“Amazing ”

Price range: US$21 - US$53
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing meal last night. It was amazing from start to finish. They have a good wine list,My boyfriend has the steak and lobster and was very impressed well worth the money. We had three course as the food was so lovely. The service is top standard yes it's more expensive then many other places but it is so worth going and well worth the money. Would defiantly go bak.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear "Vikkie L"

Thank you for your "amazing" review! Your feedback with regards the high standard of service, the quality of the food and the great value for money is all very greatly appreciated and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our yearly holiday around Christmas/New Year to Patong is spent at the wonderful Holiday Inn Resort in Patong. This review is long overdue, but thought I'd better write one before we return there on our upcoming holiday. Lucky for me, it's my birthday while we are there and my choice for birthday dinner celebrations has always been Sams Steak & Grill (within the resort). From the moment you step inside the door, you are greeted by the friendly staff. The food and service is consistently excellent. The food & wine menu is vast and when ordering steak you have choices with your sides. There are other options on the menu for those not choosing steak. Most times it's just been the 2 of us but last year we had family (adult children & partners) with us, so the 10 of us were seated in a separate dining room which accommodates large groups perfectly. The main dining area is set up well, the tables are far enough apart, has soft lighting and comfortable seats. Some items on the menu are prep right at your table so you can see the wait staff do their great work first hand. Great value when you think what you would would pay in a comparable restaurant here in Australia. They even made a special dessert for me since it was my special day and all the wait staff brought it to the table and sang HB! What a nice touch and greatly appreciated ☺️. I'm looking forward to our upcoming holiday back to the HI and enjoying another wonderful evening at SAMs with great food, fine wine and excellent service. I would say a perfect choice for Couples, Family with adult children, Friends, Business associates or even if you're dining alone. A big thank you to all the staff, you all do a great job!

Dear "mcb44"

Thank you for your "excellent" and very detailed review! I am really pleased to note that all of your previous experiences in Sam's have been truly memorable and enjoyable and I am sure that you will be delighted with the continuous improvements we have made, our new wine list and new menu. Please contact me in person when you arrive at the hotel for your up-coming holiday and I will happily assist in making your reservation for your birthday celebration dinner and in ensuring that you are very well taken care of by the manager, Panom, and his team. We look forward to seeing you back in a few weeks and, in the meantime, if there is anything else we can help with please let us know

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The selection of steaks and wine was amazing. The waiters and waitresses were very helpful in offering advice on the choice of wines and the whole ambiance was worth the final bill........... a truly great experience - many thanks

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear "steve L"

Thank you for taking the time to share another great review with us, in addition to that already given for the hotel. It is great to note that overall you have found the dining experience to be good value and that both the food and the service have impressed. I will make sure to share your feedback with the restaurant manager, Panom, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Having read reviews already, my husband and I chose to dine at Sam's last night for our anniversary! It's located within the beautiful grounds of Holiday Inn resort.

WOW WOW WOW the food is absolutely amazing! The service is very friendly and we were surprised with the arrival of a chicken entree followed by an orange sorbet to cleanse our palate before our scrumptious mains arrived.

I definitely recommend Sam's beef and reef (1500bt). The Aussie beef has amazing flavour (proud to be an Aussie) and is accompanied by half of a huge lobster. The waitress flambeed the curry sauce right next to us which made great video footage! We ordered creme brûlées each for dessert which were also amazing! The hard toffee was a delight to crack :-)

Our special evening was topped off by the choc mint pops served in a dry ice bowl. We've never seen anything like it before and will recommend this restaurant to any of our friends who visit PaTong!

Thank you 100% service and food!

Tip: must be wearing shirts with sleeves. No singlets allowed however they do have shirts there to borrow if you aren't dressed appropriately for fine dining.

Dear "essilou"

Thank you for your "WOW WOW WOW" review and I am delighted that we have exceeded your expectations for your very important anniversary celebration! Your feedback with regards the delicious food, the wonderful surprises throughout the meal and the service from our staff is all very much appreciated and I will certainly share your comments with the manager, Panom, and his team.

We look forward to seeing you back again on your next trip to Patong!

Executive Assistant manager

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I had a great night here. So i think If you want to experience great service and fantastic food, you have to try Sam's Steakhouse.
The steak and vegetables were cooked perfectly, it was truly a mouth watering experience. The service was excellent. The ambiance was amazing.
We had a nice holiday and came here completed it.
Highly recommended. We absolutely return.

Dear "Taylor N"

Thank you for taking the time to share your "great" review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed not only the high quality of the food, but also the atmosphere and the service from our wonderful staff and I will be sure to share your comments with the restaurant manager, Panom, and his team.

We hope to see you back again soon!