“Average steak”

Price range: US$21 - US$53
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Undeniably the number one Steakhouse in Patong, the readers of TripAdvisor have recently recognized us as the best fine dining experience in Phuket, and amongst the very best restaurants in Thailand! A classic steakhouse with elegant service, great wine selection and only the very best imported beef combining to make the perfect evening, every time! The dress code for 'smart casual' at all times. We prefer that men will wear long trousers and collared shirt, short or long sleeved, with shoes and that ladies are also suitably attired for dinner. However, we understand that we are in a hot, 'holiday' environment and we are happy to receive guests with more casual attire providing the 'smart casual' tone is maintained. Guests will not be allowed to dine if dressed in beach-wear or sports-wear. Thank you for kind consideration of our other diners.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I ordered the sirloin. It was cooked perfectly to my liking although it was lined with fat and gristle. After I left I was stuck with fat between my teeth. The sautéed potatoes on the other hand were very nice. Although I did think it was a very small serving. The staff were also very nice and helpful.

1  Thank tomh2092
layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear "tomh2092"

Thank you for sharing your review and I am really sorry to read that our (normally excellent...) steaks have disappointed on this occasion. I will certainly review this with the chef and I will share your other very positive feedback with the team. We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit again and enjoy the very best that Sam's has to offer!

There are newer reviews for Sam's Steaks and Grill

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Based in the Holiday Inn Resort Complex, advisable to book at busy periods.
The dress code advice in the hotel room is a smart - long shirt sleeves and no shorts and no flip flops and no sports wear.
My wife and I made the effort only to note on arrival that most are in shorts and flip flops, not ideal. Most if not all of dinner guests arriving after us were similarly dressed - If spending extra money on the whole dining experience then the management must enforce its own rules.

The steak was good, but the portions were miniscule two pieces of carrot the size of your thumb, this does not constitute 'vegetables'!

An average bottle of Australian plonk, but at 1500 Baht is the most I have ever paid for such wine in any restaurant anywhere in the world! Ridiculous. The final bill came in at over 5000 Baht, easily the most I have ever paid for such a 2 course dinner.

Service was good, perhaps over attentive, staff hovering around the table with small talk - not required!

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear "LawrenceSalvoni"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and, overall, positive review. Your feedback with regards the dress code is especially well received as we continue to refine the rules to strike the best balance considering the tone of the restaurant and the fact that we are in a holiday resort destination.

Your further comments on the portion size and the overly attentive service are also well noted and I will certainly discuss these with the restaurant manager to make appropriate improvements.

While it is true that the wine is comparatively expensive, it should be noted that this is not only within our resort, but across Thailand where imported alcohol in general is subject to a tax of almost 400% and wine is subjected to a further two tier tax (based on both alcohol volume and value) making all imported wines markedly more expensive than in their countries of origin. We will continue to try to offer the best value possible, and we do review the pricing and products on offer on a regular basis.

Once again, thank you for sharing this valuable feedback and we do hope that you will have the chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Absolutely sensational. whole experience was awesome!! Never tasted better steak in my life and service was fantastic!

Dear "Aimee P"

Thank you for your "AMAZING" review! I will be sure to share your very positive comments with the manager, Panom, and his team and we hope to see you back again soon for another great experience at Sam's!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This restaurant in the Holiday Inn Resort served up one of the best steaks my husband and I have ever had (you can get one to share between two) and the service was exceptional. We didn't feel that the price was overly high for the quality of the meal. Definitely go back again.

Dear "Aussie E"

Thank you for sharing this very kind feedback and I am pleased to read that you have had such an enjoyable dining experience at Sam's! Your comments with regards the quality of the food and the high standard of service are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have had a meal at Sam's every time we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Patong and it has always been exceptional. We ate there again three nights ago and enjoyed ourselves just as much.

The food was amazing - fabulous starters, the steaks cooked perfectly (with delicious side dishes) and one of the best creme brûlées I have had. The complimentary sorbet and chocolate mint ice cream balls are a nice touch and as usual the service was excellent.

It is not cheap by Thai standards but you would pay much more for a lesser meal in Australia and it is well worth the expense.

Thank you to Pladook and the team for a wonderful evening.

layberry, Manager at Sam's Steaks and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear "Jenny T"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am really pleased that my colleague Pladook and the rest of the team have taken such care to deliver a truly memorable experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the manager, Panom, and his team and we do hope you will have the chance to visit again soon!