“Panarama by the pool”

and 1 more site!
Eyes Lanta Resort
Ranked #235 of 313 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2010

It's been almost a year since we were here,and I'm writing this review because I truly wish we were there now.
When we first arrived I was quite disappointed. I imagined a short walk from our cabin down to a stunning beach,but could only see a rocky clifftop. When booking in we asked how far it was to the beach & local restaurants and were told a half hour taxi ride. Horror! As it turned out it is 5 mins walk to Kantiang Bay which is lovely,& the restaurants are great,particularly the marine park view.
Initial worries that there was nothing to do proved erroneous; we took a guided taxi tour of the island,saw the old town, long beach, klong khong & the southern tip at Sanga-u. Dinner at the viewpoint restaurant was worth it just for the stunning view.
We dived with Scubafish. Although expensive they were extremely professional;the dives at hin duang & hin muang on the speedboat were amazing!
So,back to Eyes Lanta. The cabin was basic,no room for hanging clothes,but sitting on the balcony watching the monkeys was fabulous. Don't leave anything out or they'll take it. They rifled through the cleaning basket whilst the maid was in our room!
The view from the pool is out of this world.180 degree vista across the Andaman sea to Ko Haa (5 islands).
We had a 'compulsary' new years eve gala dinner. They wanted to charge 2500 THB each (over £50) for the meal and some dancers & fire dancer, but we complained. The French chef Paul was very nice, and he persuaded the owner to halve the price plus throw in some champagne. It was a great meal and a memorable holiday.
One thing though, the web site shows a gorgeous spa, which is in Bangkok! They were in the process of building one at Eyes. Pretty misleading!
I would love to go back some day, they may have even finished building the Spa by now, although I would recommend walking down to the bay as the massages are much cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank Delfusilage

Reviewed 22 February 2010

We found this hotel after quite a few hours searching, the manager was really friendly and the resort was very unique. We stayed just two nights, the first was in a garden room which was ok but as some others have mentioned did suffer from mosquito's asked the manager for mosi coil and they brought right away. The second night we stayed in the ocean view which was fantastic. The room was a great size and the balcony was great with amazing views of sunset. The pool was fab and the day beds around the pool were great for a cold beer and chilling out. We found the hotel to be good value if in need of a bit of TLC but overall I would not hesitate in staying here again.

Reviewed 19 February 2010

Felt the need to add my first ever Trip Advisor post after being somewhat misled by some of the reviews on this resort. Arrived by boat into Ko Tiang Bay not knowing exactly where Eyes Lanta was located following the conflicting information from posts on here and Eyes Lanta’s website. Rang the manager on arrival who advised that it was a short walk away. It was indeed a short 5 minute walk up the road to the resort where we were met by charming staff and taken to our beautiful bungalow, far better than expected after reading posts on here. The highlight was the sunset view from the pool with the comfy sofas and cold beer.

Only stayed one night, but would love to have stayed longer. The staff were friendly and attentive, the location was breathtaking, the breakfast great and the accommodation, clean, quirky, charming and comfortable. Great restaurant called “Same Same but Different” for dinner by the beach and a couple of good bars nearby.

Only slight complaint would be the price. We paid £75 for a garden view, which whilst lovely I think a price closer to £50 would have been more suitable.

If you want identikit perfection than stay in the high rise 5 star properties of Phuket. If you want a beautiful, memorable experience, with a couple of rough edges then this place is ideal.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Firstly I am shocked by all the poor reviews this hotel has received. My husband and I have just spent 5 glorious nights there and think its absolutely superb. The pool and the views are the best on the island and the rooms are quirky and clean. What more do you need. People need to remember that this hotel is on an island in a developing country. You are a 5 min walk from the best beach on Koh Lanta and at night there are plenty of places to eat and drink.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Paris Hilton would no doubt say "eeew!" if she stayed at Eyes Lanta, but for me, it has that certain x-factor that I find appealing. We stayed in the highest cliff-top bungalow and the sunset views were to-die-for. The bungalow was definitely dodgy. No fly screens, the doors and windows dont operate properly and the plumbing sucks. Eyes Lanta certainly has a home-made DIY character about the building and landscaping, but in my eyes it all adds to the charm.

The call-to-prayer from the nearby mosque reminds you five times a day that this is a muslim island, but fear not, the staff and locals are friendly and hospitable. I would definitely stay there again.

Take some bug spray.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We booked for 4 nights in advance and extended our stay with one more night because we liked it there. We especially liked the beautifull view on the sea from the hill where the pool and the restaurant are situated. It is a quiet and relaxing place to watch the sunset and have a drink. We also liked the modern lounge atmosphere of the sitting areas with bean bags. As mentioned in previous reviews there were some defects, but nothing major. Unfortunately there is built an concrete apartment complex on the property next to Eyes Lanta which could spoil the quietness of the place.

Reviewed 9 December 2009

My girlfriend and I just got back from Thailand. Thankfully we only booked Eyes Lanta for a single night! I wanted to check out a couple different areas while in Lanta so I chose the center (near Phra Ae Beach) and the South (Klong Nin). Eyes Lanta has a decent website (considering most Thai sites are aweful). We got sucked in with some of the eye candy on the site. Looked and sounded amazing! Quite the opposite really... If we had booked our entire stay at Eyes Lanta, it would have ruined our trip. The Bungalows, while described to be "new," are broken down, rotting, sticky, rusty, stained and chock full of ants and mosquitoes.

Just one of the horror stories, there was an ant hill on the sofa. The ants got inside all of our electronics, several days later ants were still crawling around behind the lens on our video camera - not just a few hundreds if not thousands.

I read reviews before staying and went against the odds because I figured there wasn't enough reviews for a good consensus.

The other thing about Eyes, is that it's not cheap! For the room we rented it was $150 USD. Those who don't know, that usually gets you a more than respectable room in Thailand. Definitely not the case. Honestly I would have felt dissapointed if I got the same room, for $50 USD. It's just not worth it.

Lastly, I should mention you're not close to anything out there. There's no sandy beaches for a few miles, and restaurant and entertainment was minimum of 20 minutes drive.

1  Thank derekreeves