ThaLane Bay Village - Villa Bua
- A secluded, tranquil resort by the bay, with spectacular, mesmerizing views and luxurious amenities! Resort staff are all friendly and helpful and their services excellent indeed!
- 5stars for its luxury, tranquility, service and value; 4stars overall.
In late Jan, our family of 6 including a 3-month old baby spent 4 fabulous nights in its large Villa-Bua, which is one of the 4 villas, all well hidden in this secluded paradise, known as ThaLane Bay Village! We enjoyed its tranquility; the pampering in luxury and
and superb service; had loads of fun in our excursions, too.
OUR WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES:
Our villa has 2 spacious master suites and a 3rd bedroom (no bathroom, though) in the charming attic! All rooms have spectacular views of our private pool outside of our rooms, a charming pond right below it, and the beautiful bay only less than 50yards beyond! Our villa also comes with a large living room, fully equipped kitchen; a gorgeous private pool and a covered sala (pavilion) by the pool-just a few steps outside of the rooms! The villa has a laptop and free WiFi. There are a few more pleasant surprises in the bedroom suites, too!
- The luxury and tranquility of the villa and its surroundings are beyond my ability to describe, one needs to personally experience it!
Daily FULL breakfast is included and served in your own villa! For any other meals, snacks or drinks, one can simply order off the resort menu. The resort staff will bring in the orders, set up the table either in the dining area or in your own spacious, beautifully appointed sala by the private pool, and they'll clean up afterwards! The menu selection is quite extensive, with comparable prices to outside mid-scale restaurants! If you want to learn how to cook Thai cuisine, they'll let you in the resort kitchen to observe and "help"! Our son and daughter did that and learned something!
- There are several excursions available. We enjoyed our leisure Longtail boatride (~2000B/day); the Speedboat ride (~8000/day) among the nearby incredible boulders/isles and gorgeous beaches. We also hired a resort van with driver and had fun at several atteactions.
- Yes, for 1200-1600B, the resort will provide a nice van with a driver for an entire day to take you to various attractions such as:
(a) Bangkram Wildlife Sanctuary in Khao Pra ($90B admission, with natural pools, waterfalls, woods and nature trails); the Hot Stream Waterfall Park (natural spa) in Ban Bang Khram in Khlong Thom.
(b) Interesting Krabi Night Market; the magnificent Ao-Nang Beach, and its famous night market in town.
ADDITIONAL NOTES - possibly useful:
1. ThaLane Bay has smaller villas at lower prices, too.
- Actually, even in a large villa, if you don't use one of the rooms, the price could be reduced.
2. From the Krabi airport, it takes ~45min car ride. It's recommended that you make prior arrangement with the resort for convenient pickup. (~1200baht per car)
- BTW: On the way from the airport, the driver can stop at a supermarket to pick up food/drink items for your kitchen, if desired.
3. Only the mgr and one other staff member can speak English. The drivers for the resort-van speak very little English. If you hire a van, do make the mgr to assure you that your driver clearly understands YOUR EXACT PLANS prior to leaving the resort (with the place and time schedule written down in both Eng and Thai on a piece of paper, if necessary).
4. Being in a secluded paradise, there is nothing in the vicinity outside of the resort other than a freeway and some local villages, well, except for a restauran-bar (Khao Thong Terrace) just
a few yards from the resort entrance.
- To us, it's perfect for relaxation in luxury and tranquility here! But, if you want excitements and sight-seeing, you can always book excursions through the resort.
5. There's no beach in this resort (- though every villa has its own pool, and the view of the bay is spectacular!) The boat rides can take you to gorgeous beaches.
6. Understandably, being in an isolated country side by the bay, there would be some bugs inside the villa.
- They do need to exterminate more frequently and thoroughly.
7. Breakfast is included. For other meals/snacks, if you don't want to cook, you can always order delicious Thai cuisine from the resort kitchen. The prices are comparable to most in town restaurants (~180+ Baht per dish).
8. You can make massage appointments with the maseur coming to your villa, at very reasonable prices! My wife and kids all enjoyed that.
We all had a great time here! You'll, too!
Peterskis3, Jan 2013
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tha Lane Bay Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tha Lane Bay Villas Krabi, Thailand