“Secluded Location, Need Maintenance”

The Nantra De Deluxe
Ranked #160 of 182 Hotels in Krabi Town
“Secluded Location, Need Maintenance”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My purpose was to find a place where I could purely relax and release, this is my place!

Hotel is located in a middle of nowhere but not too far to drive from Krabi Airport. The beach is non-commercial beach and I was enjoyed seeing the real lifestyles of local people.

The sunset is awesome!!

I’ve booked the Pool Villa by the beach, however, they have maintenance issues and I cannot use that pool. They’ve provided a discount and charged only for normal room, allowed me to stay in that Pool Villa, I was appreciated on staff efforts to resolve the issue.

The Pool Villa reminded me one resort in Bali, wide spaces, huge bathroom and tub with separated shower room. However, with this size of room plus I’ve arrived before check in time, there’s dust in few areas…well, it’s tropical resort and you can’t avoid this problem.

The resort pool is not big but well-designed, swimming while watching sunset is a must to do.

I’ve got a great deal from Agoda and if they’ll put more effort in maintenance issues, I am ready to pay double or triple on my next visit!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Birmingham
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend visited for 4 days. Very beautiful rooms, definitely recommend the pool villas! Your very own pool and very close to the beach.

Food was delicious & the staff very helpful. The hotel offers 3 free tours. We did the hot springs and the blue pool which we highly recommend. Very beautiful and not crowded with tourist.

Robert the manager was very welcoming and has some great stories to tell. We will definitely be visiting krabi again and will more than likely visit this hotel again. Great way to escape from the hustle and bustle of life :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice hotel sitting right on the water, white sand covered in beautiful shells with the occasional crab, perfect for long walks along the beach ;). There's a medium-sized pool that you can watch the sunset from, next to the restaurant with awesome kitchen staff.. they hooked us up with a box of wine one night which lead to one of our most memorable nights of the trip. Very appreciative of their genuine hospitality :). Also loved the bathtubs.

Wish the hotel was closer to the main town. it's an hour away and in the opposite direction of the airport, a cab from which costs about 1,000,000rbs which is something like $100 CAD, regardless if you're traveling in a group or solo, so try to pair up with another group at the airport if you can.

This would be a really fun place to book out as a group.

Room Tip: rooms run parallel away from the beach, stacked behind each other like the number 11. I believe only...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert F, General Manager at The Nantra De Deluxe, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time for your review and we hope to welcome you again.

We now have free tours through the week for our guests to explore the other areas of Krabi and see what the area has to offer.
Thai Mueang, Thailand
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked a flight from Bangkok to Krabi and also booked a pool villa at this hotel.

It took about 30 minutes from when we landed to the hotel and the pool villa seemed quite nice. We were checked into a villa that had a ocean view over the large hotel pool that also had a private pool and sala everything seemed nice.

The beach is empty here it is not a busy beach with jet ski’s and banana boats and the area is very natural, peaceful and quiet. If you want shopping and action this is not the place it was perfect for me and my wife to just relax and get out of the city.

The restaurant was good and we only had the Thai food along with a good poached eggs with hollandaise sauce for breakfast so we were happy.

There are quite a few tours available from the hotel as well as free ones, we only went on 1 tour that picked us up at the beach in a longtail boat and took us on a 4 island tour which was great.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for couples who just want to hand out and relax.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed in a pool villa in this resort for 3 days/nights during the first part of our honeymoon in Thailand (May 2013). It was a bit of a drive from Krabi airport and difficult to find. The lady at reception was friendly and welcoming, and checked us in with the usual information. She was also very helpful in terms organising transport for us, although she needed a lot of prior notice, which was fair enough.

The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was very exotic, which made us want the same at home! However, the see-through doors for the separate toilet and shower weren’t ideal, but we could live with that. Our personal pool needed a bit of a clean daily, but this was sorted within minutes by housekeeping. The pool was a good size and the outside seating area was also lovely especially when the sun was out.

Breakfast time was interesting. The staff spoke and understood limited English, so it was a bit difficult trying to communicate what we wanted. There were also a lot of stray cats roaming around the breakfast area, which put me off my food. The food itself was quite average. On the first evening, the receptionist organised for us to be driven to a local restaurant in the village. The hosts were very friendly and tried their best to make us feel welcome.

There is also very limited internet connectivity around the resort as it is very secluded. The private beach was a bit unclean, but provided good sunset views. On one of the days, we took a taxi to Ao Nang Beach, which was a lot livelier, with quite a lot of English and Australian tourists! Nevertheless, it’s worth making that trip if the resort sounds too quiet for your liking.

Despite what some of the other reviewers have said, we felt that the professional photos of the resort pretty much match reality, which was quite refreshing to note (although we didn’t go around looking for damp patches around the resort). Overall, the location and ambience of this resort was great for a honeymoon couple, so we were happy with our choice!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked Nantra de deluxe for 5 nights after flying into Krabi from Bangkok - it looked lovely in the photos and we couldn't get over the cheap price!! Being from UK we just assumed it was cheap because it was Thailand and everything would be ok!

The hotel is 30 minutes drive into the middle of nowhere with nothing but forest and shanty houses along the drive - only accessible by car or taxi and is completely remote !!
There is a mosque next to it which woke us up every morning from the loud humming and chanting coming from it (with respect it, made us feel uneasy and disturbed our sleep).

The restaurant - if you order chicken you will be served beef etc - also both of us got the runs (sorry but its worth noting) - your nearest alternate restaurant is a half hour drive away...

the food at the breakfast buffet had flies all over it and when we asked them if they had anything to cover the food they just looked at us as if to say "they are only flies just ignore them!" eww

The beach is extremely quiet (which was nice) but it did have a lot of litter and was dark sand - cannot swim in water either.
- Beach has nice distant views of phi phi island :) BEAUTIFUL sunsets...

I could go on for hours but ill leave it at that.

I do feel this would be a reasonable hotel for a couple to spend 1 night just to get "away from it all" - but don't eat in the restaurant!

Room Tip: don't take the room next to the restaurant as every morning they start chopping the food at 5am...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Craig-norn-iron
Robert F, General Manager at The Nantra De Deluxe, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Craig,

I have read your review of your stay at the hotel in November and I apologize about some of the issues you brought up. Since I have joined the hotel in December we have got rid of our breakfast buffet and now offer a much improved ala carte menu for breakfast. We have upgraded and renovated our rooms and restaurant. Our beach is now cleaned weekly in front of our resort and we are striving to improve our guest experience.
The mosque is not audible in the guest rooms or anywhere near the beach and pool areas.

Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Krabi Town hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This place looks good on the web but in reality it's far from good in fact in my opinion it is quite bad. The rooms are good but are let down by gaps in the closed warped wooden doors frames allowing insects to enter at will through the huge gaps.Nearly everything else continues with this terrible theme like the rusty pool ladder(I booked the pool villa). Many light bulbs/fixtures are broken and I find this unacceptable. A previous review mentions cats,well guess what they are still here and there are horrible scavenging flea bags that won't let you eat in peace,they are always hanging around the restaurant/kitchen which clearly indicates that they are encouraged.i would have thought that the manager would have got rid of them. Breakfast is disastrous as is most other dishes, I even think the Thai food is below standard and expensive.The pickle/sauce caddy had ants everywhere in and around the sugar pot, this is just plain disgusting and I'm shocked that staff did not clean it before bringing it out. As there is nothing around and I have no transport I have no choice but to eat at the restaurant here. The lady at the front desk has an attitude problem and is very unhelpful,the rest of the staff are friendly enough. There are still no phone lines here,I thought there might be as the manager Robert Falls in a previous response to a review said they were being installed. Calling for room service or calling the front deck is just not an option at all.the beach is quiet but the quality of sand in not so good,there are many nicer more beautiful beaches in and around Krabi.There is only one plus point to this place and that is the peace and quiet other than that it is a truly horrible experience and I will always check reviews before I book .

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank 777bambam
Robert F, General Manager at The Nantra De Deluxe, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Bambam,

I have read your review and I have to say many of your points and insight is spot on and the feedback you have provided us is appreciated.
As we have been trying in the short time I have been here to fix our room defects and bring up the standard of the resort.
The gap you mentioned in the sliding window door and the pool ladder are obvious things we need to fix for our guests who stay in a private pool suite, I know you expected more and I apologize we did not meet the expectations. We still have work to do.
When I arrived here we had serious problem with some cats and we were able to get rid of some humanely and find them homes, however we have a couple of juveniles who have appeared and we must humanely make sure they have a different home. I can understand how you feel, we do have some guests who do like them, feed them and take pictures, however I can see that you want to enjoy your breakfast without being bothered by them and we will refocus on this issue.
I would to contact you directly to see if there is anything I can do to make this up to you.