“My first time in Patong”

Casa Jip Guesthouse
Ranked #57 of 405 Patong B&B and Inns
“My first time in Patong”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is my first time come to Phuket. I want to stay in somewhere nice clean and quiet.So i decided to come to Casa Jip. The room is nice and very clean with good facilities. The price is perfect with the room. Casa Jip give me a very good impression. I will come here again. Thank you. :)

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great hotel tucked away in a side street away from the busy goings on. You are made very welcome and the place is spotlessly clean. Its handy for the beach the markets the cafes restaurants. There is a great no frills cafe next door to the hotel that does good food. Its close enough to walk to Bangla Rd and to the beach. If going on a 'boys night out' type holiday I would recommend booking a double room from the start. Cost 180 bhats from the airport by shuttle or a taxi for 800. Good area for markets and massage places and bars. But the area is safe and the locals are pleasant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but the budget single room has no window
1 Thank Paul G
Usa, Tanzania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have a great time stay at Casa Jip. The room was very clean and big it has aircon and i really like shower. The owner is very friendly . It has good location there its not far from the beach and the shopping mall. I really enjoy staying there next time if i got to Phuket i will stay at Casa Jip again.

1 Thank Sophia641
Perth Hills, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I can say the rooms are comfortable and spacious , nice and quietly located and the air con is excellent and trust me you are thankful for it at the moment.
However, if you are after advice to where to book a tour, taxi to the airport, a good place to eat? you're out of luck, stick to this site, or ask other travellers. Nobody is too forthcoming in advising at reception.
We didn't have the breakfasts there, we chose the little joint on the corner of the street and the cul de sac the guesthouse is located on which served reasonable value meals. We also went to the little chop shop across the way from the entrance to the hotel which serves 60 baht ($2.00) breakfasts, omelette , frankfurter, ham. It was enough to see us to lunchtime.
We encountered the army shutting down the beach chair and vendor operators on patong beach as part of the recent unrest. We did not see any violence at all but we're sort of miffed our swimming options were then limited as the guesthouse is without a pool. We opted to go to a nearby hotel and negotiated our time there with buying a few drinks.
There are plenty of places offering laundry services for around 30 baht per kg (about $1.00) but when collecting make sure to check your items in hand against the delivered. We got back to Casa Jip and realised we were missing about third of our items. To make matters worse the poor girl at the laundry could not speak a word of English so it was up to a helpful bar girl to translate and recover the clothes.
Overall we would recommend the place for a short time stay, anymore than a few days and the novelty may soon wear off.

Room Tip: I'm a deep sleeper, my partner less so. I slept fine and had no complaints, my partner an daught...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mr T
Aust, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have a very good time stay at Casa Jip. The room is very clean nice and not expensive. The Owner always nice and welcome. It has great location and close to everything.Next time if I come back I will come back to Casa Jip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

WE stayed here for our last two nights in Thailand, the receptionist had a face like a slapped bum.... but the room was just perfect for what we were looking for, very large and clean (with working air-conditioning). Great location 5 minutes from the beach. Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LaurenNicole89
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a few nights in February 2013. I went out to a restaurant one evening and forgot my camera there. The next day on the ferry to phi phi I only realised so had to phone the owner to help me out. He had to go back and forth at least 4 times to retrieve it and finally got it back for me. The rooms are also very clean and airy, nice size bathrooms too. We'll be back there in a month.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple