“Clean, good location and great staff...”

Andaman Legacy Guest House
Ranked #111 of 182 Hotels in Krabi Town
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Clean, good location and great staff...”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Andaman Legacy one night in April. The rooms were clean and the guest house is in a good location. Everything you need (night market, shops, river) is within walking distance. The wifi worked fine. The staff were great, they gave me lots of information and were very helpful with a taxi to the airport the next morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stumbled on this place after not pre-booking before arriving. I'm actually here now and after going through the Tripadvisor reviews before mine, I'm not sure what people are complaining about. My criteria for a good stay are clean, helpful staff (English not a requirement.. I'm in THEIR country!), safe, clean, a/c, and CLEAN. This place lives up to everything. The rooms are 500 Baht and you get shampoo, soaps, two towels, a TV, a/c, and a (relatively) comfy bed.

The staff are more than helpful. Although they don't really know how to explain how to get everywhere, they can generally point you in the right direction. They are super accommodating and I watched them help someone unhappy with their room to change to a different one.

Rooms are cleaned daily. I'm a solo traveler and never felt unsafe. Great location, out of the loud city center but close enough to walk. It's just a few minutes from the pier to catch a longboat to Rai Lay, and 5 - 10 minutes walk to the big night market.

This place is great; I'd definitely stay here again if I ever came back to Krabi.

I still can't figure out the negative reviews...

Room Tip: The nice rooms have balconies but are close to the street so I imagine they are loud at night. I had...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chrysann_s
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 18 February 2014

overall this was my only negative thai experience in Thailand or where else in Asia. The owner/receptionist is very unfriendly and negative. Always very cross and not honest. Totally different than the other Thai people I met. And the rooms are very dirty. You get bed sheets with holes in it. The shower is just filty with soap and hairs of the former room occupant. The airco doesn't work and you only have cold shower to shower with. Just awful ! Oh and just across your window there's a loud bar singing until 1 in the morning. Also this hotel is located at a very noisy road...

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank murni18

Travellers are raving about these Krabi Town hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I'll just lay down the good and the bad experiences during our (my friend and I) stay there the past 3 nights.
Good:
1) The room was clean, neat and tidy and no bed bugs.
2) We ran out of water in the shower at one point and had to go downstairs to alert the staff. It was fixed by the time I went back up to the room. (Good/bad is up to your own opinion... I just couldn't find any other points to add on)

Bad:
1) When we put the tag outside our door to have them make up our room, nothing was done and not even the rubbish was cleared! Kind of makes me wonder the point of having the tag in the first place.
2) Bathroom was dirty and the drain was clogged with sand and disgusting stuff (probably left by the previous user which they didn't clear).
3) They advertised having hot and cold shower but really, what you get is just cold water.
4) Before we went on the trip, we made a booking for a day tour.
On the day itself, we went out for breakfast before the pickup time and when I asked the female staff if she had seen any tour vans stop by, she didn't quite understand me so I gave her my voucher.
Upon realizing that it wasn't a tour I booked with her, she flared up and kept yelling that we should have booked with her instead since we are staying at her resort.
Instead of yelling at her customers, I think she could have been more tactful and said," how about booking with us next time? It'll be more convenient for you.." etc. The attitude we got was definitely not acceptable at all.

So I would highly recommend you to avoid staying here.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Skyzblue24
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We knew that the price would reflect the accomodation but were disappointed with the accomodation. However, for purposes of balanced review the positives were
* room available at last minute
* free wifi in reception
* walking distance from town
*air conditioning worked
Negatives were
* asked for twin room only double bed available
* noisy bar nearby, bad Thai reggae singer struck up his set at midnight for an hour and a half
* toilet cistern broken (was fixed when asked -positive!)
* damp leaking bathroom which stank of drains
* we think we picked up a bug here and were unwell for the rest of the holiday :-(
I've given you the facts - don't expect anything other than a bed to lay your head on.

Room Tip: I'm afraid I can't comment on this!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tiggywinkle71
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Booked through agoda and based on the pictures, thought I'd be staying in a clean and comfortable suite. Upon our arrival, we were checked into the basement suite, which was a floor below the main ground, little natural light, walls were extremely thin and could hear our neighbors the entire night so did not get any good nights rest. Bedding was dirty and stained and the room smelled of mold. Couldn't be more happy to leave the following day. The pictures advertised were NOTHING close to the rooms we were checked into, so not sure how they advertise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank csacha
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very clean and modern room! Krabi town itself was very quiet and there wasn't very much to do. The staff at the hotel are lovely especially the women on the reception they were always happy to help. There's 2 computers in reception which are free to use.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
#44 of 182 in Krabi Town
Baan Suan Resort
Baan Suan Resort
#12 of 15 in Chalong

Been to Andaman Legacy Guest House? Share your experiences!