Lamai Hotel
Amata Patong(Patong)
  • Pool
Tony Resort(Patong)
  • Pool
All reviewswalking distance to bangla roadfront desk staffbudget hotelwifimassagebalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I am currently typing this article while staying in this hotel. The hotel itself is clean overall, i do like that they have a PC and printer in the room, the pc also has a webcam attached. Presently the elevator is broken though, but being on the second floor its not so bad. They give a nice big tv and the location is a pretty decent one. My only drawback, so far, is that this morning i awoke and laid in bed a bit, and found a bed bug crawling on the sheets. I did notice spots on sheets when i first came into the room and did my bed bug check with flash light on everything near the bed and didnt find anything. But it concerned me i found some this morning. You also occasionally hear some noise from the street, but i think that can depend on your room, i am on a corner room that is closer and i hear some of the traffic so far.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed at Lamai hotel in Sweet Suite for 4 nights in september 2012 went to pattaya for a week then returned for 4 nights left for 1 night and came back for a further 6.

I booked using agoda through trip advisor.

The room was very clean, large neat and tidy looked like a honeymoon suite flowers and rose petals everywhere. Was serviced daily with fresh sheets and towels. The minibar fridge was virtually street prices and the AC worked well apart from 1 day when i started leaking water the staff at the bar and restaurant also do the maintenance and came up straight away to sort it out.Room has nice big plasma TV a PC and printer all worked well but hotel has free wifi anyway that worked well for your phone or laptop.

The staff were really good and helpfull. The location is great, very central for Patong. everything you need is just meters outside the front door close to all things patong beach has to offer Bangla, Beach, Jung Ceylon, Otop Markets, all within walking distance. Hotel also has scooter hire 200 baht/day you can find cheaper but for convenience and parking was easy.

Breakfast included in my room price had 4 western options big American breakfast bacon eggs etc and 5 thai style dishes only had it a few times slept in most days !. Had a few meals at restaurant was pretty good.

***(copied from previous review as this sums it up perfectly, its a good smoking area)***The rooftop garden is a bit of a non-event. I only went there because I was staying on that floor. In the whole week I was there I saw not one single other guest go up there. It's simply too HOT in the day time.. But great at night to look out over the hustle and bustle of the streets below, once the sun goes down. With a pool this hotel would be almost perfect. Without a pool, it's very good.

I would defiantly stay here again .

Room Tip: If booking a sweet suite get 501 or 502 these are the only 2 rooms on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at Lamai hotel in Sweet Suite for 7 nights in July 2012 as first week of a two week holiday. Considering I paid for 7 nights less than 1/4 of what I paid for 6 nights at HIR down the road… the Lamai Hotel was a fantastic little hotel. Not a resort-style fancy hotel with all the trimmings. And still 80% of the resort "trimmings" without the resort-style price.

I booked online via their website and it was a little confusing when you're used to booking through major chain hotels or the big reseller sites. I got an email back but it was unclear if the reservation was actually made or not. I rang to confirm the next day and the kind young lady I spoke to was not sure either and my lack of Thai language did not help. A follow up email and reply from Lamai clarified that I had made correct reservation, and it had been accepted and I was booked in. Next time I will just ring them directly I think and book over the phone.

The room was very clean, neat and tidy. Was serviced daily with fresh sheets and towels. The minibar fridge was virtually street prices and the AC was amazingly efficient. Room very spacious. The curtains were very good at blocking out the light and letting me sleep in when I wanted to. Big plasma TV very good also. Did not use the PC or printer etc. Was older machine running Win XP, and I had my own laptop anyway. Frankly I would have preferred the extra desk space that the computer took up. But it's a very minor quibble. And I knew before booking how the rooms were laid out.

The staff were super friendly and created great family atmosphere that's great when staying in smaller non-chain hotels. The location is great, very central for Patong. everything you need is just meters outside the front door.

I had breakfast included in my room price but if it was not, I would have gone elsewhere to be honest. The food was very nice, but nothing spectacular and you can get better for cheap cheap at dozens of places nearby IMO. The restaurant seemed very popular during the day and at night for lunch/dinner though, lots of passing trade and the food looked good when I was walking past.

I love the open nature of the bottom floor foyer/restaurant area. Right on the street, right in the middle of it all. Would often order another coffee after breakfast and just sit and watch the passing parade, hang out with the staff.

The free WiFi was amazingly good. Better than my service at home. Rock solid and it simply worked all day everyday… I used iPhone, iPad and MacBook all without issue. Skype over WiFi was crystal clear. Where I am staying now and paying 4x the price could learn a LOT from how Lamai does it's WiFi.

I was sad to leave Lamai hotel even though week two of my trip was 5-star wing at Holiday Inn Resort. Same planet, different worlds. Lamai Hotel has the feel of a travellers hotel, real people, genuine staff, family atmosphere.

I will definitely be back to stay at the Lamai Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank wiggum55
Reviewed 29 July 2012

As per what to previous reviewers had said, rooms here are big, with PC, Wifi, printer and a Large TV avail in room. Did not have any noise problem from the street. Receptionist can't be bothered!
Did not try the restaurant as I understand the price were little expensive. The popular Let's relax spa is just two blocks away, 5 mins walking distance to Jungceylon and Bangla road, restaurants ant 10 mins walk to the beach!
Will recommend to anyone who needs a short stay while on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank goncalves
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel doesn't have the bells and whistles of a resort, but is in a great location only a short stroll to Jungceylon Shopping Mall and Bangla Road. The rooms are exceptional, very big with free use of a desktop computer with large screen, printer and internet. There are a lot of guys taking back thai girls to this hotel, but if this doesn't bother you then it's a great budget option with better than average rooms. I would stay there again for sure. The motor bike rental is cheap and hassle free. I'd rather book there than try elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo