Summer Breeze Hotel
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$109
Agoda.com
US$130
US$103
Patong Merlin Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$136
US$122
US$113
Marriott Hotels
All reviewssoi san sabaithe penthousebangla roadpatong beachhome away from homeno elevatorthai and western foodpleasure of stayingrooms are cleanhotel barfriendly hotellaundry servicequiet at nightbangla rdlight sleeperroom cleaningfantastic stay
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Weel, my third time in Patong and the second time in Summer Breeze. My only regret? I'd say not staying there the first 2 times.
The first 2 times I went to Patong I also had the (wrongful) idea that it's important to stay in this big resort full of amenities that in fact you almost don't use and/or enjoy. I had that idea from traveling often to the Caribe where you fully "live" in the resort. As to Patong... forget this "dogma". You live 95% of the time outside the hotel and the 5% of the time you're at the hotel all you need you get in Summer Breeze.
Clean rooms (in my case always waking up kinda late and still the patient housekeepers cleaned my suite everyday), enough snacks and drinks in the fridge (yes, a big fridge where you can also store your own stuff!!!), comfy bed, very organized suite as to air conditioned, fan and furniture display, free room safe, free wireless internet... I mean, not luxurious but the rooms are agreeable in all aspects.
As to the restaurant, EXCELLENT food. Either the fabulous Italian style "Spaghetti Al Fruti di Mare", from magnificent Thai food, to a great stake, it's very well cooked and the service is priceless. Also the breakfast (even at 3:00 pm, which was important for me!) is fabulous. Despite the pre-arranged menu, you simply can ask for what you wish at that time!
Enough with trivial issues as these and going to the most important feature at the Summer Breeze Hotel: It's staff! As said, other than staff they are more like family and good friends! Stayed there for a couple of weeks this time and still most of the people there still remembered me from last time (2 years ago!). Bill really is a great host and all people working there follow his path. You have genuine good relationship with them all and you simply don't want to leave! I had to postpone my return for another 4 days because i really didn't want ever to leave there.
This time I went and for sure later this year and the following times, I shall never even consider another hotel in Patong. I arrived to Portugal a few days ago and I can't wait to go back not only for the great place for holiday this beach is but also and in great part, to see my good friends again in Summer Breeze. I miss them already! See ya soon!

Room Tip: Summer Suite for sure!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Just returned from a 2 week stay here, must say that it was a great trip made more enjoyable by the excellent staff and owner.
The hotel is more than you can ask for when staying close to the nightlife of Patong.
Clean and comfortable,like coming home after a night out.

The staff is really why this hotel shines! From the maids to the host, I have never been more welcomed in a hotel EVER! Food was excellent and well priced.
I will return very soon, just have to find time away from work.
Thanks to the Summer Breeze for making my trip the best.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I phoned at 9:30pm Darwin the night before I arrived there to arrange a pickup with a driver.
I used Skype from Australia and the call cost $0.58c.
No problem. We talk, me with slow English and she with a good understanding if I speak slow.
This is very good. They speak my language.
This is more of the Summer Breeze Hotel good service.
Take my tip and be patient if you only speak English.
Remember it is not their first language.

I look forward to being collected at my flight which arrives at 14:10 (2:10pm she repeated back). Last time I arranged a pickup it worked out really well.

I arrived at the Summer Breeze Hotel after quite a long time in transit.
I had a delay getting out of Bali which meant the Phuket pick-up driver was also held up.
Everyone's driver was held up.
But he was fine about it and I tipped him so he was happy.

I got to the actual hotel around 4pm, which is a great time to arrive.
I had travelled from Darwin through Bali to get to the SBH and it felt great to walk into my room and relax. One of the staff was on my floor and she remembered me from last time so we had a bit of a chat. The people who work here (almost all are female) are very friendly and welcoming and warm towards me. It's a very relaxing place.

My room was pretty much spotless and on the top floor (which I asked for) and nice and quiet.
I took myself out for dinner to an Italian restaurant after having been to the 24-hour mini mart that is about 30 metres from the front of the SBH (to the left) to get some supplies such as beer, plain soda water for my Jack Daniels, toothpaste, toothbrush and shaver.
I tend to buy those each trip rather than taking them from home.
I also saw the owner (Bill) around then and he recognised me from last time and said Hello, etc. If you want to stay in the Patong area, the SBH is a great choice. It's central to everything.

After a very long day I was quite exhausted but unable to sleep after dinner so I ventured out again and sat in a bar on Bang La Street (the main action is there) and just watched the passing crowd. Then I felt very weary and went to my room and slept like a log.

The next day I woke up feeling a lot better and had breakfast downstairs at the SBH at around 9am. Try the Summer Breeze omelette. It's quite good and does not weigh you down, unlike some other breakfasts where you feel heavy afterwards. I had the SBH omelette (includes toast, jam, etc) and an extra coffee and it was 195THB (a bit less than $7).

A beer there at the bar is approx 70THB ($2.30). I think they have a Happy Hour where it's even cheaper.

On the first day I was looking for Nicky's Handlebar Hotel for lunch which has a motorbike theme. I got the address from their website and they said it's right next to the Patong Post Office. I was on the way out of the SBH and there were some of the housekeepers in the doorway of a room on my floor. I asked them what is the Thai word for post office. One said passa-nee (don't hold me for the spelling). Another said Pasadena. I got confused and we were laughing so I said passa-nee-a ?? They corrected me and said she had been joking about Pasadena. So, there you go. They have a sense of humour and love to have a chat and a laugh with the guests. Everybody is happy there. You could say it is 'the Hotel of Smiles'.

I put some laundry in at 9am on the first day and it came back at 5pm.
I was sitting in my room using the free WiFi internet connection and there was a knock on the door. Someone called out "Hello Paul" and I said "Just a minute" and opened the door and there was one of the staff delivering my shirt and shorts and sox on coathangers, all clean and pressed. And Yes, she was smiling as well.

I recommend it for any traveller who is in the Patong area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2011

To me a great holiday is about enjoying a totally unique and amazing new culture while still feeling completely welcome and enriched by the environment. Thailand is an amazing place, one of the most beautiful countries in the world!!! The trip might have been really confronting because of the cultural differences between my country and theirs (I am American). This was absolutely not the case, thanks to The Summer Breeze Hotel in Patong Beach. From the minute my husband and I stepped out of the cab (supplied by the hotel from the airport) we were greeted by the warmest, kindest an friendliest staff I've even encountered (not to mention the most beautiful)! It was incredible. We made friends that feel like family now. The hotel was clean, secure and so inviting. The restaurant serves some of the best food and cocktails we had throughout Thailand. We can hardly wait to return!!! Thank you to the proprietor, Bill Harris, for creating such an amazing atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and special. For anyone reading this review, may I just say a visit to the Bogie Bar at The Summer Breeze Hotel will not disappoint! Be prepared to feel like a real local while being treated like royalty! Thank you Summer Breeze Hotel!!! We hope to see you all again soon! Lots of love Katie and Mitchell

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

You can not find a more friendly bunch of staff, by the 2nd day you will know most of the staff by name and they will know yours. There attention does not just pertain to your stay in there hotel, they lookout for your time spent in and around phuket/patong, you will feel very safe and secure knowing your valuables will be safe. The food is also very good, the bar in the lobby creates a perfect meeting place to rendezvous before a night on the town. The location may be the best attribute, a couple short blocks from the middle of the action! I'll plan on making this a yearly stop when visiting thailand.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends