“great place to stay in patong”

Summer Breeze Hotel
Ranked #3 of 411 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel offers the best value for money in the heart of the action.
The owner and staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome .The food makes it unnecessary to eat anywhere else. The cleanliness is up to the best anywhere and prices are extremely inexpensive
As a seasoned travelling couple would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: choose a summer suite at the rear for a quiet room and first or second floor as no lift
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I'm at the airport and am waiting for my flight back to Perth. Sitting here I had to reflect on the past two weeks. I arrived in Phucket on the 16th of May and stayed for 10 fantastic days.From the moment you arrive you are greeted by smiling faces and a quick glance around tells you that this is a bar "where everyone knows your name". The hotel is small but what it lacks in size it makes it up with friendly excellent service from the room staff to the kitchen staff.
For someone like me traveling alone, this place was a God send. There are always friendly people at the bar and was introduced to a couple of single travelers who became friends and experienced adventures together. The guy that introduced us I found out later was one of the owners. Bill. He shouted us drinks as well. ( it the little things like that ). It was always interesting to sit at the bar in the evening having dinner as the bar would fill up with people who stayed at different hotels around ours. One guy was there every evening and said he had a drink at his hotel bar and said there was no atmosphere there.
I recommend the Summer Breeze Patong to anyone. ***** FIVE STARS from me.
Leaving Patong, I stayed at the Indre Regent and it was so opposite to where I'd been for the past 10 days, It was terrible. from the moment of check in I had to deal with rude check in staff, no one smiled, I was passed over by three different staff and took about 25 minutes to give me a room. Then I was told there is no wi - fi on my floor. In this day and age I think that is appalling. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Because it virtually in the heart of Patong on the street rooms might be a little noisy, ask for a b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have stayed in many properties in Patong but, value for money, location (very close to Jung Ceylon) and amenities, must rate this number one. The attention to detail, room sizes and cleanliness are all exceptional. The staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Our compliments to Bill and his staff for the fantastic job they do. If you want to really spoil yourself be sure and book a suite but bear in mind there is no elevator so try for 1st or 2nd floor.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Had awesome stay at Summerbreeze . Great staff from the hotel mgr Ling to Nan who took care of all my activities and Piw and Somsak The night mgrs. they couldn't do enough. Great hotel right in the heart of patong . Can't say enough . If you go to patong Summerbreeze is the place.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Normally an Intercontinental and at least Marriot stayer. Attended Thai New year 2013 with my wife and wanted to be in the action. Had read reviews of this little secret gem and decided to resort back to 'timeshare' resort style living with big space to lounge around. Booked early to attain the 'penthouse' at under $100 per night. Arrival was airport pickup and cheaper price than taxi fare. Very warm welcome from Nat and (mam) with cool drink. Quick to the room but up 4 levels of stairs - no lifts. Kitsch room displayed with mural paintouts on website was painted out in all white. Disapointing but the corridors were still painted in tropical murals. The room was huge. Complete length of the front of the hotel overlooking Soi Sansabai. 50 meters to Bangla road or Jungceylon shopping. Big bedroom with American King bed and ensuite ( basic but with bidet). Seperate room entrance and luggage area and huge lounge with kitchenette, full size fridge and tastefully decorated. The amount of room space was invaluable for our constant in and out stay. A big room area is easier to maintain and stay clean and tidy. Rooms are impeccably cleaned and serviced every day. Full size TV's, double air conditioning, wall fans, ceiling fans, no problem keeping ambient temperature in your retreat. Another surprise was that the food area of the hotel was comparable to anything available in phuket and became the choice for breakfast and some dinners. The chef is world class with food presentation, taste and safe eating. Bar is fun as the tourists in the know congregate here telling stories and enjoying the bar staff interactions. This hotel is certainly the most friendly place in Phuket and if you can accept a 3 star hotel stay that is presented, serviced and committed to their guests above a five star standard then stay here. You could not be disappointed and I highly recommend Summer Breeze. Sorry I missed you Bill but I understand why you exited during SongKran.

Room Tip: Penthouse is what you want, book very early or take a suite for big personal space. Rooms along the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

As far as places to stay in Patong goes, the Summer Breeze is up amongst the best. Its location on Soi Sansabai is central to everything, with the Jung Ceylon shopping mall just around the corner and the hectic nightlife of the Bangla Road across the road from that. The Tai Pan nightclub is at the end of Sansabai and the beach is at the end of Bangla. So you couldn't better the position of the Summer Breeze.

Anyway, it's fine being in the best place, but no good if the hotel isn't up to much. No worries with the Summer Breeze. The staff are great and look after you like you were one of them. Their friendly, welcoming attitude puts you at ease straight away and my stay of around two weeks was a pleasure. They all did their utmost to look after me, from the domestic staff to the reception and bar staff. Even at night, the security man makes sure you are safe and keeps a check on visitors.

The rooms vary in size but all are comfortable with big double beds. All have free water and mine had complimentary tea and coffee which I think every hotel should provide. I used the laundry service frequently and it always came back cleaned and ironed within a few hours. My room was quiet and even though so close to Bangla, the noise never penetrated enough to disturb me.

The food at the Summer Breeze is always freshly cooked and tasty. It's great to be able to sit looking out into the soi whilst you eat breakfast, watching the people walk past. At night the soi comes alive with tourists and bargirls, all heading for Bangla as Sansabai is the main parking area for motorbikes.

The American owner has created a small hotel with a big reputation. There are plenty of nearby hotels in Soi Sansabai, but they all lack the family-style friendliness of the Summer Breeze and the way that the staff look after you makes you feel very different to just being another 'guest at a hotel'.

I'll be going back anyway.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, avoid the top floor...there are seventy two steps...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This review is long over due but definitely necessary. My friend and I took a girls trip to Thailand in May of 2011. As many women would be, traveling by themselves, we were worried about the overall safety and location of the hotel. Outside of cleanliness, good food and great location Hotel Summer Breeze fulfilled requirements I didn't even know I had. It is located a block from the night life and two blocks from the beach. The mall Jung Cylon is right around the corner with Tuks Tuks parked right in front in case you need a ride anywhere. Bill (the owner),Somsak (the night bartender-security) and all the female staff from the front desk, bar and restaurant to the maid service were outstanding. Bill helped us with the in and outs of how to bargain prices and what to do and not do as far as rentals on the beach or having people trying to take us places at night for a price. Somsak always checked on us and made sure that we were in for the night and safe. The ladies at the front desk were great at getting us deals for our excursions as well as relaying messages to us from the rest of our party. Our trip was two weeks long and there were days we just hung out at the hotel because it was comfortable, friendly and safe. Everyone made me feel at home. My friend and I enjoyed our experience there so much that we planned our next trip back before we even left the country. We returned the following May of 2012 with four more people. I'm happy to say the experience was just as unforgettable as the first. Our four friends felt the same and are excited to return in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends