“Nice try but does not quite work”
Review of The Album Hotel

The Album Hotel
Ranked #84 of 420 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This botique hotel has an air of tiredness about it. The pool on the roof is missing most of the external tiles, The light fittings in our room we hanging down. A request on the first night for an extra pillow met with a NO. The next morning and a change of reception, a pillow arrived. Welcome to Hospitality Thai style.
Having said of the negative stuff, the hotel is in a good location, the breakfast and all day coffee are a bonus. I think on balance you could find better places to stay

Room Tip: ask for a room on the street side you might luck an ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peejay40219

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Good location 5 min walk to the beach and 5 min walk to bangla rd. Nice and clean room but if u get the room on the 2nd floor u will feel like u sleep in the intersection, the wall so thin we can hear the pipe working every times the next room use toilet.

the ladyboy at reception was so rude threw the book to me to sign when I brought beach towels back to them. The rest of the staff are really nice especially the guy in the night shift.
Swimming pool very small and dirty the sun lounger have mould and birth poo on it.
This place is overpriced u can find a better hotel in the better location with the same money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thaistraveller
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great location to enjoy the nightlife and beach without being disturbed by the street noise. Small hotel with friendly staff, nice breakfast and very big jaccuzzi on the roof of the hotel. Rooms are clean and well equipped.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Classic Room;
- Room is clean, pillows and bed is very comfortable. Please note that they're using the 2 pin plug for their electrical socket which you can borrow the adapter from the receptonist.
- Washroom is clean, no issue with hot water. Toothpaste and toothbrush is not provided (not an issue as you can get them from a department store for a dollar!)
- Please do note that you'll still be able to hear the street noises (especially the 'saturday night... saturday night...' boxing fight advertisement) but bearable.

Hotel location;
- 5mins to Patong Beach
- 5mins to Bangla Road
- 7mins to Kusuma Seafood Restaurant
- 8mins to Jungceylon Shopping Mall

Breakfast;
- Mainly bread, cereal, coffee/tea, juices, milk, yogurt, salads, eggs; very basic yes but you'll only need to fill in for the morning or for the day tours as you'll be spoilt for choices of the good food selections around Patong!

Other Information;
- A pool/jacuzzi at the rooftop and serves coffee/tea, juices and biscuits at the lobby 24/7.
- Receptionist speaks good english.

Went with my best buddy on 11th - 17th February 2014.
No doubt will check-in to this hotel if I were to be in Patong again.

Room Tip: Take the room with balcony if you're planning to 'dry' your clothes. They provide laund...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel was lovely, close to everything and whilst my boyfriend wasn't a big fan of the staff I thought they were all professional, kind, helpful and spoke very good english! They even printed out our plane tickets are ordered and extremely cheap, private car to the airport. On arrival we were upgraded! Our room was clean and cute, I think each one has something different! We had the fish room: tv, dvd, balcony, beach chairs, robes and a hot shower! Whilst there are scuffed edges here and there I really think this is a silly thing to have a problem about as the hotel has an intentional look to be modern yet rustic and boutique. The pool on the top is awesome! Overlooks the city! Was quite small but your in Patong! Go to the beach if you want a swim! There is free wifi which dropped in and out but I would advise you to just get a Thai sim for less that 500 baht which lasted me 2 weeks of internet and a lot of downloads! There is free drinks 24/7 in the reception and you can drop your key in a safe box when you head out so you don't have to worry about loosing it! I do think breakfast could have a bit more work, just fruit and yoghurt and toast but for the price you pay its not a great loss and theres food all around the hotel (go further down the straight, across the busy road and you will find the most amazing ice cream parlour!). The power also was cut from about 9-12 as the street was having an upgrade, this wasn't made very clear and my boyfriend was left in the room with no power and was being hurried to check out earlier than the latest time but to be fair I think all the staff were a little stressed! I did have to pay 100 baht at check out as I used a white hand towel to remove make up. Although I know from personal experience that it comes out in the wash they insisted it didn't so I just paid the $3, no biggie! If your looking for somewhere clean, nice, friendly and central then this is perfect!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I booked here at the last minute. Room ok. Pool on roof top dirty, didn't use it. Rooms at front of hotel very noisy with street traffic, big light at front of hotel. I had to carry my own bags. Staff don't even acknowledge you there. Breakfast ok. Not much to choose from. Would not stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dinodissi
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Boutique hotel located in Patong, about 3 mins walking to beach and 5 Mins walkiing to Bangala Road.
very cute interior and one of the cleanest we saw. hairdryer, bathrobe, umbrella, beach mat provided. continetnal breakfast also included. what I did not like about hotel was we stayed there 1 night because we were transiting to airport. upon check out, maid service said we stained the pillow case and had to either launder it or pay for dirty sheet.
having traveled extensively, I know alot of hotels in Asia try this scam on travelers Do Not pay when requested of this.
A - We did not pay and this put a bad taste in my mouth and changed my opion of hotel.
B - I know we did not dirty the sheet because, we basically had room to just shower and store our clothes. hardly even slept on bed.
BE AWARE OF THIS SCAM.

Room Tip: make sure you check before leaving that items are clean, naturally they should be cleaning themselve...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends