“Good location”

Ranked #60 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here during my 3rd trip to Phuket. Great location with great staff. Did not expect too much when staying because I was out most of the time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Hyqel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

Here are my reviews on this hotel.

Location:

Nicely located less than 5 minutes from Patong Beach, very near to many restaurantsand convenient stores, the famous Jungceylon shopping mall is just around 15 minutes walking distance.

The Room:

The room we book is Deluxe Room, the room is very spacious for a family of 2 adult and a child lesser than 4 years old, we are really happy that they upgraded the TV to a Plasma TV instead of the old bulky one.
There are no fan but I personally think that it doesn't matter since the air-cond is installed and is cold enough for a comfortable sleep.
The bathroom is another selling point as we really love the spacious area and the bathtub is very comfortable.
My only complain is the lighting of the room, would recommend to add more lighting to the room.

Buffet Breakfast:

Their breakfast is in my sense pretty good for a their standard, the usual menu such as the scrambled eggs, pork ham, sausage, noodles, toast bread, fruits, coffee, tea and fruit juice, although cant compare to other high end hotels but it's good enough to make us full to start the day.

Service:

Service is very fast and efficient, they are able to fulfill my needs in a quick pace of time.

Overall:

I find this hotel to be a hidden gem among the crowded streets of Patong Beach, the staff are really friendly, the environment stands out among other nearby hotels and service is really good.
I would really recommend the travel agent outside the hotel as well as the price is cheap and agent really caters for what we need and no extra charges.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Phuket.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank HarryGanWeiLer
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I just got to the hotel and must say that this hotel is terrible for its price. Payed for a deluxe room and if I would compare to the prices in most of other hotels you get MUCH more value for your money in mostly any other hotel.

The ONLY good thing with this place is the staff in the lobby.

But that does not make up for the small room and the VERY small bed and also the sheets smell a little bit old.

It took only 5 minutes before i found 2 cockroaches in the bathtube.

The balcony is very small and not so nice.

I payed double the price compare to another hotel that was more than double as nice as this one. Also the price did not include breakfast.

No value for the money at all.

I am very dissapointed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mattias A
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 20 February 2012

3 star property with basic facilities. the room is quite big, the bed was  huge. The mattress was  a little bit hard mattress. The staff is friendly, the restaurant is good with the reasonable prices. free wi-fi. 5 minutes walking from the beach.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Alien_00
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed here only for Christmas Eve...I had checked in early and requested a quiet room. Upon the first inspection, I thought my room on the second floor was clean and it did seem quiet although the only view was the wall and the hotel next door. The shower was a different matter...the bathroom was clean but the shower head was old and didn't work properly since it had calcium buildup.

What pissed me off was the fact that my room was right behind a nightclub and at 09:00pm, I could hear the screaming and the walls were nearly pounding from the sound system. After an hour of that nonsense, I went down to the reception and asked the very nice and friendly receptionist to move to another room. He showed me two rooms, the first one turned out to be a room right next to me, while the other room was located on the third floor of the front wing. The third floor room (303) was much better as it was quieter and the rooms were spaced out a bit more. I noticed the rooms in the back of the hotel where I was originally placed had less privacy.

The shower in the new room worked fine but the shower curtains smelled a bit. Other than that, I was pleased with my new room.

The following morning, I saw the receptionist when I checked in and let her know the reason why I switched rooms. She said that the rooms in the back are supposed to be more quiet and the disco was a bit more noisier due to it being Christmas Eve, but I really didn't believe it.

For the price I paid, I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel if I only added a few more bucks but the location is excellent since it's very close to the beach. If I ever do come back, I'd wait to pay the low season rates and request for the same room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor and in the front building are quieter and have more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed here for just 1 night in transit to Chiang Mai in late November 2011. When we arrived we were adament that we booked 2 single bedroom, but appears there may have been mis-communication as they stated that only deluxe was two single beds. The receptionist was nice and gracious, and felt bad for the inconvenience, but appears (whom we beleive is the) manager lady discussed this matter with us, and made it a point to say that it was our fault and was on a mission (per se).

The manager was very agressive, with no reasoning and we felt this was very bad customer service, as the manner/tone/defensive nature of the communication wasn't needed.

Apart from that we ended up staying in a queen bed room on the third floor (i beleive). Rooms were simple and clean. The bathoom was VERY odd. There was a barely frosted glass internal window right where you shower, and the shower was the hand held type. As the shower was the step in bathtub type and shower contained with only a shower curtain, the hand held shower was very inpractical. To use hand held, would make the bathroom very wet due to the shower curtain and to leave in the holder as standard is impossible as its located chest height!! Crazy.

To sum up, we certainly did not have a good experience (hence why this review may appear critical) but I guess for 1 night in transit is ok.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank anth0888
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Nice place, good location - in the centre of town and activities. Walking distance to restaurants, tourist information centres, shopping centres and the beautiful Patong beach. Reasonably priced. Nothing outstanding or attractive in its structure or layout. Just simple and traditionally Thai. Good service and friendly staff. Airconditioner was not working when we checked in. We were then upgraded to a deluxe room. A better view to the front of the hotel. Breakfast is sufficient, nothing fantastic. No complains. A good hotel to stay in, when in Patong. Book online for best prices and choices of rooms.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe rooms which are more spacious and comfortable. Book online for best prices at differe...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends