“Owner goes out his way”

Ranked #51 of 411 Patong B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Owner goes out his way”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a few nights in February 2013. I went out to a restaurant one evening and forgot my camera there. The next day on the ferry to phi phi I only realised so had to phone the owner to help me out. He had to go back and forth at least 4 times to retrieve it and finally got it back for me. The rooms are also very clean and airy, nice size bathrooms too. We'll be back there in a month.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Southeast Asia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed in an A/C room upstairs overlooking the a street for 4 nights in May 2013.

The Good:
This place is amazing.
TV. Fridge. Spacious. Wifi.
Wonderfully Comfortable bed.
Good location.
Great, laid-back, and helpful Italian owner.

The Bad:
Patong wasn't our cup of tea, but Casa Jip was one of the nicest places we stayed while in Asia for 8 months.

The Bottomline:
If you're in Patong, stay here. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. Great Value. If you're a backpacker, treat yo'self.

Room Tip: Second Floor, first room on the left was awesome.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Larbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed Casa Jip when I was visiting friends in Phuket. I needed something clean and centrally located, not too expensive (it was high season).

Was pleasantly surprised at just how nice the hotel was. Rooms are a good size and location, although central, is far enough away from the noise of Bangla Road to get a good night's sleep. Also happy to report that the staff are excellent, with good comms and a pleasant nature.

If I had to pick faults I'd say that I found the bed quite firm, but that's a matter of preference. Also note that there is no elevator or restaurant, although the small Thai place to the left of the hotel does excellent and cheap food. Also note that this is a value-focused hotel, so don't expect the facilities you find in a 4-5 star establishment.

I'd happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Standard room, which was fine. Can only imagine that the higher class rooms are even n...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stuart S
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This place is very clean, nice, and in a great location! I stayed there when i first came to town and again before I left for home. The owner and staff are very helpful and friendly. The price was very fair and were willing to give me my original rate. I would recommend to a friend and stay there again on a return visit!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Zak2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've been staying at Casa Jip for many years now when holidaying in Phuket, it is without doubt the best Family Run Guesthouse I've ever stayed in.

The Owner and his team offer a warm welcome and really look after you. It's the kindness and helpfulness that makes you relax even more, if you have any problem these guys will be sure to help you out!

The guesthouse is very clean and it's amenities are great and the cost reflects this.

I certainly will continue to stay at Casa Jip, I'm booked up ready for my next stay for a month in April 2014 and can't wait to enjoy the hospitality once again!

Guys keep up the good work and ignore the haters and bad reviews on here, they are clearly deluded!

See you in April 2014!

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank HappyMartyn
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Casa Jip 4 nights and we could not be more happy there. We had lovely apartman in 5th floor. Every service was absolutely perfect. British style of breakfast was very tasty, fresh and exactly what we needed. The owner Nicolas and his wife were always helpfull and keen to solve every our problem and we had many problems... They stored our bags for our trip to Ko Phi Phi without any comments or Nicolas helped to get quite cheep taxi for us as well. In the end, this hotel was our real home when we had to go through food poisining issues. We are so glad to stay here and if we have another chance to go to Phuket I wanna stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Petr89
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I like it because it is very close to the action pretty much less than 10 minutes walk to the beach bars and shopping mall and markets no need for overpriced taxis or tuk tuks.I recommend it for good size rooms modern and super clean and great advise from the family that owns and runs it and the rates more than worth it for the attention you receive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo