“Lovely hotel, great location and fabulous rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ben's House

Ben's House
Ranked #41 of 292 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Cork
“Lovely hotel, great location and fabulous rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I spent 3 nights in this hotel on my travels through Asia, the location was walking distance from the town, no need for taxis or tuc tuc'is. The staff are lovely. My room was amazing, it was huge and had a balcony. We could see the sunset every night. I definitely recommend this hotel.

The only thing to be careful of is we arrived at 6am and our rooms weren't ready until 2pm. Also they have a pool but you can't sit around it, it's located in between 2 buildings, which is a bit strange.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caroline O

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This property is quite average, doesn't reflect the pictures on their website.
1 staff member seemed quite fed up with clients - this was not a nice welcome.

Room was clean except the bathroom which had mould and an erratic shower head, mattress very hard and thin and pillows small. Room had a safe and bathroom and mini bar.

For the price it wasn't too bad by normal standards, however compared to other properties in the area for cheaper or the same price, it was of average quality. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KMartin836
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Basic needs were adequately provided. The room and the toilet is spacious, clean and reasonably comfortable.The hotel attendance is friendly and has moderate English proficiency. The place is quite strategically located near to all the happening and recommended places. A quick look at the map, one could see that happening places are within walking distance. It also has a pool, free wifi, hot water shower, and air-conditioner.

Room Tip: Hotel is reasonably near to happening and recommended places.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kata Beach, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was a return visit,all new staff who where more interested playing with their phones.
Having booked a superior room,it was inferior and nothing like the brochure photographs.
The bathroom was dirty, with mold in all the tile groupings.The room furniture was scratched and varnish worn.
Breakfast was ,skimpy and not refilled when the scrambled eggs ran out, I had to ask for fried eggs and the waitress looked bored with my request.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

By Thai standards this place is not cheap, but by Aonang standards its about average. Our room on floor two was reasonably big, with a big comfortable bed, TV, aircon and balcony. The pool is a plunge pool, but adequate to cool off in the heat of the day, and is bit quirky sandwiched between two buildings. We were lucky as we were there a week and it was realitively quite for us, small suggestion for hotel, fit anti screech pads to the bottom of the furniture very cheap to do and stops guest being woken by chamber maids or guests moving the furniture. The location is about 10 mins to Aonang beach and 5 mins the the shops and resturants , perfect in our view all the facilites close at hand without being disturbed by them at night.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

i went to ben's house as part of my intrepid trip in nov 13. the room was nice and clean. we stayed on ground floor. Backyard is small but sufficient for 2 people. we had free wifi, hot water, aircon, swimming pool. its reasonably close to entertainment district where many clubs, restaurants , night market, and fun places were located.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny Z
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked to stay for 4 nights at Bens House. I found this hotel/B&B to be a very nice little place to stay while exploring Krabi. The room was big, nicely decorated and had a lovely balcony over looking the garden. The beds were comfy and the aircon worked excellently. There was also a fan attached to the wall so you could leave the fan on over night. The pool was a nice little touch and they have made the most of the space they have. I found the staff to be very friendly and they could speak English very well which was an added bonus. They always greeted me with a smile and were very chatty. Whilst we were staying at Bens house I took ill and we had to ring the girl to get up from her bed and help us get a taxi to the nearest clinic. She was very helpful and I was really appreciative of all her help. They also found us 2 rooms we could stay in for 2 extra nights as I couldn't leave the area until I was well again. When I returned from the clinic late the next day the girl asked how I was which I thought was really nice. The breakfast was good, toast, muffins, tea coffee, ham, sausages, cereals etc. We got the breakfast included in our booking. The location is good if you want somewhere a little bit quieter rather than the Main Street, about a 10 minute walk to the beach, you can either go down the steps round the back or down a road, both take about the same time. We then went to Phi Phi for 2 nights and came back to stay at Bens house for 1 night before going to Samui. Overall I enjoyed my stay at Bens house and would return there again. I thank the staff for their help when I wasn't feeling my best :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple