“A good choice for group travelling”

Siam Palm Residence
Ranked #113 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel is a close walk to the busy streets of Patong, yet you will not hear the loud noise at night during your sleep.
We stayed in 2 bedroom apartment and it was clean and comfortable. All of us enjoy it very much.
The set backs were that the hotel uses duvet covers as blanket. It is pretty difficult especially only aircond in rooms and for kids and old folks, they can get cold easily.
The other thing is the toilet flushing. Guest must remember not to throw any tissue in the toilet as it can't be flushed away. This makes a little disgust and difficult when you have your "business" done and basically you have to flush twice.
Overall, we are very satisfied with our stay here in this hotel. The service was great.

Room Tip: Choose a 2 bedroom apartment, its wide and comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SiamPalm, Manager at Siam Palm Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your positive review. Possibly we could have provided you with duvets as we move them around between rooms. We will bring the overall shortage to the attention of the owners again and hope that we are allowed to buy more and solve this soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

A really clean and spacious 2 rooms apartment for 4 adults and 2 kids. The beddings are comfortable and we really slept well. Kitchen was fully equipped
with utensils, cooking pots, microwave etc.
The location is quiet but with amenities nearby. Seafood stalls at night lining up
along the main road. 10-15mins walk to junceylon. Great staff at the reception as well as tour counter next door. Downside are the toilet doors unable to lock. Overall it was a great stay for kids, elderly, honeymooners!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank happy1907

On behalf of all working at Siam Palm Residence I like to thank you for your kind words. It encourages us to keep up the good work and do everything we can to let our guests experience a pleasant and memorable stay.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and her family stayed in a 3 bedroom penthouse suite during November. The Apartment was very comfortable with large living spaces suitable for large familes or even two families travelling together. The walk into the centre of Patong is ok or you can get a tuk tuk for 200 baht if you bargain. The staff at Siam Palm are very good and helpful. There are plenty of bars and good places to eat nearby and the beach is only a short walk from the Residence. The value of the Siam Residence is exceptional especially if you need to accomodate a bigger group in that you can occupy an apartment rather than separate hotel rooms. The location provides for a peaceful sleep being away from the entertainment district. Another good thing about the Siam is the full size kitchen which allows you to buy food and drinks and cater for yourself.

Room Tip: Higher floor 3 Bedroom apartment is great for larger groups travelling together or families.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Myles S

Glad to hear you all enjoyed your stay and our efforts pay off and make our guests happy.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Yes location is good, rooms look nice but..Major pluming issues! Yellow dirty smelly water from basin, sink and shower! shower didn't drain for up to 2 hours after showering. Only one room key so you don't leave the air conditioning on.

1  Thank John D
SiamPalm, Manager at Siam Palm Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Sorry to hear about your problems with the water and the plumbing. We already addressed the coloured water issue in the previous review. When water demand is exceptionally high we can run out of water and before trucks arrive to fill up the tanks sometimes the system starts taking water from the well. At a certain point this water is yellowish coloured by earthly ochre pigment caused by the iron in the soil. As said completely harmless and also completely odourless. We checked and the water does not smell at all. Maybe you would expect it to when you see it, but it does not.

Also there is no major plumbing issue. You told me that the shower drained extremely slowly and I asked the engineer to check it out. After that he assured me everything was fine. I also asked him about the cause and he said it was simply a matter of housekeeping taking out the drain water lock when they clean (so the water drains fast) but then not putting it back correctly. There are two positions: one allowing free flow and one completely stopping drainage. Apparently they managed to find a third position in between where drainage is very slow. We will show all housekeeping staff how to correctly replace the drainage covers and hope the problem will not occur again.

Concerning our one-key-per-apartment-only policy the following: this is not so people cannot leave the aircon running. People often take of the key card anyway. Obviously we appreciate it and and stimulate it when people do not leave on aircon, TV, lights etc. when they spend the whole day on the beach or the whole night in the bars. We implemented the policy because we kept changing the locks because of lost keys time after time.

So upon check in we inform our guests that they receive one key only, we advise them to leave it with our 24-hour reception. The first guest to arrive back at the hotel takes the key and our night reception staff can let in others so no need to wake up or disturb your friends. I mean to remember that you checked in later so this information might not have been given to you for which we apologize. By the way the information is also available in writing in Our Guest Service Directory that you will find in all of our rooms.

We regret and apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope that nonetheless you had a pleasant stay in Phuket.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

This is my first ever negative review. I stay at many hotels a year and will only leave a review if the hotel is excellent or as in this case, SHOCKING!
I booked directly with the hotel after talking with them on the phone.

This hotel had the worst plumbing I have ever seen. The water in the shower and basin is yellow and it stinks. The shower drains water very slowly. The toilet water is also yellow and you are not allowed to put your used toilet paper in the toilet so it does not block, the used toilet paper had to be put in the bin, how disgusting!

He will only give you one room key because he does not want you leaving the power on while out of your room.

The worst thing that happened to me is I originally booked a 2 bedroom for my family and a 1 bedroom for my parents. I saw this had good reviews on trip advisor and they also had a november special saving 10% by booking on trip advisor. The 2 bedroom was 4410 baht a night and the 1 bedroom was 3000 baht a night, this price was the same for booking 1 night or 20 nights. During my phone call to the so called hotel, the guy on the phone told me book direct with the hotel and He will give me a discount, he gave me my room for 4200 baht and my parents room for 2400 baht, I told him I'm looking to stay 7 nights.

We arrived at the hotel at 6pm and we checked in and went up to our rooms dropped our bags off and went out to jungceylon shopping centre to eat. We did not get back till 11pm. When we got back and used the bathroom we noticed all the problems but it was late and we were very tired so we went to bed.
At 6am the next morning I wake up to the sound of a jack hammer on top of my head. Turns out they are building next door. The jack hammer did not stop. My 10 year old daughter goes to wash her face and the water is filthy, she comes out and says daddy I will not shower or wash my face as long as we stay here.

I go down to reception and tell the guy my problems and he gives me a bunch of excuses. I tell my family and we decide that we want to leave and this is where it's gets worse.
When I tell him I cannot stay here any longer he gets upset and finally says it fine, on checkout he tells me I have to pay 4900 baht for my room and 3600 for my parents room, I said to him your rate is 4410 and 3000 on the Internet for November whether I book 1 night or 7 nights. I told him I will pay the 4410 and 3000 as on trip advisor. He said no and I said your trying to rip me off for an extra 1100 baht and I will not pay that much. While trying up sort it out I see a guy walk in and tell me he is a police officer, this totally shocked me, i explained to the officer why i needed to checkout and he saw my daughters face how it wasnt washed and how he is trying to rip me off for extra money but he said he could not do anything.
I then called the tourist police and went down to the station. The tourist police agreed with me and tried to get them to accept my offer however they refused and I would need to go to another police station, the officer at the tourist police told me that he is well connected and even though I was in the right it was very hard for me to win. By this time my family had been in the lobby waiting for over 2 hours and it was very hot, (by the way no air conditioning in the lobby) so I gave in and paid the ransom.
Unless you want to feel like staying in third world plumbing conditions avoid this place at all costs! I wrote this review so no one has to go through what I went through.

Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank indebank

We regret that we could not meet your expectations but we also like to take the opportunity to clarify things a little bit.

Good to hear that normally you only leave reviews when the hotel is excellent. You should put them on TripAdvisor. As now you left only two reviews in total and ours is not your first ever negative review. You forgot the other one you wrote on here titled STAY AWAY.

You left your luggage in the room and did not come back until 23.00. What you forgot to mention is that you were busy checking out all neighbouring hotels for the best deals BEFORE there were any known complaints that made you want to leave.

Further you forgot to mention that you booked a Studio for your father but since your father was not able to use the stairs leading to the Studio we upgraded him to a One-Bedroom Apartment accessible by elevator free of charge.

The next morning your whole family came down luggage all packed ready to go before even a complaint was made or anything other mentioned than the fact that you were leaving. I told you about hotel policy that normally we charge 50% of the cost of the room nights not used when guests check out early. Because the complaints (addressed here under) were valid we compromised and suggested that you pay one night only but then full rate as the special personalized offer was based on your reservation for 7 nights.

First you asked me to charge the special discount rate and in exchange you would give us a good review on TripAdvisor despite the complaints. We refuse to give something to guests in return for good reviews or to avoid bad ones. You write what you want to write.

Long discussions followed and it did not help much that your whole family was in the lobby shouting and cursing and even trying to put spells of bad luck on me and my staff. You insisted you would not pay and I consulted the owner who then saw no option left then to call the police to sort things out.

Regarding the complaints:
Work at various construction sides in our street normally start not before 09.00 and stops at 17.00. Certainly no noise at 06.00. We apologize for the inconvenience but construction is a typical green season phenomenon when many hotels extend, upgrade, renovate and maintain. Things they cannot do when they are fully booked. This is one of the reasons why green season rates overall are lower than high season rates.

We also apologize for the coloured water. We tried to explain to you that this is a temporary problem. Because of the construction more water than normally is used hence we have to truck in water to fill our tanks. You never know how long it takes for the truck to arrive and sometimes the shortage of water takes us by surprise. In that case the last water comes from the bottom of a well and is coloured by a earthly ochre pigment because of the iron in the ground. It might look suspicious but it is completely harmless. Once the tanks have been filled and the water has come to rest for a short while the colour is normal again.

Regarding the toilet paper. Our hotel is renovated but actually is an old Thai style building with Thai plumbing system. This system can traditionally not handle relatively large amounts of toilet paper because Thais do not use toilet paper. They clean themselves with the little water hose that you will find next to every Thai toilet and they sometimes use the toilet paper but only to absorb surplus of water. So then the paper in the bin has only water on it.

We are sorry to hear that we could not meet your demands but we hope that you found good alternative accommodation and enjoyed your stay in Phuket.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The apartment was excellent and cleaning staff attended every day. It was very modern and spacious with a great feel to it. There was good air conditioning and televisions in every room. No breakfast was included but there were several reasonably priced places nearby. It was a short walk to the beach and to the many bars. The restaurant opposite provided excellent take-away if after a busy day you wanted to eat in the apartment. Staff were helpful and arranged airport transfer. A laundrette was next door which did a "next day" service. I would certainly stay again. David

Room Tip: Rooms at front overlook a busy street and at the back the quiet pool area.
1  Thank David J
SiamPalm, Manager at Siam Palm Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We thank you very much for your very positive and kind review. We will share it with our staff as your appreciation will stimulate them in keeping up the good work.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

As usual my stay at the siam palm was perfect. Perfect location perfect accommodation. People will love the friendly staff and quiet location. Close to the beach and all restaurants.
I love it every time. Thanks to all at the Siam Palm

Room Tip: facing the pool
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review. We are aware you wrote a review after a previous visit some time ago but as discussed readers like recent reviews and updates as many things may have changed over time. Thanks to this review readers now know that you are still a satisfied guest in Siam Palm Residence. We are happy to know that also!