Wrong address, wrong picture and wrong information given here! The correct information is as follows:
1. This is a night-only market (NOT Day & Night), opens around 5pm until around 11pm, with 7-9pm being a busy period.
2. The location given on the map here is WRONG. The correct location is Ruenrom Road, the part between Na-Mueang Alley and Glang-Mueang Road, about 150m (0.15km) in length. This road is open for vehicles during the day and is closed every night, when it is turned into a walking food street.
3. You can begin walking from either end. The road is split into two equal areas along the middle line, with one side being place for food stalls and their portable tables and chairs, and the other side being place for clothes, souvenirs, fruits, desserts and some small items. You can walk from one side across to the other side easily as there are no clear barriers separating the two. Most people have their meal on one side first, before walking over the other side for desserts/fruits and to do some shopping for small items.
4. All food stalls there serve delicious food; if you visit this place for the first time, I recommend you try one or more of the following: (a) "Hoi Tod" (crispy, deep-fried mussels); the best stall there is called "Ra-cha Hoi Tod"; the stall also serves excellent pad thai (there are other stalls serving Hoi Tod and Pad Thai but "Racha" is by far the BEST. It is located towards the Glang Mueang Road; you will notice is BIG flat steel plan in front of the stall! (b) Khao Kah-Moo (stewed pig's knuckles served on rice), (c) Khao Maan Gai (steam chicken served on chicken fat rice), (d) Som Tum (papaya salad), (e) Kor Moo Yang (barbeque pig's neck), (f) deep-fried insects, etc.
5. Toilets are very difficult to find, you'd better go to toilet before visiting this walking street.
6. Parking spaces are available along Ruenrom Road, Na Mueang Alley and Glang Mueang Road.
7. To walk around the whole place will take you about 45-60 minutes, but give yourself 1-2 hours if you're planning to have food as well.
I cannot recommend this place enough. I've lived in Khon Kaen since I was born and this is my most favourite place for street food in Khon Kaen! Just go!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.