“Dissapointing”

Ranked #3 of 75 Khon Kaen B&B and Inns
Eastbourne
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I had previously stayed at this resort in April and had a good experience, however my recent stay was very disappointing.
Check-in was embarrassing. On arriving a reception I waited for 3-4 minutes for someone to book me in. As there was someone else checking in I didn't mind waiting, however when someone comes to check-in and stands next to me they immediately check him in before me. I was completely ignored. When I complained they said they thought I was with the other party checking in at the same time. I explained i wasn't standing anywhere near the other party and they should have asked me.
The evening meal was very disappointing. I ordered Massaman Curry, having witnessed a friend order it before on my previous visit. I do not know what they gave me, but it wasn't massaman curry, more like a soup that contained mainly potato and maybe 5 small pieces of beef. The beer I ordered was poured into a glass half full of ice. I don't like ice in my beer. If only they had asked and not assumed.
I can't fault the rooms, clean and comfortable. Maybe I was unlucky but they definitely need to improve their customer service skills.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Galeee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
UK
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Been to Khon Kaen many times but this is the first time that i have stayed at Rachawadee Ideal for everybody inc children Once you arrive you are treated with dignity Staff all very friendly,service good accomodation very clean and good I cannot fault the place With its location some 2 minutes away from the airport i am sure that this resort will be a must go place in the future Good luck to all the management and owners
Yours Maurice

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Maurice1UK
Hamburg
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Stayed here during a business trip in April 09. It wasn't easy to book the rooms ahead since some of the receptionists don't seem to speak english too well. But once we were there staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were huge and charming, the pool was beautiful, good size, nice setting. The restaurant is beautiful. Breakfast was not that great but go there for dinner when you can sit around the small pond and enjoy really nice and inexpensive food. No, the waiters don't necessarily speak english but after I drew a watermelon on a napkin and pointed on a glass I finally got watermelon shake... ;-) All in all I think this is the most charming place to stay in Khon Kaen. It is outside of the city center and you'll need to find a driver to take you to the really nice nightmarket downtown sometime...

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
thailand & Uk
Reviewed 13 May 2007

I stay in Khon kaen Hotels for 3 months of the year.
This is the best quality and service Hotel In Khon kaen.
the accomadation is first class.The service is friendly and second to none.
The Resturant has the best value for money and quality thai food .

The prices are more than reasonible even for the services such as laundry etc.

The pool area is unbelievable the whole place is a tropical retreet.

Its has wifi connection every where on the resort,mini golf ,cable tv and a small gym area.

It has a welcoming a friendly atmosphere.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank brianthaihomes