“Excellent little trip”

Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Suea)
Book In Advance
US$34.63*
and up
Krabi Jungle Tour Including Tiger Cave Temple, Crystal Pool and Krabi Hot Spring
US$168.53*
Full-Day City and Jungle Tour from Krabi
US$66.27*
Deluxe Jungle Tour to Tiger Cave Temple and Krabi Rainforest
Ranked #2 of 103 things to do in Krabi Town
More attraction details
Owner description: This temple complex not only serves as a religious site for the monks who live and worship there, but also features a maze of natural caves in an overgrown jungle valley where stone tools, pottery remains and the mold for making Buddha footprints have been excavated.
Brossard, QC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent little trip”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We've done this activities during a rainy day, it´s was a good and a bad idea.
Bad because we was soaked to the bone, and the view was definitively reduced.
Good because it´s was much more easy and cooler than under the sun.
Worth the effort. It´s really easy to go there on your own and the entrance it´s free.

• Arabic first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Really nice”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

It's definitely worth visiting this place especially if you like climbing stairs and sweating a bit. The views are awesome and the atmosphere up there is just calming and relaxing.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Do not limit your time.”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

There are 1237 steps to climb to the tiger cave temple. So many people can not go right to the top or if they do, have no time at the top because they are on a stupid schedule. Do not do this it is just not necessary. Get your hotel to organise a driver to take you there wait for three or four hours and bring you back. It will cost you THB700.00 $25.00. You can do the climb spend some time at the top and do the decent in three hours comfortably having an hour up your sleeve just takes the pressure off. Each person should carry a litre of water minimum. You can refill your bottle at the top. There is a convenience store at the bottom where you can buy water.
The day we did this was full moon in November we had planned to do it two days later getting up early and getting the climb over before it got too hot. But we woke up Loy Krathong morning and it was cool so we thought let's do it to day. Otherwise we had planned to book a taxi to collect us at 6.30 am. The run out to the caves is about 20 minutes. So the idea was to be up the top by 8am or thereabouts. I would not like to be doing this in 32 degree heat. The views from the top are quite special including the countryside and the river. The day we went up there was mist coming and going so that added to the atmosphere at the top. Probably a good time at the top would be 35 to 40minutes. There are monkeys hanging around at the bottom of the climb probably the first 100 steps or so. I am not a huge fan of scavenging monkeys. I carry my fold up sprung loaded umbrella with my finger on the button. They can steal cameras phones etc. they are not particularly aggressive. Just hold on to your stuff.

2 Thank Snabbu
Paderborn, Germany
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We went on an organised trip to the temple and all I can say is don't miss it! Make sure you allow enough time to climb to the top of the temple, all 1968 feet of it. I'm not going to lie, its a killer! It was very humid and the steps are very steep and narrow but once you get to the top its all worth while. I wouldn't recommend this for elderly or very small children.

carlsbad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breath taking! Literally and figuratively :)”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I did not spend any time on the ground, as our time was limited to 1hr 20min. We went straight to the stairs, all 1237 of them. Mind you, these are not normal stairs. Sizes, height and width vary greatly, so be careful! Speaking to others in the area, I found that most people in fact never reach the top as it is pretty strenuous. My, being an avid hiker had no problems, just some short water breaks and I was okay. My friend, with a sports history but bad ankle, also made it, eventually.

Let me tell you, it was totally worth it. All the hard work getting there becomes almost meditative for when u reach the top and see the big statute of Buddha overlooking the amazing views. Very few people hang out up there, so it's very quiet and peaceful. My only wish is that we had more time to drink it in. We spent most of our time going up and down the stairs...Oh, and watch out for monkeys, they have been known to steal bags and food!

1 Thank myra143