“Helpful staff. Quiet Location.”
Review of Lamai Hotel

Lamai Hotel
Ranked #249 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Cairns
“Helpful staff. Quiet Location.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed in on the top floor 18-28/07/2014 in one of the "Sweet Suites" and my brother had the other for 6 days. The rest of the top floor we had to ourselves as there is only a large patio/sundeck occupying the rest of the floor. The rooms were a good size with a good sized bathroom including bathtub. The air conditioning is very effective but the computer would have bouts of not being able to access the internet. I overcame this by just logging my tablet and phone into the wifi and using my own laptop. The food is tasty but at hotel prices (Thai style) and that's before the 10% service charge plus 7% V.A.T. Coming from Australia however, the prices were still worth me ordering room service and eating in the restaurant on several occasions. My favourite part of the stay was the friendly and helpful staff but I will probably make more of an effort to go out for food on my next trip.

Room Tip: The "Sweet Suites" are good sized room. 2 suites on the top floor then the rest is a large...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I decided to stop at this hotel for their low room prices. I would say that the room is as per the price so no big surprised on this aspect. But, the bad surpised was coming from the staff which was surprisingly not friendly at all. I tasted the food once and it was not very good.
It is usual practice to give complimentary water bottles in hotels, not here i've been charged for small mineral water bottles and also nescafe.
To summarize, I would say if you dont have any money and you want to stay in patong, that's a right place but you need a bit more, At least a smile, Avoid it

Room Tip: the sweet suites are only a joke despite an access to huge horrible terrace
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Yann_Fanch_68

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have just returned from a months stay at this hotel.
Booked because it was central to all things and each room had a balcony. Booked on the advice of local Flight Centre.
Unfriendly customer reception on arrival. Hotel very dated although it appeared clean. Balcony narrow and unusable and dirty.
Permanent wi fi was poor and unreliable. Wi fi broke down and hotel appeared reluctant to reconnect informing us it might be unavailable for at least five days. After regular complaints it was reconnected four days later.
Mid week as a result of attack by blood letting insects in large numbers a room change was asked for. Response to the request was not received with good grace although once holiday rep was contacted it was achieved.
The room was fumigated although mattresses were left on main stairway for duration of our stay. Room was cleaned every day and clean threadbare towels left in place.
Hotel not cheap by any standards.
Prices tended to have 4per cent stuck on for use of credit card 3per cent local tax and 3per cent plus service charge.
Much better accommodation in same locality and cheaper.
Roof terrace untidy and well past its best.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Plenty of accommodation nearby and of much higher standard, for less money.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KGSmas
Field, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine and I just spent 4 nights at Lamai Hotel. The location is great, close to everything you could ever need. Our room was very nice, quite big and well cleaned, it even came fully stocked with a variety of things all for an additional charge of course. We asked the front desk to remove the extra items so we could go to the store and purchase our own supplies. I only have two negatives about this hotel, the first being the price on their menu, you can walk less than 5 min down the road to the markets and eat an amazing meal for half the price and have a lot more options. The only other thing I would say they could improve on is their customer service. The front desk staff seemed less than friendly and acted as if they would rather be elsewhere. On more than one occasion I stood at the desk waiting for assistance while the agent was texting on her cell phone or joking with a coworker. Don't even dare to say excuse me (politely) because you will get the look from hell, as if you were disturbing them from something more important. Like I said the hotel and location were wonderful but the staff at the front desk, not so much. Everyone else that we met that worked there appeared friendly enough. I wouldn't go back personally based on the service alone, nor would I recommend to family or friends.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank vacatime81
Moonta, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have been to Patong 6 times and the last 5 times have stayed at this hotel. The rooms are always clean, staff very friendly. I have even met the owner late one night on my last trip and she was very happy to say hello to me. 24 hour room service is a bonus. Very close to everything including the beach and Jungceylon Shopping complex and 10 minute walk to Bangala Rd. No pool but anyways I wouldn't stay anywhere else and will be back again. Look forward to seeing all the staff again

Room Tip: if you don't like noise don't get a room at the front of the hotel, personally I dont mind i...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank moontafella
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a couple of weeks based on area close to Bangla Road and budget price.Loved being close to the Jungceylon for shopping and food. The rooms were of average size but had everything you need. My only minus points was the cold customer service from reception staff and the many insects and small bugs crawling over the bed. The roof terrace has seen better days and could do with a clean. The reception staff did manage a smile in the last few days of my stay. Try asking for a room away from the front of hotel as it's quite noisy at the front.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Henry T
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel but the massage & beauty shop attached was recommended to us. We had the BEST massage in Patong. Wish we had discovered them earlier in our trip. We had two pedicures & manicures which were both fantastic and professional and two massages. Would definitely check them out in your stay in Patong. The massages were 500 Baht and pedicure & manicure 400 Baht. A little more expensive than other massage places but SO worth it :)

Professional & friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends