“Bad value”

Ranked #296 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Berlin
“Bad value”
Reviewed 7 September 2008

Its not worth the value, so many other hotels of good value in Patong, this is not one of them. OK budget rooms but for the money you pay, you can get better. No elevator, bad location, rooms well run-down, unfriendly staff. Sorry to say its not my choice and I will never return.

• Liked — Nothing I like
  • Disliked — Nothing I like
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled solo

Families
Chicago
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Best place to stay in Patong Beach. I have stayed here twice. After traveling the world I could not wait to return to Stoney Monday. The staff, location, amenities, room choices, and price make this hotel an easy selection. The staff was by far one of the best I experienced throughout Thailand. Everything was first class from airport transfers, motor bike rentals, information on the town, tours, and an exuberant lobby (please ring the bell at the lobby bar for me :), and don’t forget the staff climbed up a balcony to retrieve a small purse we dropped. Now that’s A+ service. The hotel and rooms were spotless, sometimes hard to find in Thailand. If you are lucky enough to have a special someone for an anniversary or just want to be romantic, upgrade to a specialty room. Overall Stoney Monday was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in Thailand. I wish I could return for my Honeymoon, but we will be back soon to stay here.
David~
Chicago, IL

• Liked — Location, Staff, Value
  • Disliked — Could not stay longer:)
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Honolulu HI
Reviewed 15 June 2008

I had been to Patong before and was looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay at. I booked the Stoney Monday Oasis based upon the price alone. When I got there I was quite surprised what a good find it was! My friend and I were greeted by the friendly hotel staff who had all my booking information ready for a quick and easy check-in. During the check-in process I was given free coupons good for the hotel's lobby bar, of which I took advantage and was able to get 2 beers on the house, along with either free minutes or a discounted sessions at the hotel's close by spa and massage place.
After checking in and freshening up I was able to book a white water rafting trip directly with the hotel staff that had a van pick my friend and I up in the morning right in front of the hotel. And there were other adventurous excursions that were offered through the hotel that were nicely displayed in a binder in each of the hotel rooms, giving information on just about everything to do and see in Phuket. It even had recommended hot spots with the names of the places and people to ask for to make you feel more welcomed.
The rooms were spacious and clean. I was lucky enough to get a corner room that had a great view of not only the ocean but also the mountains to the rear. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the beach and about a bit longer walk to get to the center of Patong Beach at Bangla Rd. Right across from the hotel I rented a motorbike one day and cruised around the southern part of Phuket Island.
But by far the best part of my stay at Stoney Monday Oasis was being able to meet it's owner Rell. He is funny as heck and very interested in making sure everyone in the hotel has a good time. He did that by having different events at the hotel on different nites. Such as Bar B Que's out in the lobby, for 200 or 300 baht , which is a great deal, one could fill up on either a big steak or beef sausages, or burgers, salads, veggies and the works. And if you wish for authentic Thai cuisine the hotel has a tasty restaurant too.
Not only does Rell help feed his hotel quests but quite often enjoys a few drinks with everyone at bar where his outgoing personality and his staff introduce everyone who is staying at the hotel to the others and no one feels like a stranger. When I was there it was routine for all the quest who wanted to go out on the town to meet in hotel lobby where the bar and pool table are and wait for everyone and then we would all go out together including the owner Rell at times.
As I mentioned before I had been to Phuket before and wanted to go out in Phang Nga Bay, well low and behold, Rell had scheduled a boat trip for the hotel guests that took us by air-con van to the harbour where we boarded Rell's power boat. I thought were would go to Phi Phi island like every other boat excursion in Phuket, but instead Rell had the captain find an isolated island in the bay that we could enjoy with just our party members on the beach all by ourselves to enjoy. And the hotel provided drinks and food all inclusive of a reasonable price.
The hotel is not the largest or the closest to Patong Beach, but the staff and owner made the time in Phuket the best!!!
Whenever I go back to Phuket I be sure and stay at this hotel.

• Liked — The friendly staff and owner
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank Latinaloha
Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2008

Stony Monday is a friendly, cheerful Oasis in the heart of Patong. It is a value for money hotel. The room and ensuite bathroom I had were modern, bright and clean. The staff greeted me by name,made me feel part of a club, and introduced me to other guests.

If you are intimindated by Patong there are plenty of activities within the hotel or ran by the hotel such a friendly bar, a pool table, special meal nights and boat cruises ran by the hotel. It is about a five minute walk from the beach.

• Liked — Size of room and bath room
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank BlueyAustralia
Japan
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Stayed with my girlfriend for 2 nights in Stoney Monday. To be honest the name attracted me at first. Staffs were extremely friendly and spoke good English. They were always smiling and willing to help. Nice little bar in the lobby with decor seats and a pool table. There was even a motorbike rental shop right infront of the Hotel that rented for 200baht for 72 hours. The rooms were cosy and clean. Seems they really paid attention to details. There's a cable TV with many channels, good hot shower with strong water pressure, free bottle of water in the mini fridge, and a safe locker. There's also a list on the wall that stated the price for 'souveniers' in the room, like remote control, chair, bed sheet, etc. I got the room for a mere 500baht a day, and they also included free breakfast, and a complimentary ride to the airport! A word of advice is, to stay in the 2nd floor, as walking up to the 3rd and 4th will sometimes be too tiring. Not much of a view of patong beach, but it's a quiet place among the mayhem of Phuket. Strongly recommend this place for first timers!

• Liked — The great staff, quiet location
  • Disliked — Can't think of any
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whathef
Olympia, WA.
Reviewed 23 May 2008

This wasn't my first stay. I booked by phone. The staff at Stoney Monday always does everything that they can to make each visit as comfortable as possible. I'll stay again. And more, I've recommended this hotel repeatedly to all my friends. Good luck, safe travels, and I hope to see you there. Dave G. USA

Stayed May 2008
Dublin
Reviewed 22 May 2008

I initially booked for 2 nights, but ended up staying for 5. The sfaff were extremely friendly and helpful. Clean rooms and good value for money. They even give a one-way free taxi ride to or from the airport, which was pretty handy. Would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice clean room at a price thats right.

• Liked — Price & Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — View from room
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo