“Home from Home”

Casa Jip Guesthouse
Ranked #49 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've been staying at Casa Jip for many years now when holidaying in Phuket, it is without doubt the best Family Run Guesthouse I've ever stayed in.

The Owner and his team offer a warm welcome and really look after you. It's the kindness and helpfulness that makes you relax even more, if you have any problem these guys will be sure to help you out!

The guesthouse is very clean and it's amenities are great and the cost reflects this.

I certainly will continue to stay at Casa Jip, I'm booked up ready for my next stay for a month in April 2014 and can't wait to enjoy the hospitality once again!

Guys keep up the good work and ignore the haters and bad reviews on here, they are clearly deluded!

See you in April 2014!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank HappyMartyn

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Casa Jip 4 nights and we could not be more happy there. We had lovely apartman in 5th floor. Every service was absolutely perfect. British style of breakfast was very tasty, fresh and exactly what we needed. The owner Nicolas and his wife were always helpfull and keen to solve every our problem and we had many problems... They stored our bags for our trip to Ko Phi Phi without any comments or Nicolas helped to get quite cheep taxi for us as well. In the end, this hotel was our real home when we had to go through food poisining issues. We are so glad to stay here and if we have another chance to go to Phuket I wanna stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Petr89
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I like it because it is very close to the action pretty much less than 10 minutes walk to the beach bars and shopping mall and markets no need for overpriced taxis or tuk tuks.I recommend it for good size rooms modern and super clean and great advise from the family that owns and runs it and the rates more than worth it for the attention you receive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nigel r
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The room was lovely and big. The shower was fab. The air conditioning worked really well (we are staying elsewhere and now realise how good it was!)

Owner very friendly and offered helpful advice about whatever we asked for.

Unfortunately no lift.

Thanks

:D

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Steffiy44
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I walked around and checked out several hotels before I chose this one over other more expensive places.

The good:
Nice, average size room.
Bathroom while very basic had a nice shower.
The owner was a nice guy.
The price.

The bad:
I didn't see any of the staff smile even once, and a local girl I stayed with said that the night receptionist said something not so nice to her. I never got a translation though.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sune J
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed here in June 2010. It’s on a quiet small side street with little to no party noise at night. 10minute walk to the beach and Restaurants and the crazy night life of Phuket. No elevator so if you don’t travel light then asks for a low floor. The owner is great, super friendly and very accommodating. The room was clean and had air-conditioning!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JK_team
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at Casa Jip for 8 days. While there I had them do my laundry. They cleaned, and folded the items. However, they attempted to use a very hot iron on my pants. Columbia high tech pants do not need to be ironed, nor due they hold up well to a very hot iron. My $90.00 pants melted in the crotch.
But the grip here is really that Casa Jip knew.... they ruined my pants and then folded them, and placed them in the middle of my laundry. My stay there was twice the price I paid for the room. It's hard to excuse dishonesty.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank John C
casajipguesthouse, Owner at Casa Jip Guesthouse, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear John,
I'm really sorry for what happened, but if you told us we could take the responsibility.
We pay a lot of money of insurance and your pant could be easily be paid.
I don’ t understand what is the point to complain after when you get at home.