days.
However, the mosquitoes persisted to return. We have established that it is common
during this period and it will go away in due course.

Kindly note that to date the mosquitoes have gone away.

We hope to see again in the near future "Selamat Datang"