week 1 of a 2 week stay in Phuket was at Arimana and it was chosen mostly due to price and location. It is a budget hotel, not a resort or international style upmarket one.
- location (close to Patong walking everywhere without being on the main drag, so a little quieter at night)
- value (good if you're not going to be in the room much more than sleeping at night)
Room for improvements:
- breakfast spread (to be fair they only bill you 150 baht p/person p/day so you can't expect much, but in future, I'd save this option and choose to eat elsewhere)
- pool area (hard to improve this, but it's small and if there's others there, feels a bit crowded)
- coffee in the morning - can't be that expensive to get a decent machine!
- food in-room - sometimes we were just too tired to go out after a full day out - having a basic in room menu would be a valuable addition to the hotel no doubt increasing potential revenues
Based on our expectations, this hotel met them as we weren't there much more than to sleep. It came with wifi, a basic breakfast, and offered a restful nights sleep. I would return if on a budget again as it filled all of our needs.
In reading some of the other negative reviews here I wonder what people were expecting for $30-35 USD per night? I mean really. I had no issues around service or product considering the value they're offering. Some people, I guess are just a bit too demanding.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Arimana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arimana Hotel Phuket/Patong