Rachawadee Resort & Hotel
US$46
TripAdvisor
US$104
  • Restaurant
All reviewswooden furniturelovely resortan early flightthai restaurantmini barswimming poolplace to stayairportoasisbunniesvaciotvnoisethailandhousekeeping
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Good location close to the airport but not most. Great food in the restaurant but limited breakfast. Nice relaxed countryside atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank doctordavidbanner
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This was my children's favourite hotel in Thailand and it was really nice. The rooms are really good value for what you get. We had 2 connecting deluxe rooms for 1,100 baht per night. We were planning on staying 2 nights but ended up staying for 3 as we liked it so much. The rooms were huge and even had robes and slippers.

Do be aware it is quite a long way from the centre of town. This wasn't an issue for us as we had rented a car.

The only thing I would say is that it is mainly geared up to Thai tourists rather than foreigners, so there aren't many staff who speak English. When we first arrived the people on the desk didn't speak much English and also when we first went to the restaurant we had a bit of trouble ordering food for the same reason. However, as we stayed longer, the staff that could speak English came to help us. For us this was part of the fun, but it may not suit everyone.

The grounds and pool were great. The mini golf was completely run down but our kids loved it. There were also rabbits in the grounds.

We really liked Khon Kaen and this hotel, although there aren't many touristy things to do.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnDMF
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We were only in Khon Kaen 2 nights and spent the 1st in a top inner city hotel but opted to spend the 2nd night at Rachawadee for a change of scenery.... and wow, we were not disappointed! This is a magnificent property and was under $30 for a Grand Superior room incl. breakfast. The grounds are sprawling, immaculate, and extensively planted with tropical palms, trees and flowering shrubs. The restaurant meal was exceptional and service excellent.... a very romantic evening was had.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaptainrob
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I booked this accommodation via the internet and was very pleased with the property. As you arrive you are greeted by the wonderful staff with big friendly smiles. The property has some lovely gardens and a great pool. The restaurant is very good and the food extremely tasty, also it is priced very well.

The rooms are very spacious and extremely clean. Initially I was in a superior room but had only single beds. I upgraded at a small cost to Grand Deluxe. At that time they did not have spa bath in them but the room was very spacious with large bed. The rooms had an electronic safe, tv, cable, mini fridge/bar, tea & coffee making facilities.

The staff were extremely helpful and always happy to have a chat with you. I did not have a spa/massage treatment but spent some good hours relaxing around the pool.

The only problem I encountered was selecting the wrong footwear and slipping on the tiles/pathways outdoors when it was raining.

The resort is a good trip by tuk tuk, taxi or free courtesy bus to town center. If I recall it was about 400 baht trip.

I would recommend this accommodation to families, singles who are not looking to party loud, singles who are discrete and like to relax in friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travellr1
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I had previously stayed at this resort in April and had a good experience, however my recent stay was very disappointing.
Check-in was embarrassing. On arriving a reception I waited for 3-4 minutes for someone to book me in. As there was someone else checking in I didn't mind waiting, however when someone comes to check-in and stands next to me they immediately check him in before me. I was completely ignored. When I complained they said they thought I was with the other party checking in at the same time. I explained i wasn't standing anywhere near the other party and they should have asked me.
The evening meal was very disappointing. I ordered Massaman Curry, having witnessed a friend order it before on my previous visit. I do not know what they gave me, but it wasn't massaman curry, more like a soup that contained mainly potato and maybe 5 small pieces of beef. The beer I ordered was poured into a glass half full of ice. I don't like ice in my beer. If only they had asked and not assumed.
I can't fault the rooms, clean and comfortable. Maybe I was unlucky but they definitely need to improve their customer service skills.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo