“Great Value and Location”
Review of Rico's Hotel

Rico's Hotel
Ranked #120 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Booked 2 rooms with 5 of us from 29 June to 1 July. Was given rooms at 1st floor and was worried about the noise at night but it was not so bad in the end. Of course, you can hear the music from the room but my expectation was far worse than that so it was a good experience in the end. Arrived early in the morning and was very happy to be given early check in. We really needed a short rest and shower at that time since we booked a city tour at 9AM.

Room was clean, had all the basic amenities and another thing we were very happy about was the complimentary extra bed. Upon entering the room, the extra bed was ready even before we arrived. Comfy beds and pillow, good TV channels selection, air-cond was very cool and quiet.

Location was very good. Nearby Patong Beach, Jungceylon and of course, the infamous Bangla Road.

Only bad thing is on the morning of our check out, I think a group just came back from partying and was very loud outside our room. Talking loudly and banging the doors. It was a good thing we had to check out early and was not very disturbed by them.

Overall a good experience and would definitely return for another stay with them in the future.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you could request for a higher floor room and rooms on the left side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I've had my 3rd vacation in Phuket for 2 years now and staying in Rico's Hotel has never failed to serve me well. Excellent room service, very affordable and spacious large rooms (not to mention cold too, but of course its much needed due to the intense heat!), timely laundry service, airport transfer provided, excellent location to just about everywhere in Patong in 5 minutes, the beach, the famous Jungceylon Mall, the night market, the massage places and the nightlife, especially the nightlife (since I'm a party-goer and the tiger live band is just right on front of the hotel!) and I always feel warmly welcomed by the receptionists and the staffs there, even though I stayed at the hotel again and again, hehehehehe...
And plus, I managed to meet up with the hotel owner himself, I deeply appreciated his support in putting my deluxe room on the higher floors to decrease noise pollution from the nightlife.
I intend to have my annual vacays to Phuket, and it's also my intention on staying at Rico's Hotel every year too. Thank you Rico's Hotel, you're my second home now.. :D

Room Tip: To all party-goers and those who are heavy sleepers and can endure the noise of the nightlife, Rico...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Well!!! if there is a place on earth where all the actions begin and the price point is also low, then its got to be this Hotel, Rico's. Its at the right spot on the Bangla street (Bangla street is where the party doesnt stop till 5am). It the right place if you want to party. There are 1 dance club just below it and one opposite it. Tight club. The beach is hardly 10 min walk from the hotel. The staff is very good and cooperative. This hotel is the best place for friends and If you really wanna have fun then this is the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights before we flew home. Research Bangla road before booking this hotel. The hotel itself it a great central location to the wild night life, shopping and beach. Will not stay here again because Bangla is not our scene, however I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I went to Phuket for the first time and didn't know what to expect.
The hotel was hidden a bit but not hard to find. It's a good hotel, clean and the rooms are good. The reception was actually very helpful and gave lots of great advice on things to do.
My room was good size and equipped with everything needed.
Outside the hotel there were a number of restaurants and a hooka place which was great. Down the alley is the famous Bangla street where everything happens.
The location was perfect and not even a one minute walk from the hotel.
Patong beach was also a 5 minute walk hence it was good in all aspects. As for value for money again it was great and I was really happy from all sides.
The hotel was good; service was good and location was great.
I highly recommend it from all sides for singles. I don't think it's a place for families but for single people its great.
Kal

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 16 March 2013

AUD$48 to stay in the heart of Bangla road district, seemed too good to be true, but I found this place was exactly as represented on the booking site.

The room was huge, although perhaps that space is not used to its optimum, eg the bathroom had no bath, yet could easily have accomodated one.

Of course, noise is what you would expect, it is located at the end of a short lane running off Bangla Road, and so I will observe rather than complain that it was noisy. I didnt care, it comes with the territory, and I wanted the experience for one night at least, of being able to say I stayed in Bangla Road (effectively)

I give it 3 stars, which equates to 'average' but if I could, I'd rate it 3.5, as it is much better than average, but not extending as far as 'very good'....If the location appeals, its outrageously good value for money

Room Tip: not much point asking for a quiet room here. You go in to this hotel with your eyes wide open. Its B...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The staffs were marvelous, friendly and helpful.
Our first night was interrupted by the loud noise from the club below.
Our room was on 1st floor as we needed triple bedroom. The room was HUGE and SPACIOUS. If only the noise were tolerable, we would have stayed in that room till our last night. Such a big regret.
We asked to the change the room for the next day and the staffs arranged it for us without much hassle. If you are a party goer and will come back to hotel after you're done with partying, then it's OK. If not, i guess you can mention to have upper floors room when you are making the reservation. The noise is barely noticeable on upper floors.

The location is smack in the middle of Bangla Road, so expect large crowds and nightlife. Near to 7-Eleven, Bangla Mall & Jungcyelon Mall.

Value for money, spacious room and friendly service. Will choose Rico's again for our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors and facing the back - 2nd & 3rd floor if you value your sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends