“Best location for nightlife”

La Flora Resort Patong
Ranked #36 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here 5 nights in the Seaview suite, as far as I can tell it was worth the price but the rooms need improvement, because privacy can easly be compromised. The windows to the so called "Seaview" were so low, that people passing through the beach were able to look into our room if we didnt put the curtains at the window. Which sort of ruins the experience with the seaview. I also have to complain about the night-time manager, he must have forgotten customer relations completely, he stood and yelled at my girlfriend as if she was a pickup from Patong. Not cool at all, he should of recognized her because he was at the frontdesk the day before, when we checked in.

Internet speed in this hotel is really bad, you are not even able to have a conversation through skype. This needs improvement.

Now the good things about this hotel is however the people working here. Security guards, house keepers and receptionists were all very friendly against us and helpt us through our entire stay. I also have to recommend the sea food restaurant which is almost infront of the hotel. Its the same owner so hotel guests get 10% off the bill, delicious food by the way! The minibar drinks in the room are also free which is great after coming back from the hot sun outside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pokerstah

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here three nights with two friends. Room and service were excellent. Direct access to pool, free refreshments and great breakfast. Place is very easy the town centre and beach is only meters away. Overall quality was excellent but bit high price which seems to be the case at Phuket. This would be the ideal place for romantic getaway.

Room Tip: access to pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jopex
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Location was perfect, roll out of bed into the pool, walk out the back to the beach, walk 1 minute to the madness of Bangla road. Staff are very friendly and always helpful, thanks to Apple, Knot and especially Eddie. Made us feel right at home..
Plenty to eat at the buffet breakfast, and food was always fresh and coffee was awesome.
We stayed in sept 28 till oct 6th 2013.
Our first trip to Thailand and was worth every cent.
Would recommend this hotel to everyone..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony T
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great location. Step out of bedroom on to deck then rollover into pool. Twenty metres from our room was the beach. But the best was the incredibly friendly service. Our granddaughter had her 10th birthday whilst we were there - a number of staff turned up with a birthday cake and sung happy birthday. A nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank poppyboss
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in 2011 and thought this was one of the best hotels in Patong. The location was one of the best things about this hotel. It was right on the beach and about two blocks away from Bangla rd where all the madness happens. For most of our tours... I remember being the last to get picked up and first to get dropped off which was great!

Pros:
* great location
* nice clean rooms (we stayed on the 2nd floor with a jacuzzi. We may have used it once. Spent most of our time at the beach or pool)
* Starbucks and Mc Donald's next door
* far enough away from Bangla rd but was still very close
* front staff was very helpful and friendly. The ladies in front offered many great ideas and places to eat.
* our concierge friend (sorry I forgot his name. It's been awhile) helped out tremendously! Our vacation was a success due to his helpful advice on tours and places to see.
* the tours here were a bit pricier than tours booked outside but you get what you pay for. We found our tours booked here had better tour guides, boats and service.
* great views on the top floor for dining
* spa/massage was awesome
* security in front made us feel safer than usual

Cons:
* breakfast was just ok
* dining was ok and a bit pricy (great Thai restaurant two doors down)

We'll be back!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank HauHa
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed September 29th to October 4th 2013
This is no way a 5 star hotel ! the manager, reception girls ( I'm not sure of her name but she has a fringe, usually the first girl you see at the counter on the left side and never greets you when you walk in) and cleaners are very rude. They don't even understand English and makes fun of you in their language. If you made a complaint they do not know how to deal with it in a professional matter, instead they laugh in your face, which is a complete and utter insult. The pool is always dirty, pillows are the worst ! It's like sleeping with no pillows. Do not try the restaurant! the food that comes out of the kitchen is not edible and overpriced. I am a regular Thailand traveller and have stayed at many hotels from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Koi Samui to Phuket but by far this is the biggest waste of money. I am only writing this because I don't want anyone's Thailand experience to be wrecked by this hotels service. You hear fireworks from your room every hour starting from 8pm and this sometimes it doesn't stop till 3am! The only highlight was the location, it's in the middle of all the hustle and bustle and the room set out is ok but the toilet always smells like sewer. It's such a shame I'm writing such a negative comment, this hotel might have hope if the staff (manager, reception girls, cleaners and chef) change their additude and was more passionate about their customers and jobs. The only person that was nice was Yom, she always had a smile on her face and had good customer service, keep up the good work Yom. If you want to go somewhere which is more resort like, treats you well and have amazing food try Holiday Inn Phuket Resort, it's down the road, half the price and has a beautiful pool.

• Stayed: October 2013
8  Thank Thi2828
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at La Flora Resort, a boutique hotel right in the heart of Patong. I chose to stay here, so I could walk everywhere and be in amongst the action for a few days. From the moment I arrived, I was treated with the most warm and welcome Greeting, and the staff have taken care of my every need. The grounds are exceptionally well kept, the food is delicious and volumous and the rooms are treat, with a mixture of natural timbers, stone and clean crisp fibres. They situated directly on the beach front, so you can walk out to the beach without having to go through the crowded streets. They also offer with your room, free wireless internet, free mini bar that includes beer (now champaign I am afraid) and beach towels, which I hear some hotels make you hire. Apart from the street noise (which you have to expect when you stay in the heart of Patong and does dissapate after around 10.30), you do feel like your in your own little boutique hideaway. I have taken some of my own pics of the pool room I am staying in, so you can see what it looks like. I rate everything here from the service to the facilities very high, worth it if you want style but also to be central to everything. Only negative are beds are a tad hard, but I managed and I am a fussy sleeper

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo