“Good budget option,”

SP Guesthouse & Tour
Ranked #269 of 336 Krabi Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Ignore the terrible reviews if you have stayed in cheap hostels in Asia before. Friendly staff, everything worked, TV, private bathroom, hot shower and cheap breakfast. Obviously the poor reviews have been written by people used to going on expensive holidays with mummy and daddy. I recommend this Hostel especially if you are passing through as they can organise buses to a number of destinations and they pick you up from right outside. Cheap and comfortable :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank WilliamRecord

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Have to say I'm surprised to see so many terrible reviews for this place. I stayed 1 night, having sorted it out at the bus station.

For 300 baht for the night with tv, fan, private bathroom & free wifi i really see nothing to complain about.

When I checked in staff were very friendly & the bed was pretty comfortable. If you want a hotel, pay a bit more & stay in one. If you want a comfortable room but a bit of privacy this place is fine...

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just read the other reviews. Same thing happened to us. We arrived late at night and the bus stop attendant suggested we stay here. Disgusting guesthouse. We honestly considered leaving even if they didn't refund our money because the smell of mold was so terrible. But we just left the A/C on and opened the window to get some fresh air. Not sure what else we could have done. Obviously, don't ever consider staying here if you have the option. If you end up here for a night... open the window and think happy thoughts. Best of luck! After this, I vowed never to stay anywhere unless I read multiple reviews or personally inspected the room we would be staying in.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah_Lynn_22
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Like other travellers I ended up here by accident, having arrived in town after midnight, and the hotel I had booked was all locked up and no one answering. My taxi driver brought me here. By now it was 2am so I really didn't have any other choice and decided just to go with the flow.
Don't need to go into too much detail, but here are the main points:
Dirty, smelly, noisy, uncomfortable, ugly, ants, opposite a brothel, overpriced, stained bed sheets, constantly dripping toilet so permanently wet bathroom floor. Im travelling alone, and although i like an adventure, i still wish to feel safe. A sleeping receptionist, and 6 locks on the bedroom door, definitely did not make me feel safe, so sleep quality was rubbish as I was anxious (and on the smelliest, hardest best ever). I stayed my 6 hour sentence, and now I'm in a much nicer, and cheaper place.
Avoid. Just awful.

Room Tip: Just don't bother.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I imagine that if you're reading this, you've found yourself in that disgusting place after pre-booking due to some unfortunate reason (ours was arriving to the remote Krabi bus station in the late evening). Because there is no way someone would agree to stay there after seeing what the rooms look like: stains all over the walls, door and bathroom, sewage stench from the sink, ants all over.

The reception guy kept pushing us buying from him a ticket to Koh Phi Phi even though we told him it isn't our next destination. He even didn't bother asking us how many nights we stay, since it is obvious nobody would stay there more than one night and only use this place as a jump off point to the next place. In the morning he woke us up knocking the door and shouting "Phi Phi!....Phi Phi Island!", when we told him we did not order a transfer to phi phi he was all surprised. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THAT PLACE?

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We ended up in this place after arriving late in Krabi's bus station. A guy offered us to take us to this place for 400 baht. we tought we had nothing to lose so we went for it.
When we arrived we received a fan room with a window to the staircase that every person could open and look at us from outside! The room had a bad smell and ants everywhere so we asked for a different room.
The second room was not much better. I was seriously afraid I won't wake up in the morning because of the horrible sewage smell that was coming from the bathroom! The room was very dirty with stains everywhere. At least the fan was big and did his job.
Also, the man in the reception looked very confused and weird. Like he had no idea what he is doing in that place.

There are many budget places in Krabi right in the center, so no reason to stay in this disgusting place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I habe been here for a total of 14 hours. Just Put my stuff in the room And went to the City Center - which is quite
Close. But thats by far The best about this Hostel.

Room was very shady, with mouldy Smell. I was coughing the whole Night. Scratching every Last Bit of my Skin.

That Stay wasn't worth The 300 baht i paid.

• Stayed: March 2013