“Okay hotel but not worth the price”
Review of Silver Resortel

Silver Resortel
Ranked #75 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here only for Christmas Eve...I had checked in early and requested a quiet room. Upon the first inspection, I thought my room on the second floor was clean and it did seem quiet although the only view was the wall and the hotel next door. The shower was a different matter...the bathroom was clean but the shower head was old and didn't work properly since it had calcium buildup.

What pissed me off was the fact that my room was right behind a nightclub and at 09:00pm, I could hear the screaming and the walls were nearly pounding from the sound system. After an hour of that nonsense, I went down to the reception and asked the very nice and friendly receptionist to move to another room. He showed me two rooms, the first one turned out to be a room right next to me, while the other room was located on the third floor of the front wing. The third floor room (303) was much better as it was quieter and the rooms were spaced out a bit more. I noticed the rooms in the back of the hotel where I was originally placed had less privacy.

The shower in the new room worked fine but the shower curtains smelled a bit. Other than that, I was pleased with my new room.

The following morning, I saw the receptionist when I checked in and let her know the reason why I switched rooms. She said that the rooms in the back are supposed to be more quiet and the disco was a bit more noisier due to it being Christmas Eve, but I really didn't believe it.

For the price I paid, I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel if I only added a few more bucks but the location is excellent since it's very close to the beach. If I ever do come back, I'd wait to pay the low season rates and request for the same room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor and in the front building are quieter and have more privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Silver Resortel

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed here for just 1 night in transit to Chiang Mai in late November 2011. When we arrived we were adament that we booked 2 single bedroom, but appears there may have been mis-communication as they stated that only deluxe was two single beds. The receptionist was nice and gracious, and felt bad for the inconvenience, but appears (whom we beleive is the) manager lady discussed this matter with us, and made it a point to say that it was our fault and was on a mission (per se).

The manager was very agressive, with no reasoning and we felt this was very bad customer service, as the manner/tone/defensive nature of the communication wasn't needed.

Apart from that we ended up staying in a queen bed room on the third floor (i beleive). Rooms were simple and clean. The bathoom was VERY odd. There was a barely frosted glass internal window right where you shower, and the shower was the hand held type. As the shower was the step in bathtub type and shower contained with only a shower curtain, the hand held shower was very inpractical. To use hand held, would make the bathroom very wet due to the shower curtain and to leave in the holder as standard is impossible as its located chest height!! Crazy.

To sum up, we certainly did not have a good experience (hence why this review may appear critical) but I guess for 1 night in transit is ok.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank anth0888
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Nice place, good location - in the centre of town and activities. Walking distance to restaurants, tourist information centres, shopping centres and the beautiful Patong beach. Reasonably priced. Nothing outstanding or attractive in its structure or layout. Just simple and traditionally Thai. Good service and friendly staff. Airconditioner was not working when we checked in. We were then upgraded to a deluxe room. A better view to the front of the hotel. Breakfast is sufficient, nothing fantastic. No complains. A good hotel to stay in, when in Patong. Book online for best prices and choices of rooms.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe rooms which are more spacious and comfortable. Book online for best prices at differe...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2011

location is strategic, price is cheap and it is spacious. the workers there are very friendly and helped us much. highly recommended for those who would like to have a normal budget.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel is great value,has friendly staff, good reception area,easy to find,clean rooms,and large enough rooms,good food at ok prices,free internet,the one bad point if you could call it that was no kettly in room,The hotel is very close to the beach and close to all the bars and shopping ,I enjoyed my stay there and would atay again.One bad point was noisy at night when people were returning to there rooms late at night,there is only tiled floors.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We were meeting up with our son and his Girlfriend for a couple of days catching up.
We booked this hotel online and were pleased with what we got. The service was great and the location ideal. It was close to the Patong Beach, handy but not too close to the Patong Bars. We spent three great days enjoying catching up with family here.
The room was quite small but very clean. It had a small balcony, to sit on in the evening above the Soi, which was a bonus. But no view. There is a tour booking centre at the front of this hotel who were very helpful in arranging bookings for touristy thing to do. Their prices seemed to be competitive with others nearby.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room didn't come with breakfast and the breakfast we had at the hotel was very ordinary. However there were loads of eating options nearby. So we definitely did not go hungry.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank whowesit
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I usually stay at the Aloha Villa nearby. But a special offer and fancy webpage drew me to this place. I expected a lot more to be honest. The "half price" deal was for about 850b, which looked a bargain but was actually the most I would have paid for a hotel of this quality in low season. Had semi reliable wifi which was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2011