Having read the raving reviews on trip advisor hopes were high and we paid 5* prices for our stay. The hotel reception is directly on one of the main streets in patong, wedged between McDonalds and Starbucks - not exactly the kind of 5* setting that I am used too but we let it go. We quickly started to pray that our room was nowhere near reception and the endless whine of scooters that whizz past 24 hours a day. Thankfully the room was away from the noise and was relatively spacious but jaded around the edges and in need of an overhaul. If anyone is tempted to book the rooms with the private pools then be aware that they are far from private as everyone going to/from the beach walks right past your room and pool! Food wise then breakfast was good, plenty to choose from and good service. The rooftop bar is really nice but lacks atmosphere as hardly anyone used it in the week that we were there. We ate in the hotel a couple of nights and the food was ok but nothing to really rave about, we found the best food in Patong thanks to the hotel concierge who sent us to some really great Thai and Itallian restaurants overlooking the sea.
The best bit about La Flora is the direct access to the beach, however the access leads directly into the gay part of Patong beach so honeymooners and families who do not enjoy a thong clad carnival atmosphere need to head along the beach a little. Having said that the beach bar in front of the hotel is excellent and the staff are really attentive.
Overall then La Flora is 'ok' and certainly an oasis in the zoo that is Patong!, however compared to other 5* hotels in Thailand then it falls short by a long way.
Patong is pretty trashy with endless bars, drag shows and shops selling fakes, it is certainly not the idyllic Thailand that most people are looking for after a long haul flight but if this is your thing then La Flora is by far the best hotel that we saw in Patong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Flora Resort Patong…Beachfront bliss embraces at your stay…Discover contemporary design, only a step to the beach, features truly relaxing Pool Villa, Pool Access, Surface Bar with panoramic views and indulge yourself throughout lifestyle entertainment in tropical paradise on Patong Beach. Just steps away from the pristine white sands of Phuket’s finest beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your La Flora Resort Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Flora Resort Patong Hotel Patong
- La Flora Hotel
- La Flora Patong
- La Flora Resort Patong Phuket