“good for how cheap it is”
Review of ibis Phuket Patong

ibis Phuket Patong
Ranked #51 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Greensborough, Victoria, Australia
“good for how cheap it is”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

i found the ibis hotel pretty good from the outdoor area to the buffet breakfast. my only complaint would be the uncomfortable beds and the 'paper thin' walls. it was quite annoying hearing people coming home at early hours in the morning especially when they were inebriated. location was also very good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maddy T
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our TripAdvisor profile. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience staying with us :)

We apologise for any convenience caused during your stay. We have already informed the hotel management for improvement.

We hope to see you again in the soon future :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Being here to attend 19th Joint Meeting of ATCSA and ACSVTS.. Whay a great pleasure to visite Phuket Island...
Near to Patong Beach with a wonderfull night life...
Excellent living, clean room and nice view.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your compliment on our hotel :) We are glad that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the soon future at ibis Phuket Patong or any of the 7 ibis hotels in Thailand.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed here in October 2011 and found the hotel good for our needs so decided to stay here again as we knew the area etc, check in was bad as they said they had no record of our booking and they were full. When shown our booking confirmation though a large travel agency in australia they found oh mistake you booked in other Ibis in Phuket even though our transport booked at the same time brought us to the Patong Ibis. an hour later we were given a room. 1st night woken at 3 am with air con dripping on floor though i must admit they were very swift in fixing it, but not worried about the noise of the vacumn for other guests. breakfast was the same each morning and although there was plenty found it not hot till i discovered the secret. take from the bottom. I found you need to eat early too as very crowded from 8 am on sometimes food runs out and have to wait or no tables. Pool is lovely and clean and there seemed to be plenty of deck chairs but when people of one nationality put their towels on them at breakfast time and then do out for day and return at 3.30 and claim them is a little hard on other guests who only want a chair in the shade while at pool.
The massages at poolside were very good and clean and a good price.
we wanted to stay 4 hrs more as check out was 12 md and our flight out pick up was at 4 pm asked for extra and told it was 1500 baht. surely it should be less as we checked in at 7pm the night we arrived and didn't get discount for arriving late even the time before when we stayed we arrived at 2 am and again not discount yet as far as we knew they could have rented it to someone like us wanting to have a room till we left, hence they may have charged rent twice on same room.
our room was faily quiet except when someone nearby flushed the toilet. cleaning ladies were very good and even tho we didn't get the room cleaned daily they always asked if we wanted water or bins emptied.
next time i think we will get a motel closer to the shopping centers

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pusskat11
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to know that we could had chance to welcome our regular guest :)

We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay. ibis is Europe's leading economy hotel brand and for that reason our hotels follow an international standard offering a great stay with an affordable price. However, we will relay your comments to the management team for future improvement.

We are glad that you liked our services and staff!
We hope to welcome you again at any of the 8 ibis hotels in Thailand in the near future!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

From lobby is look nice but we have to wait till 3pm for check in to a tiny room with unclean towels and bed sheet. My stay was interrupt by no electric for an hour. Big hotel like this should has generator but no. And every morning either guests next door or house keeping were a lot of noise. We can hear from room upstairs, walk ways.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank KJeny
Thank you for your feedback!
We apologise for the inconvenience of your stay. We have noted your comments and will convey them to the hotel management to improve the services.
We hope to welcome you again!

UK
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at the Ibis based on the fact that It is a renown brand I can trust in. Unfortunately my experience was the opposite. I booked via Asiaweb direct including Tax 3200THB not inclusive of breakfast per room per night, this was the special deal they had on. initially I tought quite a high price for a 3 Star Hotel, and no breakfast inclusive for this prices in there segments is unusual, anyhoe I booked.
When I arrived my booking could not be found, ok nevermind as I booked last minute and sometimes hotels and online agents do not communicate tht welll and efficiently. The reception team was helpful and sorted itvout pretty swiftly, just avreoomendation to the management, look into eays of improving this , as as a guest you do not want to take 20 minutes just for this and goingbthrough all thevspecialrequests again which I already specified and got confirmed by Asiawebdirect.
I got tonthe rooom, and there it was the biggest disapointment, a small room, I guess standard size for Ibis, but dirt stains all over the wall and hair stuck on the tiles in th bathroom, ascwell as waterstains all over the showervswing door, complemented by mould on the tiles and dirty/ black stained grouting inbetween the tiles made this first impression of the room a complete let down. I called for housekeeping to come and clean, a young chap, polite but little command ofvEnglish came and scrubbed away the dirt, I thought well done until he picked up my already used white bath towel ( I took a shower arrival) and tried of the wall tiles of my ba throom and floor and fter he finished he put it back on the hanger for me to use, I thought I do not believe what I have seen there, then left saying not even closing the door of my room, I mean this is unacceptable, if 2,3,4 or whatevervStar rating the hotel has and training and supervision of the team there is surely far behind. I called the reception to tell what happened and they said thank you for telling us and then they brought me a new towel. There was no sense of care or recovery efforts, I do not need anything for free, but a note in the room from the duty manager, which they had by name displayed in the lobby would have been appropiate make me confident enoughbto return in the future tonthis hotel.
as it goes was thing follows the next, channel 2 had no sound and was playing a movievIbwanted to see, so I called for the technician to come, he came with dirty shoes in my room, i thought in Thai cukture you take shoes of before entering the room, well not at Ibis...his shoes were paint stained and filthy...poor grooming, unshaved a rough and ready look, you can call me conservative, but a clean overall look leaves a lasting impression how the hotel is managed in general.
I could continue with the bar service which was unattentive, slow and without a smile...all in all best of all, was the front office team, good job, but the rest needs some serious improvement.
Most 3 Star hotels/ motels give free internet in the room, not at Ibis, everyone squezzes together in the lobby, which makes connections slow...in 2012 everyone has a smartphone, Ipad or some sort of device and skypes etc., that is just common, so hotel- in this case Ibis should follow market trends and listen to their guest...at the end the cost for it could be easily hidden in the room charge.

Would I go back for the price they charged? Never ever again!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DivingUK

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 21 February 2012

It's located in Patong beach. Only 3 minutes walk to the beach. 15 minutes walk to Bangla Road. Clean Rooms, Good Spa beside the pool. Tasteful drinks in the lobby. Actually it's the best place for single guys who don't want to pay extra money for a guest that stays over night !! ;)
The hotel personel are helpful. Free internet in the lobby.
I stayed for 1 week and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to all my friends :)

Room Tip: Rooms that have the pool view are less noisy...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Issar A
Thank you for your review. We are gald that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our ibis hotels aim at providing our guests with good services at great value for money. Additionally, we truly appreciate your feedback and comment and we hope to welcome you again in the soon future!

Sacheon, South Korea
Reviewed 16 February 2012

In January 2012 I stayed at the Ibis Patong for a total of three nights: two nights before a scuba diving liveaboard trip and one night after the trip.

First, I found the hotel’s location, buffet breakfast and rooms to be fine. And, the pool looked very nice. You do have to pay to use the PC’s in the lobby, but the Wi-Fi in the lobby is free.

For my first two nights everything I had read about noise (thin walls?) and heavy partying proved true. I was traveling solo, and don’t know if they put solo travelers on the same floor, but I had several neighbors who lived up to Patong’s party reputation. Security did come and quiet the parties, but once they left….. I even had to call the front desk at 5:00 AM about the loud music. When I checked out I advised that I would be coming back for one night, and if they have more quite floors, to please give me a room on one of those floors.

On my return I was given a room in a different section of the hotel, and I had a very quiet and comfortable stay. I regularly use the Ibis Myeong-dong in Seoul (the first night of this trip started at the Myeong-dong Ibis), and I’ve had nothing but great experiences there. If you are staying at the Ibis Patong, and want to ensure some tranquility, you might want to inquire if there are “more quiet” sections. If my first two nights had been like my last night, I would have given an overall rating of “Very Good.”

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pazz2011
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Phuket Patong, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad that we could have chance to welcome ibis regular guest :) And we are also happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and we already informed the hotel management for improvement.

We hope to welcome you back to ibis Phuket Patong again in the soon future as well as ay other ibis hotels in Thailand (Phuket - Kata, Samui, Pattaya, Bangkok and Hua Hin)

ibis Thailand - Communications Centre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
#27 of 57 in Kata Beach
Hemingways Silk Hotel
Hemingways Silk Hotel
#37 of 321 in Patong

Been to ibis Phuket Patong? Share your experiences!