“Better than 5 star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 396 Patong B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Better than 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Normally an Intercontinental and at least Marriot stayer. Attended Thai New year 2013 with my wife and wanted to be in the action. Had read reviews of this little secret gem and decided to resort back to 'timeshare' resort style living with big space to lounge around. Booked early to attain the 'penthouse' at under $100 per night. Arrival was airport pickup and cheaper price than taxi fare. Very warm welcome from Nat and (mam) with cool drink. Quick to the room but up 4 levels of stairs - no lifts. Kitsch room displayed with mural paintouts on website was painted out in all white. Disapointing but the corridors were still painted in tropical murals. The room was huge. Complete length of the front of the hotel overlooking Soi Sansabai. 50 meters to Bangla road or Jungceylon shopping. Big bedroom with American King bed and ensuite ( basic but with bidet). Seperate room entrance and luggage area and huge lounge with kitchenette, full size fridge and tastefully decorated. The amount of room space was invaluable for our constant in and out stay. A big room area is easier to maintain and stay clean and tidy. Rooms are impeccably cleaned and serviced every day. Full size TV's, double air conditioning, wall fans, ceiling fans, no problem keeping ambient temperature in your retreat. Another surprise was that the food area of the hotel was comparable to anything available in phuket and became the choice for breakfast and some dinners. The chef is world class with food presentation, taste and safe eating. Bar is fun as the tourists in the know congregate here telling stories and enjoying the bar staff interactions. This hotel is certainly the most friendly place in Phuket and if you can accept a 3 star hotel stay that is presented, serviced and committed to their guests above a five star standard then stay here. You could not be disappointed and I highly recommend Summer Breeze. Sorry I missed you Bill but I understand why you exited during SongKran.

Room Tip: Penthouse is what you want, book very early or take a suite for big personal space. Rooms along the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

As far as places to stay in Patong goes, the Summer Breeze is up amongst the best. Its location on Soi Sansabai is central to everything, with the Jung Ceylon shopping mall just around the corner and the hectic nightlife of the Bangla Road across the road from that. The Tai Pan nightclub is at the end of Sansabai and the beach is at the end of Bangla. So you couldn't better the position of the Summer Breeze.

Anyway, it's fine being in the best place, but no good if the hotel isn't up to much. No worries with the Summer Breeze. The staff are great and look after you like you were one of them. Their friendly, welcoming attitude puts you at ease straight away and my stay of around two weeks was a pleasure. They all did their utmost to look after me, from the domestic staff to the reception and bar staff. Even at night, the security man makes sure you are safe and keeps a check on visitors.

The rooms vary in size but all are comfortable with big double beds. All have free water and mine had complimentary tea and coffee which I think every hotel should provide. I used the laundry service frequently and it always came back cleaned and ironed within a few hours. My room was quiet and even though so close to Bangla, the noise never penetrated enough to disturb me.

The food at the Summer Breeze is always freshly cooked and tasty. It's great to be able to sit looking out into the soi whilst you eat breakfast, watching the people walk past. At night the soi comes alive with tourists and bargirls, all heading for Bangla as Sansabai is the main parking area for motorbikes.

The American owner has created a small hotel with a big reputation. There are plenty of nearby hotels in Soi Sansabai, but they all lack the family-style friendliness of the Summer Breeze and the way that the staff look after you makes you feel very different to just being another 'guest at a hotel'.

I'll be going back anyway.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, avoid the top floor...there are seventy two steps...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This review is long over due but definitely necessary. My friend and I took a girls trip to Thailand in May of 2011. As many women would be, traveling by themselves, we were worried about the overall safety and location of the hotel. Outside of cleanliness, good food and great location Hotel Summer Breeze fulfilled requirements I didn't even know I had. It is located a block from the night life and two blocks from the beach. The mall Jung Cylon is right around the corner with Tuks Tuks parked right in front in case you need a ride anywhere. Bill (the owner),Somsak (the night bartender-security) and all the female staff from the front desk, bar and restaurant to the maid service were outstanding. Bill helped us with the in and outs of how to bargain prices and what to do and not do as far as rentals on the beach or having people trying to take us places at night for a price. Somsak always checked on us and made sure that we were in for the night and safe. The ladies at the front desk were great at getting us deals for our excursions as well as relaying messages to us from the rest of our party. Our trip was two weeks long and there were days we just hung out at the hotel because it was comfortable, friendly and safe. Everyone made me feel at home. My friend and I enjoyed our experience there so much that we planned our next trip back before we even left the country. We returned the following May of 2012 with four more people. I'm happy to say the experience was just as unforgettable as the first. Our four friends felt the same and are excited to return in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Summer Breeze Hotel is a fantastic place to stay. Upon arrival I was greeted by name and within a few hours all of the staff were calling me by name.

As several other reviews have outlined, the staff at Summer Breeze truly make you feel welcome and at home and it is truly genuine.

The room met all of my needs and was super clean. The location is perfect and within walking distance to almost everything. I especially enjoyed having breakfest in the morning in the open air area and just watching people pass by on the street.

The owner (Bill) is very much on top of daily operations and interacts with his staff and guest throughout the day. Several times during my stay he took the time to come over and talk to me and make sure I was happy with everything. Bill was also very helpful with providing tips and suggestions on the local attractions.

I ate several meals at the hotel during my stay and they all were outstanding! Everything was always fresh and the Thai food was superb..

I highly recommend the Summer Breeze and can't wait to stay again, hopefully in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Abbot27
Patong, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I arrived at 4 in the morning and the two ladies who greeted me were smiling and happy to see me. They poured me a glass of apple juice, and cheerfully laughed with me as i butchered their language. Anyway, since i have been here it has been a storm of cool people coming through the open air bar in the lobby. I have been here a week and have many new friends, just from hanging out in the bar. The food is excellent, and the staff are friendlier than any place i have ever been. They smile and joke with you every time you see them. If you want a clean, friendly place that is the center of a really cool social web, this is it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

The Summer Breeze Hotel is a place to call home. The staff is incredible! Each and every one of the staff is genuine and nice as they get to know each guest. By morning number two they knew my coffee drink and just how I like to have it made. When you are greeted with these beautiful smiles and genuine friendship each day becomes better than the next. I can only hope to take some of this beautiful Thai attitude back to America.

Yes, the hotel itself is fabulous. The rooms are big, clean and quite and the food is delicious or alloy mach as they say here in Thailand. I've slept soundly each night waking up to go downstairs to smile at yet another day in Thailand. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to stay here and I look forward to my next trip and my next stay at the Summer Breeze Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

The hotel is in what i would say is the perfect position. Close enough to all the action, but far enough away to sleep well. The high highlight of this hotel is the staff. I have never stayed in a hotel where all the staff know you by first name basis and would bend over backwards to help in any way. The owner Bill is a fantastic gentleman and makes his guests the the number priority. The food is fantastic and well priced. Before i left i re booked for my next holiday as i could not imagine staying anywhere else. Kob Khun Krab to all the staff for making my holiday so special.

Room Tip: All rooms are good I had a superior suite but next time i am going for the standard room its just as...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo