“Beyond beautiful.”

La Flora Resort Patong
Ranked #39 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My boyfriend and I (aged 21 years) booked this hotel for only one night, as a treat for our last night in Phuket before an early flight. I honestly don't know how people could find flaws in this hotel. I was impressed even as we arrived, with such friendly staff offering us beautiful flower bracelets and refreshing drinks. Whilst we were only there for one night, we had the most amazing time. We stayed in a pool villa room, which was breathtaking. Comfortable bed, big tv, harddrive full of new and old movies, big spa bath and shower and heaps of free drinks in the minibar. Also great room service at cheap prices! Whilst we did not use the pool during our stay, it looked great and the beach is also right at your doorstep. Cannot fault this hotel and I wished I could stay for longer :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AimeeeLouise
There are newer reviews for La Flora Resort Patong

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Great greeting upon arrival. Staff wonderful, nothing too much trouble. Location absolutely perfect. Pools/gardens clean, well looked after.

Gym is very small for a 5-star but better than no gym.

Only complaint is F & B Staff and Room Staff:

Breakfast staff seem half asleep mostly and are not attentive at all - often getting eggs wrong, tea/coffee wrong.

Biggest complaint though is the constant interuptions/knocks on door from room staff when DND sign is ON. Happened too many times in the first 3 days and so complained to the General Manager who handled it well.

Great hotel but as I say, needs some tweaks to F & B and Room Staff in order for it to come up to proper five-star standard.

Room Tip: Upstairs pool view room is better than downstairs pool access room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AdrianShanghai
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My company went to Phuket for our annual team bonding and we booked more than 10 rooms and 2 villas at the hotel. A colleague and I spent 3D2N at the hotel in one of the Pool Access rooms.

The hotel is quite new and the location is very central. However, the design of the room can be improved. E.g. the cotton wools were placed in the living area, below the TV. If you were removing make-up in the toilet, you've to walk out of the toilet to get the cotton wool. The hand towels were placed on the display cabinet behind the user of the basin. If you were washing your hands, you've to turn around to dry your hands with the towel. The pillows were too soft. Given that it is a SLH, I expected a pillow menu but there isn't.

The lights at the villa are motion sensor-ed, which may sound good but is not user friendly. My boss was brushing her teeth when the lights in the bathroom went off due to limited motions. The basin is also very small, which is very difficult for teeth brushing or hand washing.

I also found out that the layout of each room is different. Even the brand of the sound system differ by rooms. The room I had was more spacious compared to my colleague's, even though she was just 2 rooms away from me.

We didn't use the pool at all because the water was grey in color - could be due to the rain which was unfortunate.

They serve nespresso coffee and freshly squeezed fruit juices for breakfast, so that is nice. Other than that, the food is average. We had buffet dinner at the hotel for convenience sake and I wouldn't recommend it. I was also very surprised that the buffet price does not include drinks. All drinks are charged separately, whether it is alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

After spending so much money at the hotel, the management was very calculative towards us. I feel they could have been flexible in some of the charges - e.g. corkage charges, room amenities charges. To my knowledge, hotels do not charge for laundry bag or bedroom slippers. My boss used the laundry bag for her dirty clothes when she checked out and the hotel wanted to charge us for it! Another of my colleague also used the laundry bag and she returned it. Everything is about money in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank ruoz
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently had the pleasure of spending the week at La Flora during my stay in Phuket and there is nothing negative I can say about this Hotel! Its so modern and chic AND BY FAR WHAT MAKES IT SO INCREDIBLE ARE THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO WORK HERE! The hotel is in Patong, and if you don't know, that's the wild part of Phuket. But once you come through the doors of the hotel you leave the noise behind! I read reviews that said something about fireworks or beach noise, but we never heard it! Our room was spacious and beautiful and clean and quiet (Room 106.... if you're wondering) We could step off our patio which had two great lounge charis, and right into the pool!

Free mini-bar with beers and soda was great! The breakfast that's included is not the continental breakfast you get in the US.... it was so delicious with an egg station, bacon, pancakes all the American type of breakfast foods... plus a salad bar, sushi, dim sum...... and the list goes on and on!

There is a small but very clean and efficient fitness center that we used a couple days! The concierge, like everyone else who works here was SO NICE AND HELPFUL.... booking all of our excurcions and even telling us when to go book it elsewhere for a better deal!

And the rooftop bar/restaurant is great... the view truly is magnificient... Even if you're not staying here you should check it out at sunset. The food was there was great but not cheap... BUT WORTH THE PRICE IN OUR OPINION!

The only complaint about staying in Patong is the beach is not the best on the island..(though it is beautiful.... after visiting other beaches we found some where the water seemed cleaner) There are nicer beaches.... but if you're choosing to stay in Patong to be close to the action so you don't have to take a long cab ride at night, La Flora is your best best! And for those interested... the unofficial 'gay beach' is out in front of La Flora!

Room Tip: ground floor so you have access to the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shane0729
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed 13 amazingly relaxing nights at La Flora and would definitely stay there again. I saw some whinges on tripadvisor but honestly i can not understand it ! Upon arrival we were greeted by the smiling faces of the reception ladies and the concierge. We were offered beautiful cool white flannels to freshen up and a deliciously sweet cool fruit juice. Checking in was easy peasy and included choosing an essential oil that the housekeeping staff would use in the oil burner in our room. What a lovely touch ! our room was 215 a swim up room. The clinically clean but luxurious bathroom had a full size bath, shower and plenty of room for all the holiday essentials. Just a hint, the hair dryer is in the desk drawer ;-). The king size bed was pretty firm but we like it that way. The bar fridge was stocked every day at no 'extra' charge. We did have a few occasions when we were woken by the fireworks on the beach. But hey, we were on holiday so we just slept in a bit longer ;-)

I would rate this gem 9 out of 10. I took of the 1 for the food. We have stayed in the Novotel previously so are completely ruined and spoilt by their breakfast bar. The la flora had the basics but after a week we got a bit bored for selection. We of course battled on though and managed to find a freshly made omelette or lovely fresh fruit to satisfy us. Of course, with the fabulously convenient location of the la flora there are limitless choices to eat within easy walking distance.

I would highly recommend the La Flora. The staff were without exception fabulous.

Room Tip: Pool access room 215 gives a little more privacy
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Vanessaaussie
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here for three nights and the only down fall with the hotel was that we hadnt booked it for longer. The staff were very friendly and obliging. The location was very central and located on the beach. There was a wide range of foods available for breakfast from seaweed salad to sausages. Ate in the restaurant on the day of arrival - Good selection. We had a first room floor looking out on the pool and the ocean. It was extremely spacious as was the bathroom, which had a shower and a bath exclusive of each other. Couldnt have asked for a better hotel for our first nights in Thailand. A little on the pricey side but its definetly worth it!

Room Tip: 1st foor rooms looked to have more privacy!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annie2425
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is a lovely hotel on the beach, and by saying "on the beach" i really say on the beach. Get out of your room in your swimming gear and you are on the beach. Chairs to be rented from locals,nothing to do with the hotel, but equally charming.

The hotel has great service, excellent breakfast, escellent spa, nice gym room. We have been here twice, once in a room on the groundfloor, the second time on the first floor. Both were equally good.

Room Tip: Excellent location, beautiful hotel on the beach. You just get out of your room in your slippers an...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple