“Lovliest host on earth in this soul fulfilling beautiful resort!”
Review of Eyes Lanta Resort

and 1 more site!
Eyes Lanta Resort
Ranked #235 of 313 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Eyes lanta is a garden with artwork and asian garden decoration with bungalowsquite rustic well designed. A stair leads up to a beautiful mysterious glass building with a view that fills your soul with sunsets, sky and sea!
The host is so friendly and is shining with a kind of timid mild love. The stuff is all very nice to.
The design is qite clean (though some people complained a bit about the details not being perfect like paint missing and dirty windows). For us it was perfect. Cleaning is done quick and well every day. The aircon was fresh (Sometimes I get a running nose from bad aircon but this one was good)
We were supposed to stay for four days but stayed longer just because of the nice resort. We like swimming and the pool water was fresh and clean (our daugther swollowed quite a bit) This resort is good unless the child is very young and running around (since there are a quite steep cliff) but with our one year old who just begun to walk it was perfect.
Food is also very good. If you go to Lanta don´t miss this pearl.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 January 2011

This is the first time i write a review. I felt i had to because all the other reviews really made me fear the place. The most beautiful resort on the Island in my opinion! as good as La Lanta resort, and much better located.
The Villas are very big, with an absolute gorgeous panoramic view to the ocean. Extremely clean, and comfortable. The pool and restaurant area are beautiful and excellent food. The staff is super friendly and helpful! they all mostly speak English, and attend to every need you have. It was my frist time to Thailand. I pre book all the hotels in the different Islands via booking.com. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor, and i started getting very nervous. I started fearing i am going to arrive to horrible places, and that i will suffer through out the vacation. That wasn't the case at all. Every single place we stayed was just perfect! Eyes Lanta is simply beautiful. It's new, clean, and it felt like we were on honeymoon. We stayed four nights, and had a relaxing time. good sleep, and amazing views. We stayed in the Sea View Villa, and it is breath taking. I have fear of bugs and cocroaches, so the staff was kind and provided me with a spray repellant and killer of insects. Luckily i did not have to use it. Everyday the sprayed our room against mosquito's and put new towels. Their restuarant Thai cuisine is tasty! We miss it so much! wish we could stay a full week. I do not understand the complaints from people, as it is obvious you will encounter ants etc. when in a jungle. Koh Lanta Island is a big jungle. The beaches are not as nice as expected (we arrived there after Koh Phi Phi- crystal waters), but this place brought peace and harmony to our souls!!! we also took day trips to 4 Islands and it was magical.

I highly recommend this resort to everyone! to couples and families! a five star place in the middle of nature! 5 minute walk to amazing kantiag bay beach, and to why not bar if you want more than a quiet evening. We will never forget this wonderful expewrience and the friendly staff!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

It's been almost a year since we were here,and I'm writing this review because I truly wish we were there now.
When we first arrived I was quite disappointed. I imagined a short walk from our cabin down to a stunning beach,but could only see a rocky clifftop. When booking in we asked how far it was to the beach & local restaurants and were told a half hour taxi ride. Horror! As it turned out it is 5 mins walk to Kantiang Bay which is lovely,& the restaurants are great,particularly the marine park view.
Initial worries that there was nothing to do proved erroneous; we took a guided taxi tour of the island,saw the old town, long beach, klong khong & the southern tip at Sanga-u. Dinner at the viewpoint restaurant was worth it just for the stunning view.
We dived with Scubafish. Although expensive they were extremely professional;the dives at hin duang & hin muang on the speedboat were amazing!
So,back to Eyes Lanta. The cabin was basic,no room for hanging clothes,but sitting on the balcony watching the monkeys was fabulous. Don't leave anything out or they'll take it. They rifled through the cleaning basket whilst the maid was in our room!
The view from the pool is out of this world.180 degree vista across the Andaman sea to Ko Haa (5 islands).
We had a 'compulsary' new years eve gala dinner. They wanted to charge 2500 THB each (over £50) for the meal and some dancers & fire dancer, but we complained. The French chef Paul was very nice, and he persuaded the owner to halve the price plus throw in some champagne. It was a great meal and a memorable holiday.
One thing though, the web site shows a gorgeous spa, which is in Bangkok! They were in the process of building one at Eyes. Pretty misleading!
I would love to go back some day, they may have even finished building the Spa by now, although I would recommend walking down to the bay as the massages are much cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank Delfusilage
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We found this hotel after quite a few hours searching, the manager was really friendly and the resort was very unique. We stayed just two nights, the first was in a garden room which was ok but as some others have mentioned did suffer from mosquito's asked the manager for mosi coil and they brought right away. The second night we stayed in the ocean view which was fantastic. The room was a great size and the balcony was great with amazing views of sunset. The pool was fab and the day beds around the pool were great for a cold beer and chilling out. We found the hotel to be good value if in need of a bit of TLC but overall I would not hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Felt the need to add my first ever Trip Advisor post after being somewhat misled by some of the reviews on this resort. Arrived by boat into Ko Tiang Bay not knowing exactly where Eyes Lanta was located following the conflicting information from posts on here and Eyes Lanta’s website. Rang the manager on arrival who advised that it was a short walk away. It was indeed a short 5 minute walk up the road to the resort where we were met by charming staff and taken to our beautiful bungalow, far better than expected after reading posts on here. The highlight was the sunset view from the pool with the comfy sofas and cold beer.

Only stayed one night, but would love to have stayed longer. The staff were friendly and attentive, the location was breathtaking, the breakfast great and the accommodation, clean, quirky, charming and comfortable. Great restaurant called “Same Same but Different” for dinner by the beach and a couple of good bars nearby.

Only slight complaint would be the price. We paid £75 for a garden view, which whilst lovely I think a price closer to £50 would have been more suitable.

If you want identikit perfection than stay in the high rise 5 star properties of Phuket. If you want a beautiful, memorable experience, with a couple of rough edges then this place is ideal.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Firstly I am shocked by all the poor reviews this hotel has received. My husband and I have just spent 5 glorious nights there and think its absolutely superb. The pool and the views are the best on the island and the rooms are quirky and clean. What more do you need. People need to remember that this hotel is on an island in a developing country. You are a 5 min walk from the best beach on Koh Lanta and at night there are plenty of places to eat and drink.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Paris Hilton would no doubt say "eeew!" if she stayed at Eyes Lanta, but for me, it has that certain x-factor that I find appealing. We stayed in the highest cliff-top bungalow and the sunset views were to-die-for. The bungalow was definitely dodgy. No fly screens, the doors and windows dont operate properly and the plumbing sucks. Eyes Lanta certainly has a home-made DIY character about the building and landscaping, but in my eyes it all adds to the charm.

The call-to-prayer from the nearby mosque reminds you five times a day that this is a muslim island, but fear not, the staff and locals are friendly and hospitable. I would definitely stay there again.

Take some bug spray.