“Great hotel for money value”
Review of Rico's Hotel

Rico's Hotel
Ranked #116 of 321 Hotels in Patong
LEBANON
“Great hotel for money value”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This hotel is at great location,on bangla road,right in the middle of the action,the night life and partying scene never stops uptill the early hours of the morning,even by day time ,bangla rd is busy with the merchants ,the touristsand the traders who came from far away lands just to get things at low cost in thailand ,the beach is just a 5min walk from the hotel we stayed in,i liked it a lot and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kuala Belait
Reviewed 29 May 2012

It was me and my buddies' first time to have a vacation in Phuket, and when I was recommended by a friend to stay at Rico's hotel, I thanked him ALOT for this! :D
Me and my buddies love the facts that this hotel is VERY cheap, VERY clean rooms (very cold air-conditioned rooms at that too) and VERY well strategically located near Patong beach, Jungceylon Mall and of course, our favorite place, the Bangla streets, all 3 locations within very easy reach! (Less than 4minutes by walk!)
For the hotel that comes with an elevator, affordable laundry service and water pressure hoses in the toilets (yes thats important too!), are also big bonuses for us. And although it's a simple hotel, its the perfect hotel for us anyway, since we were too 'entertained' and too wasted in Tiger Bangla for 5 nights straight, hehehe, so walking to the hotel is never a problem... :D
Payment-wise is not an issue either, we paid cash on the spot for our rooms without hassle, and we were assisted by the kind receptionist and the staffs for our airport transfer, our laundry and keeping our rooms clean daily during our 6-day stay in Rico's. And we can still manage to get our much-needed sleep during our stay, despite the hustle and bustle of the streets of Bangla.. :)
We're going to Phuket again end of this year, and we know exactly where to stay next time, thanks Rico's hotel! :D

Room Tip: If you're the kind of person who doesn't mind staying at a basic hotel, then Rico's is t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My trip to Phuket, Thailand was absolutely ruined by Rico's Hotel and the bad customer service there. Much thanks to the tackless front desk person, and missing-in-action night manager, I lost my two night reservation at their hotel along with my $119.60.
Don't book here and have this happen to you:
I booked for two nights at this hotel Jan. 24-26th, but when my itinerary changed I called Rico's Hotel Patong Jan. 17 to let them know that I would like to check in Jan 25 and check out Jan 27th, still for two nights. The front desk working that Jan. 17th told me she found the reservation under my name and would be able to change the dates for the dates I requested. Therefore, I got the confirmation from the front desk that the changes were made. Nothing to worry about, right? So very wrong.
I came into Phuket at 9pm, Jan 25th (the date the hotel confirmed with me was changed in the reservation) to have the night staff tell me not only that my reservation was cancelled, but that there were NO rooms left. 9pm, in Patong Beach Phuket, the second most visited area in Thailand with no hotel reservation...not a pleasant situation to be put in.
Even worse, the front desk agent only met my questions of "What can I do now?" with laughter. The night manager was nowhere to be found, and when the front desk called him to tell him of the situation he refused to speak to me on the phone, to give me a refund, or to help me with finding another room...because afterall, they gave my reservation to someone else and booked up their whole hotel.

So, at 10pm on Jan.25th I walked around Bangla Square hotel-to-hotel asking if any rooms were available and finally found another hotel with one vacancy at 11pm at night. Horrible first night in Phuket thanks to the help of Rico's Hotel Patong. And two weeks later, I am still waiting for the feedback of whether or not I will receive the $119.60 I lost to this lovely establishment. To Rico's Hotel Patong, if you do keep the money you wrongfully took from me, please do use it to train your staff the proper means of communication in business and why not? Use some money to take some Customer Service classes perhaps?

Room Tip: No such things as good rooms for a horrible hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lily S
Jakarta
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Cheap hotel, comfort, and near by the beach. You can walk to get in to the beach. And also near entertainment area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lenny A
Aust
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Rico's Hotel in Bangla Rd is in a great position but the hotel needs a lot of renovations done nothing worked in the room they first gave us so they upgradedd us the a duluxe room which was not much better they do not have hot water to shower & they advertise they have a pool you have to travel 45 minutes away to the other hotel to us the pool the staff very nice but would not stay there a gain

Room Tip: Good location bad hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CCCruiser_9
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stay in Rico"s 2 Nights in end of june 2011.
Perfect location. Middle of everything, 2 minute walk to Jungcyleon.
2 minute walk to Patong Beach.
My stay was very good, comfartabe & very nice.
Very big room (Dlx Room). & 1 free extra bed.
No brake fast in the hotel.
Tea coffee facilty in room, 2 free drinking water bottles every day.
Free use of computer with internet use in the looby.
Reception Lady (Shwa Pakunaworajhit) very cooperative & nice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ahtesham
Koge, Denmark
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This hotel have a perfect location.
You are in the middle of everything, so no matter if you want to enjoy time for shopping, dinning/drinking, for finding girls or enter the beach, all can be done within a radius of 300 meter.
I booked a deluxe room, which was very nice, huge bed, nice bathroom with shampoo, soap and nice towels.
The hotel have a very nice staff, and the owner also kind person.
Next to the hotel is situated a fantastic restaurant "Riccos Pizza" which server brilliant food, for little expensive, but absolute fair price. (I've got myself nice grilled beef, perfect done, very soft meat and homemeade sauce)
Again it is not Hilton, but you have the best value for your money when visit Phuket.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo