Lowest prices for your stay
US$22
Free cancellation until 09/10/21
TravelocityUS$22
CheapTicketsUS$22
Orbitz.comUS$22
All reviews free coffee night market a small swimming pool perfect location walking street market middle of town short stroll restaurants and bars chinese village small town lake guesthouse mhs english motorcycle thailand pai
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Had been to Mae Hong Son 3 times before, but never had the chance to stay at Piya. this time I booked ahead. Upon arrival, room was immediately ready. Large room, ample space for 2 persons and has a couple of chairs and a table on the porch. Nice to sit , fresh cool air in december. Its location in very near to city centre, walking distance.

Only regrets was the landscaping, the grass wasnt cut, and plants looked like they havent been tended for quite sometime.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abg_Acid
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I was reccomended to stay at this place by a mate. The room was clean, hot wate,r air conditioning and free WIFI. I was given a nice welcome. The location, right on the lake means that after I parked the car I could walk every where in the town.

I left my phone there!!! When I called and asked if they would post it to me she said yes and would not let me pay for the posting.

I will visit again for sure

Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank Mikeheart
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Good place. Stayed only one night. AC works very well, same for internet. Across the lake downtown, so great location next to restaurants and the night market.

Shower was good. Rooms are outside around a garden. Nothing really bad to say.

No breakfast but plenty of places nearby.

Really, if this is in your price range, this is nothing fancy but it will deliver.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Francois S
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Had a very comfortable night here in January 2012, while doing the Mae Hong Son Loop bike trip. The place is nothing flash, the rooms are adequate and simply furnished. I must say that the gas powered hot water system delivered the best shower of my six week trip to Thailand. Best thing is the location, right in the middle of town next to the lake and the Wats. Good restaurants close by as well as a night market. The lady who showed me the room was very nice, lots of smiles and a good level of English. I consider that for 600b a night it was very good value.

Date of stay: January 2012
5  Thank marianman
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have reviewed this guest house previously,

Gone is the nice smiley informative lady with very good English, only to be replaced with somebody who wanted to check me in ASAP and get back to eating with friends in the adjoining area.

The room that I was shown to was not the same room as last time, it was dark and dingy, and obviously used as a store room as they had to take furniture out before we could get in.

The next morning the maid let herself into the room with her pass key at 8am without knocking, she obviously knew we were still in the room as the aircon was on and our shoes were on the mat outside the door, she achieved her objective as we got out of bed and left the guest house promptly.

I can only assume this guest house has changed hands.

Could be a nice guest house with a little effort.

Date of stay: September 2011